Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

10 qz

Comments

• Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I feel like a lot of you missed the point on the first question. Someone who doesnt listen to metal, aint going to like shit like The Haunted, Meshuggah, BDM, etc.... The question is really asking what bands to you consider appropriate gateway metal bands. Satan, Nola both had good answers... CF was like half there until he said Insomnium.
    But that wasn't the question
    If someone who didnt listen to metal wanted to hear what sort of music I like, I wouldnt share with them any extreme metal bands. There is no point. They will respond with "that is awful!". So you gotta dumb it down and just stick to gateway bands so they can have an idea of why you like metal.
    but that's not what the question said. [-X It didn't say what gateway bands would you recommend for a non metal head.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    99% of people respond with "that is aweful" anyways. Even if you let them listen to something simple like Marilyn Manson. The question asked to hear what you listen to, so you can name anything you enjoy in metal. If they want to know why you like metal, letting them listen to someone isn't going to explain it. Even verbally explaining it to someone. Usually by the end of the explaination they're like "that's cool, I still don't get it though".
    imageimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i know a couple people who listen to 'gateway' metal bands but idk a single person who listens to real metal, not one
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    givz a fukk about suggestinz [-(
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    If somebody who didn't listen to any metal asked to hear what you listen to, what artist would you show them? Opeth
    What non-metal artist would you say you listen to most? The Doors
    Do you go on 4chan? If so, which boards? No
    How many pets have you had? i've really only ever had one pet, twas a hound dog
    Favorite flavor of gum? i dont chew gum
    What band have you seen live the most times? Hatebreed and Zombie.
    Were you raised in a theist household? umm i guess so
    Have you kept touch with your childhood friends(kids you hung out with when you were below the age of 12)? yes, most of my friends i have known for 20+ years
    Have you ever shot a gun? many times but never a hand gun
    How do I shot web? ???
  • AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    I feel like a lot of you missed the point on the first question. Someone who doesnt listen to metal, aint going to like shit like The Haunted, Meshuggah, BDM, etc.... The question is really asking what bands to you consider appropriate gateway metal bands. Satan, Nola both had good answers... CF was like half there until he said Insomnium.
    That's why is said it depends on the person. I would try to find something with influence from what they listen too. With so many forms of metal you can find almost anything in some genre.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    So you dudes that like to play elitist think it's more appropriate to ease someone into metal with softer music. Interesting.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I think it's funny because that isn't even what the question was asking. The person you're playing music to doesn't want to know why you like metal or wants to get into it. They just want to hear what it is you listen to..so what would you play? Could be literally any metal band
    imageimage
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Wake is always changing slaps questions to meet his needs it's nothing new.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    :))
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    :))
    imageimage
  • AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    edited March 2012
    Favorite poster?
    Star wars or trek?
    Rap or country?
    If shit hit the fan tomorrow and society collapsed how long could do you think you would survive?
    Favorite video game ever?
    If you could kick anyone in the nuts/pussy who would it be?
    Pro-life/pro-choice?
    Most you would pay for a bottle of alcohol?
    Coolest artist you have met?
    Who do you think is the worst person in history besides Hitler?
    Post edited by Abbadon on
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Favorite poster? I have a cool one of Travis Pastrana on my wall
    Star wars or trek? Wars
    Rap or country? Neither
    If shit hit the fan tomorrow and society collapsed how long could do you think you would survive? Uh....I don't know?
    Favorite video game ever? Twisted Metal 2 at the moment
    If you could kick anyone in the nuts/pussy who would it be? Tyler Perry
    Pro-life/pro-choice? Pro-not being a dumb bitch
    Most you would pay for a bottle of alchohol? I don't care
    Coolest artist you have met? As in nice? Probably Davey Calabrese from Calabrese
    Who do you think is the worst person in history besides Hitler? Tyler Perry
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Favorite poster? idk
    Star wars or trek? neither
    Rap or country? rap
    If shit hit the fan tomorrow and society collapsed how long could do you think you would survive? dont care
    Favorite video game ever? super mario bros
    If you could kick anyone in the nuts/pussy who would it be? no one
    Pro-life/pro-choice? pro-choice
    Most you would pay for a bottle of alchohol? alcohol*
    Coolest artist you have met? tim lambesis. Coolest dude evahh.
    Who do you think is the worst person in history besides Hitler? oprah
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Favorite poster? The Rush poster i have is cool because it's all glossy and nice
    Star wars or trek? Wars
    Rap or country? I can get down to early Country
    If shit hit the fan tomorrow and society collapsed how long could do you think you would survive? Not as long as I'd like
    Favorite video game ever? Conkur's Bad Fur Day
    If you could kick anyone in the nuts/pussy who would it be? Sharon Osbourne
    Pro-life/pro-choice? Pro-choice
    Most you would pay for a bottle of alchohol? I wouldn't pay for a bottle of alcohol
    Coolest artist you have met? Arthur Von Nagel is super chill
    Who do you think is the worst person in history besides Hitler? I don't really know.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Favorite poster? A collage I made of a bunch of Scandinavian bands.
    Star wars or trek? Star Wars.
    Rap or country? Country
    If shit hit the fan tomorrow and society collapsed how long could do you think you would survive? Maybe a year or so.
    Favorite video game ever? .....
    If you could kick anyone in the nuts/pussy who would it be? My former best friend.
    Pro-life/pro-choice? Pro-choice.
    Most you would pay for a bottle of alchohol? $0.
    Coolest artist you have met? I've met a lot. Maybe Robb Flynn or Trevor Phipps or Silenoz or Inferno.
    Who do you think is the worst person in history besides Hitler? A lot of these Russians I'm learning about were quite fucked in the head.

kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Favorite poster? I dont have any posters, I have cool show Flyers doe...
    Star wars or trek? 0
    Rap or country? rap
    If shit hit the fan tomorrow and society collapsed how long could do you think you would survive? till I die of old age
    Favorite video game ever? madden
    If you could kick anyone in the nuts/pussy who would it be? Andy Reid
    Pro-life/pro-choice? pro choice
    Most you would pay for a bottle of alchohol? 0
    Coolest artist you have met? Joey Knuckles
    Who do you think is the worst person in history besides Hitler? child molesters.
    Favorite poster? My signed Cradle poster. I also have a small Suffocation poster signed. And for old school..my Spice Girls one :))
    Star wars or trek? Star Wars
    Rap or country? Rap..but preferrably niether
    If shit hit the fan tomorrow and society collapsed how long could do you think you would survive? Longer then I think
    Favorite video game ever? I never get tired of Ocarina of Time
    If you could kick anyone in the nuts/pussy who would it be? Just one? Idk..there's too many I'd do that to
    Pro-life/pro-choice? Pro-choice
    Most you would pay for a bottle of alchohol? Depends on the occasion but 100
    Coolest artist you have met? I've met a bunch..but Nergal
    Who do you think is the worst person in history besides Hitler? child molesters/rapists
    imageimage
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,713 spicy boy
    Favorite poster? -my signed Cormorant one
    Star wars or trek? - Star Wars
    Rap or country? -neither...if anything oldschool rap
    If shit hit the fan tomorrow and society collapsed how long could do you think you would survive? - forever
    Favorite video game ever?- my fav series is Uncharted atm.
    If you could kick anyone in the nuts/pussy who would it be? - no one
    Pro-life/pro-choice? -pro life
    Most you would pay for a bottle of alchohol? - i wouldnt pay for alchohol
    Coolest artist you have met? - hmm. idk. singer of Forged in Flames was cool, Red Fang was cool, Korpiklaani was pretty cool- although they didnt talk much.
    Who do you think is the worst person in history besides Hitler? - me
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?