Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

HEY TIM

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    It's hard to argue music with Shane, youre just not openminded man. You think you know what's best and won't give anything else a chance. DF is one of the best live bands out there right now and they play more complicated shit then almost any band i've seen.
    I have to agree with everything he just said
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Tim if you follow Shane's musical advice you'll be running around in a skirt with makeup on and a sword and shield with a viking helmet fighting noone.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS
    George has very good taste in music. Definitely check out Dying Fetus man \m/
    if dying fetus sounds like noise to me, an experienced metalhead. what do you think its gonna sound like to a metal noob
    I've been listening to metal musci for over 15 years. Dying Fetus is one of the best bands in the metal scene and prolly the best death metal band around. If dying fetus just sounds like noise, you gotz to get your ear checked. I donnot like most death metal, but DF has some stellar guiutar work, they play that shit live perfect too. the mixture of 2 vocalists just adds to the dimenson of their band. and the new drummer is absolutely sick. getting him was the best move the band has made yet.
    2 vocalists is a gimmick, unless one is a dude and the other is a chick. ontop of that the growls are WAY too forced and sound like shit. and musicianly the sound like they are trying to be br00tal just for the sake of being br00tal verging on borderline deathcore. nothing about the guitars stood out to be as inventive or original but then again most death metal is the same cake with different frosting
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    George, what else do you like besides Hardcore and DF? bands and/or genres
    I like whatever is good for me. I don't prefer any specific genre, I listen to all. I just pick out bands and musicians I like and rol with that. I liek and dislike bands from every genre.

if you ask me a specific genre i could tell you what bands i digg...
    what death metal and black metal are you into?
    hahahhahaha ok

2 vocalists is a gimmick, unless one is a dude and the other is a chick. ontop of that the growls are WAY too forced and sound like shit. and musicianly the sound like they are trying to be br00tal just for the sake of being br00tal verging on borderline deathcore. nothing about the guitars stood out to be as inventive or original but then again most death metal is the same cake with different frosting
    2 vocalists is not a gimmick, painting faces and dressing up like its the 1400's is a gimmick. btw each vocalist has an instrument in their hand, they are a 3 piece so its not a gimmick. Gallagher has very deep growls, deeper than I ever heard, and Sean has just like a normal death metal/vocals. its heavy the heavier.

Theyarent trying to be brootal, they are brootal and they are one of the bands who 1st implimented breakdowns into their music, theyre very original. Other newer deathcore bands just took the fact that theres a band with breakdowns and started playing only breakdowns. like brian said DF, Suffocation, The Red Chord do it the right way, they save breakdowns for key moments in their albums and rarely use them unless it fits perfect. nothing about the guitars tood out? how about all day finger tabs from the guitarist and bassist, thriving killer riffs, badd ass solos, bass solos,

cmon man, this band does not suck, youre just trying to be negative and not look at whats good about this music. if this style isnt for you, thats fine, i get it, but they donnot suck and they are one of the more original bands around. theyve been around since the late 80's, people ripped off them, they started the trend.

2 vocalists is not a gimmick, painting faces and dressing up like its the 1400's is a gimmick. btw each vocalist has an instrument in their hand, they are a 3 piece so its not a gimmick. Gallagher has very deep growls, deeper than I ever heard, and Sean has just like a normal death metal/vocals. its heavy the heavier.

Theyarent trying to be brootal, they are brootal and they are one of the bands who 1st implimented breakdowns into their music, theyre very original. Other newer deathcore bands just took the fact that theres a band with breakdowns and started playing only breakdowns. like brian said DF, Suffocation, The Red Chord do it the right way, they save breakdowns for key moments in their albums and rarely use them unless it fits perfect. nothing about the guitars tood out? how about all day finger tabs from the guitarist and bassist, thriving killer riffs, badd ass solos, bass solos,

cmon man, this band does not suck, youre just trying to be negative and not look at whats good about this music. if this style isnt for you, thats fine, i get it, but they donnot suck and they are one of the more original bands around. theyve been around since the late 80's, people ripped off them, they started the trend.
    if i don't like something why would i say its good? that's a contradiction
    Way better than dying fetus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sswXfvj9qRY
    god... give me a pillow and a blanket, imma be asleep for a while listening to this. its not bad, just not for me. thats the difference here. youre calling a great band sucky without even giving them a chance, when a band sucks, i'll give my very strong opinions why and when a band doesnt suck i'll give proof why. we dont all have to like the same shit, but DF just doesnt suck, they are awesome on guitars, heavist vocals around, band has great lyrics, and the drummer is spectacular. they make great music.

if i don't like something why would i say its good? that's a contradiction
    i understand if you dont like something, it just doesnt suck. i dont like in flames, but i will admit, they do not suck.
    edited March 2011
    Johan Hegg is what heavy is supposed to sound like. not incomprehensible forced garbage
    what death metal and black metal are you into?
    give me a day, i'll compose a list
    Johan Hegg is what heavy is supposed to sound like. not incomprehensible forced garbage
    youre just close minded man, its may not be your style, but its good music. I guarentee if you went to a DF show and watched their guitar work and heard how deep those voacls were live, you'd have a different opinion.
    edited March 2011
    i'm closed minded because i won't say something i don't like is good?
    yes, even ifd you dont like the style of music they play, you should to admit they are very talented and own each of their instruments almost perfectly. most of your complaints were about the vocals, i can understand that, some people just dont like heavy vocals, thats cool. but they are great on their instruments.
    i would be a hypocrite if i did that
    so you are saying they suck at playing instruments?
    i couldnt find a vid of them recording, but heres a cover, and they play this shit live perfectly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxD0pyc9_lI
    yes and no.

they can play them decent as most any guitarist can, but what they are choosing to play on them sucks
    please watch that whole guitar video shane...