Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

10 qz

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    1. Name one sport you'd like to get into (via club/league/etc)? I fence right now, but I miss playing soccer and I want to get back to playing it at some point.
    No shit? How bad does it hurt when someone really gets you? I know you wear armor/padding, but i've heard it hurts like a sonofabitch
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    1. Name one sport you'd like to get into (via club/league/etc)? I fence right now, but I miss playing soccer and I want to get back to playing it at some point.
    No shit? How bad does it hurt when someone really gets you? I know you wear armor/padding, but i've heard it hurts like a sonofabitch
    It varies. I've gotten hit pretty hard in the chest and arm multiple times, but it usually just stings for a minute or so and then goes away. I got drilled in the knee once though and that fucking crippled me.
    I worked with this guy once who use to fence with his son, and he said they really got very violent and tried to inflict as much pain as they could in their jabs. He lifted his shirt and showed me once and he had then grapefruit size black bruises. I always wondered if he bruised easy, or if they really were getting each other that hard.
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    i always wanted to try fencing. tried to talk my buddy into getting some equipment so we could fence each other but he wouldnt go for it
    i always wanted to try fencing. tried to talk my buddy into getting some equipment so we could fence each other but he wouldnt go for it
    join a club. they will provide the equipment and instruction.
    yeah the closest place i could go to fence is over 3 hours away from me. i've looked into it before
    that sucks. Fincing is something I can't wait to get into..... but it probably has to wait until after I am done with my masters program. I'm away from the family enough as it is....
  • TortureQueenTortureQueen Posts: 805 just the tip
    Name one sport you'd like to get into (via club/league/etc)? surfing
    2. Name one instrument you'd like to learn to play? violin
    3. Name one skill you'd like to learn? to speak a foreign language
    4. Did you get out and enjoy this sun this weekend (what did you do)? we didn't have any sun this weekend
    5. Have you ever gone geocaching? No
    6. What's the last thing you bought? gallon of milk and 50lbs of dog food
    7. How many times have you seen Metallica in concert? 4
    8. Is origami for money cool? eh...
    9. Would you rather have an Iphone or Droid? Droid
    10. I can haz pollz? why not
    that sucks. Fincing is something I can't wait to get into..... but it probably has to wait until after I am done with my masters program. I'm away from the family enough as it is....
    yeah the joys of living in buttfuck nowhere. maybe i should just challenge people to real sword fights
    Name one sport you'd like to get into (via club/league/etc)? surfing
    The first time I tried surfing, I was surprised by how powerful the ocean is. I had a wave crash on my head and push me like 10 feet under the water. There was a split second where I thought I was going to die.
  • TortureQueenTortureQueen Posts: 805 just the tip
    i've never really surfed, i've done boogie boarding and body surfing but its not the same, its just something i've always wanted to do, getting caught up in the undertow is freaky to and i know what you mean about being downed by a wave and getting pushed down and caught in the spin.... u don't know which way is up.
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I worked with this guy once who use to fence with his son, and he said they really got very violent and tried to inflict as much pain as they could in their jabs. He lifted his shirt and showed me once and he had then grapefruit size black bruises. I always wondered if he bruised easy, or if they really were getting each other that hard.
    Unfortunately some people are like that, but those people are generally beginners, and it may be different for me because I fence on a college team. If you fence with people that actually try to do well rather than just hit your opponent as hard as possible you generally won't get hurt. No matter what your skill level or who you're fencing though, there will always be the chance of getting hurt, whether on purpose or just an accidental hit.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    1. Name one sport you'd like to get into (via club/league/etc)? not really. i only like to swim these days
    2. Name one instrument you'd like to learn to play? i never learned piano
    3. Name one skill you'd like to learn? my friend just got into stock trading. seems interesting
    4. Did you get out and enjoy this sun this weekend (what did you do)? just played with my son a lot
    5. Have you ever gone geocaching? ?
    6. What's the last thing you bought? a spicy italian sub from subway
    7. How many times have you seen Metallica in concert? 8
    8. Is origami for money cool? sometimes
    9. Would you rather have an Iphone or Droid? don't really know the difference
    10. I can haz pollz? i wish :-w
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    1. Name one sport you'd like to get into (via club/league/etc)? Asking me right now, Basketball.
    2. Name one instrument you'd like to learn to play? Piano, above all.
    3. Name one skill you'd like to learn? Singing.
    4. Did you get out and enjoy this sun this weekend (what did you do)? Nope. Stayed in.
    5. Have you ever gone geocaching? Lolwut.
    6. What's the last thing you bought? An 1/8th of Loud.
    7. How many times have you seen Metallica in concert? 0.
    8. Is origami for money cool? Lolwut.
    9. Would you rather have an Iphone or Droid? Have now had both. Currently own an iPhone. iPhone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    10. I can haz pollz? YOU'LL. HAVE. NOTHING.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    If you want to sing you can take lessons
    imageimage
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Which I plan on. Need a job doe, shit's expensive.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    1. Name one sport you'd like to get into (via club/league/etc)? None
    2. Name one instrument you'd like to learn to play? I think learning alto sax would be kind of cool, but more realisticly, I wish I had a good singing voice.
    3. Name one skill you'd like to learn? I wish I could learn things by ear on first listen.
    4. Did you get out and enjoy this sun this weekend (what did you do)? I was on retreat, so I was out and about in the sun.
    5. Have you ever gone geocaching? No
    6. What's the last thing you bought? My Iron Maiden ticket I think
    7. How many times have you seen Metallica in concert? Twice. The second time was free :D
    8. Is origami for money cool? I don't understand the question. Are you asking if we should accept origami as currency or is it cool when people use dollar bills to make origami figures? If the first, no. If the later, sure, I guess.
    9. Would you rather have an Iphone or Droid? iPhone since I know more people with iPhones
    10. I can haz pollz? No
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Which I plan on. Need a job doe, shit's expensive.
    Have you looked around for cheaper options or are there only a few to chose from anyway?
    imageimage
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    what state do you think is the worst state in the US?
    would you kill one family member or one thousand random people?
    would you have sex with your pet if it would save their lives from dying?
    what is one drug you want to try but never tried before?
    when your 60 years old do you think youll find other 60 year olds attractive?
    where do you think space ends?
    How many lives do you think you could live before you got sick of living?
    if it turned out that piss was the most nutritious drink in the world would you actively drink it?
    if for one year you could change places with another human picked at complete random would you do it?
    if everyones avatar pic was a pic of them naked giving thumbs up would it be funny or gross?