Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

10 qz

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    1. A website you love? Bleacherreport.com
    thanks for the tip. Looks like a cool site. \m/

first article I disagreed with. the top 50 greatest teams that didnt win it all. they had the 2001 Mariners at 15. That is kinda bullshit. They should have been top 3 if not the #1. I'm okay with the patriots having the top spot, but Mariners should have been #2 at the very least.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/722324-50-greatest-teams-in-sports-history-that-never-won-it-all/page/39
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    1. A website you love? Bleacherreport.com
    thanks for the tip. Looks like a cool site. \m/

first article I disagreed with. the top 50 greatest teams that didnt win it all. they had the 2001 Mariners at 15. That is kinda bullshit. They should have been top 3 if not the #1. I'm okay with the patriots having the top spot, but Mariners should have been #2 at the very least.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/722324-50-greatest-teams-in-sports-history-that-never-won-it-all/page/39
    2001 Mariners were bomb during the regular season but at the end you could tell they didn't have the stuff to win it all. I agree they should have been a top 7 or 8, but still.

I love bleacherreport for some take it easy amateur level sports journalism. I think it's fun reading some opinions, even though 90% of the articles there are lists.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page

2001 Mariners were bomb during the regular season but at the end you could tell they didn't have the stuff to win it all. I agree they should have been a top 7 or 8, but still.
    I'll probably take shit for saying this.... but the 2001 Mariners were unstoppable before 9/11. After MLB took a week (or was it two) off of baseball, when the Mariners came back they were totally flat. Their head was no longer in the game, and the Yankies had everything to play for.

I completely believe that had 9/11 not happened, the Mariners would have won close to 130 games, and the title.

I know... I'm a fanboy. But the numbers are there. And if you watched them play before and after 9/11 it was pretty obvious that I was right. I think that article on bleachreport was written by a east coast writer who wasnt watching those games. I caught every game that season. And went to several as well (I still have their two bobble head promotions too... The Ichiro one is probably worth something)
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    1. A website you love? thejohnreport.net (but you already knew that)
    2. The lowest you have ever seen gas priced? Ever? I think 1.50 - 1.60
    3. Name a celebrity that you look like the most? I honestly have never really thought about that nor have I been told anything. Any ideas?
    4. Greatest moment in life so far? Tough one.......I've had a lot of great memories, can't really point at one in particular.
    5. Your dream concert that is still possible (no dead bands)? Gojira would be opening for Rammstein
    6. Favorite water based activity? Work! (I work at a waterpark)
    7. Favorite article of clothing the opposite sex wears? Skinny jeans (on ones that are of age)
    8. Favorite seafood? Oysters
    9. Worst possible accident caused handicap ever? Blindness probably. I'd rather be in a wheelchair than not be able to see.
    10. ever gone cliff jumping? and were you the first in your group to jump? Haven't ever done it, probably wont ever try.
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    1. A website you love? Metaluprising.com
    2. The lowest you have ever seen gas priced? I don't know.
    3. Name a celebrity that you look like the most? People say I look like Harry Potter, so I guess Daniel Radcliffe.
    4. Greatest moment in life so far? I don't know.
    5. Your dream concert that is still possible (no dead bands)? Tool, Ensiferum, Nightwish.
    6. Favorite water based activity? Jetski.
    7. Favorite article of clothing the opposite sex wears? Nothing.
    8. Favorite seafood? Shrimp.
    9. Worst possible accident caused handicap ever? Arms and legs amputated.
    10. ever gone cliff jumping? and were you the first in your group to jump? I have, but was not first.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    1. A website you love? -this one
    2. The lowest you have ever seen gas priced? Ever? -no clue
    3. Name a celebrity that you look like the most? -according to people Dimebag, or Phil Demmel
    4. Greatest moment in life so far? -idk
    5. Your dream concert that is still possible (no dead bands)? Megadeth, Agalloch, Trivium, Immortal, and Vektor
    6. Favorite water based activity? -um... i suppose swiming
    7. Favorite article of clothing the opposite sex wears? -metal band shirts
    8. Favorite seafood? -all
    9. Worst possible accident caused handicap ever? -going deaf
    10. ever gone cliff jumping? and were you the first in your group to jump? -never did
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    1. A website you love? -thatsnotmetal.com
    2. The lowest you have ever seen gas priced? Ever? - I can't say I remember
    3. Name a celebrity that you look like the most? -People have compared me to Adam Sandler when he had his jewfro
    4. Greatest moment in life so far? - Seeing Rush live
    5. Your dream concert that is still possible (no dead bands)? I'd rather not clog up the page.
    6. Favorite water based activity? - Swimming
    7. Favorite article of clothing the opposite sex wears? -Glasses
    8. Favorite seafood? -Shrimp
    9. Worst possible accident caused handicap ever? -Going deaf would fuckin' blow
    10. ever gone cliff jumping? and were you the first in your group to jump? -I'm too much of a bitch to do something like that.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited June 2011
    1. A website you love? dreammovies.com
    2. The lowest you have ever seen gas priced? i remember it being like 1.89 as a kid
    3. Name a celebrity that you look like the most? ryan goslin i guess
    4. Greatest moment in life so far? wow prolly a concert lol either mayhem 09 or NEHMF 2010
    5. Your dream concert that is still possible (no dead bands)?

Black Sabbath(headline)
    LOG (playing only first two albums and BTP)
    TOOL
    DOWN

sidestage 1
    MACHINE HEAD
    CANNIBAL CORPSE
    HATEBREED
    SKELETONWITCH
    AMON AMARTH
    GOATWHORE

SIDESTAGE 2
    GOJIRA
    MESHUGGAH
    MASTODON
    ELECTRIC WIZARD
    KYUSS
    SOILENT GREEN

6. Favorite water based activity? water parks or swimming in ocean
    7. Favorite article of clothing the opposite sex wears? those tight black legging things LOVE
    8. Favorite seafood? pass
    9. Worst possible accident caused handicap ever? dick biten of by shark?? that count??
    10. ever gone cliff jumping? and were you the first in your group to jump? No and i dont want to but i would sky dive..
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    You wouldn't even have Soilent Green on your lineup?? I always thought they were one of your favorites.
    I love winning with women
    fixed i made two more side stage bands lol
    in all honesty though soilent green was disappointng live because of the crowd response at the show i saw... they played with emmure and hatebreed and i had to be the only dude there to see them... i wish it was a better experience
    I'd probably have to smoke myself stupid for that sidestage.
    if that concert existed i would have a heart attack before it even started lol
    in all honesty though soilent green was disappointng live because of the crowd response at the show i saw... they played with emmure and hatebreed and i had to be the only dude there to see them... i wish it was a better experience
    The Haunted have gotten tons of similar crowd responses over the years. Even to this day, I see clips of them playing live and I spot tons of open spots on the rail and I'm like
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    @Nola: I'd go to your concert. \m/
    imageimage
    edited June 2011
    i dont think i would even be alive by the mainstage after all the moshing id be doing on that one side stage lol
    I'd be there like a motherfucker days before gates opened.
    I'd go to Nola's concert
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'd go to Nola's concert