Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Anyone Here Play Instruments?

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    People never seem to get Master Of Puppets covers right because they leave out the keyboard part, but I can easily see why because I can't find sheet music for it.
    we dont have that part either lol... and only use one guitar
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    People never seem to get Master Of Puppets covers right because they leave out the keyboard part, but I can easily see why because I can't find sheet music for it.
    we dont have that part either lol... and only use one guitar
    It is hard to hear which is why people forget it, but I notice it every time I hear it now, just like Fade To Black which has a full on keyboard track through the whole song.
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    SG Standard
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

also have a black ESP Eclipse II that's not around right now.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    What instrument do you play? How long have you been playing? who is your favorite player(s)(of your instrument)? Are you in a band? What brand of drums/guitar do you play?
    Drums
    shit, well over 8 years. Haven't been drumming in awhile :( that will change though >:O
    Danny mother fucking Carey. He is my all time favorite drummer and will never change. Met him couple times to :3 my sister is friends with his cousin and he knows I am a big fan, so when they roll into town I get to go backstage and meet most him and whoever else is hanging around :333333 next would be Brann Dailor <3 and Abe Cunningham.
    Not in a band. Haven't been in one in awhile. Maybe I should change that :-?
    Was a Groove Percussion but that is retired. Was trying to get a Spaun but they don't sell them here >_< So I am going to special order those or go for the Pearl again.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    i have a guitar.... but i rarely touch the thing.

i do know a few songs though. The cool ones like Raining blood, the trooper, and mary had a little lamb. (etc)
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Idk if this sounds cool to anyone but my band (including me) is writing stuff to be a death thrash metal band....death and thrash are my two favorite genres which is kinda cool that we're playing a mixture of both...at least I think it is
    very cool. lol \m/
    basically what we do too. thrash music with death vocal.
    we're doing something sort of similar to that. We have death vocals on all songs. The songs I write are more death-like but I mix some thrash in there but the other guitarist writes really thrashy riffs which blow my freaking mind. I think the final product of our album is going to sound very cool. Not to sound pretentious or anything but I feel good when I can get into my music as much as I can a band like Death Angel or Suffocation, etc.
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    I like a lot of drummers

Danny Carey
    Blake Richardson
    John Bonham
    Bann Dailor
    Tim Yeung
    John Dolmayan
    Navene Koperweis
    Jason Costa
    Tomas Haake
    John Boecklin
    Shannon Larkin
    Shannon Lucas
    Neil Peart
    Brad Wilk
    Keith Moon
    Stewart Copeland
    Dominic Howard
    inb4lists
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    i have a guitar.... but i rarely touch the thing.

i do know a few songs though. The cool ones like Raining blood, the trooper, and mary had a little lamb. (etc)
    Meh lol
    inb4lists
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    edited March 2011
    needs m0ar Gavin Harrison
  • I play bass
    been playin for almost 6 years now and took lessons for 3
    CLIFF MUTHERFUCKING BURTON IS THE GREATEST \m/
    i play fenders and i dont use a pick

Im in THE DRACONIAN CRUSADE with metalcrusades and its heavy and fast as hell thrash
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I've played guitar for 6 years.

I'm currently writing and recording music for my band, Knowledge Is Sin. I'm doing guitar and vocals (I've done vocals for about 3 years)
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • I've played guitar for 6 years.

I'm currently writing and recording music for my band, Knowledge Is Sin. I'm doing guitar and vocals (I've done vocals for about 3 years)
    that band name sounds familiar. where are you from?

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Lombard.....you Schaumburg fuck

We haven't played any shows yet (only have 2 songs). Crusades and I already said that we will play together this summer.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    If all these bands really pick up (hoping they all will for anyone that want a band as their job) we should all do a tour together

The Draconian Crusade
    Decimate
    Knowledge is Sin
    Gulch of Rot

Who else has a band?
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Been playing for 5-6 years.
    but i stopped playing somewhere in between cuz of stuff n had to relearn everything.

Ibanez GRX20 Pictures, Images and Photos

Razorback db floyd Pictures, Images and Photos

i have an acoustic as well.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Idk if this sounds cool to anyone but my band (including me) is writing stuff to be a death thrash metal band....death and thrash are my two favorite genres which is kinda cool that we're playing a mixture of both...at least I think it is
    very cool. lol \m/
    basically what we do too. thrash music with death vocal.
    we're doing something sort of similar to that. We have death vocals on all songs. The songs I write are more death-like but I mix some thrash in there but the other guitarist writes really thrashy riffs which blow my freaking mind. I think the final product of our album is going to sound very cool. Not to sound pretentious or anything but I feel good when I can get into my music as much as I can a band like Death Angel or Suffocation, etc.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQO2StKllg0 Legion of the Damned... death/thrash at its finest

but i stopped playing somewhere in between cuz of stuff n had to relearn everything.

same electric but w/o the floyd rose

If all these bands really pick up (hoping they all will for anyone that want a band as their job) we should all do a tour together

The Draconian Crusade
    Decimate
    Knowledge is Sin
    Gulch of Rot

Who else has a band?
    i'd be down for this!! \m/
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Guitar
    5-6 years
    Favorite are Matt and Corey from Trivium had an honor of meeting both of them two years ago
    I use ESP guitars
    Currently in a pop/metal/punk act and see where it takes me

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer

same electric but w/o the floyd rose

Yeah i have that one too.
    i didnt see the floyd rose in the pic.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket