Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Anyone Here Play Instruments?

14567810»

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    i've been teaching my son more than anything lately. this past christmas i bought him a guitar, drum, drum machine, recorder, tamborine, 2 different keyboards and a little microphone/amp combo. he turned 2 a couple of weeks ago, and he likes to improvise his own songs, which he plays guitar and sings simultaneously. it's pretty sveet.
    That is one lucky kid.

he'sa be a rocker!

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    i've been teaching my son more than anything lately. this past christmas i bought him a guitar, drum, drum machine, recorder, tamborine, 2 different keyboards and a little microphone/amp combo. he turned 2 a couple of weeks ago, and he likes to improvise his own songs, which he plays guitar and sings simultaneously. it's pretty sveet.
    That is one lucky kid.

he'sa be a rocker!

i've been looking for people trying to unload pianos on craigslist. i'll probably have the $ for that around christmas. my girlfriend is a trained soprano and reads music as well. he's on his way
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    haven't really played guitar in awhile....been busy. i need to get back on it
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I tried starting an Avant-Garde band.

It is so damn hard to find people talented enough to play in artistically fueled band.
    Judging by how pretentious you sound, the band wouldn't have gone too well.
    wow. that's rude. if i were to start a band with anyone on this site, i'd start with him, slap and facefuck just because they seem ambitious.
    Aw shucks :">
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited August 2011
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo

It is so damn hard to find people talented enough to play in artistically fueled band.
    wow. that's rude. if i were to start a band with anyone on this site, i'd start with him, slap and facefuck just because they seem ambitious.
    I guess rude, but I don't like when people talk about their music like it's fine art. Sure, it could be, but you sound like a jerk.
    I also don't like when people describe themselves as artists.
    he's right about trying to start avant-garde bands though. everyone just wants to play an established genre. that's boring when you want something more. when i hear bands like primus or mr. bungle, i wonder how the fuck they found each other.

Well, my guess would be that their styles grew to be what they were rather than them choosing a style and shooting for it. Because you're right, it is boring especially when your goal is to play an established genre like, "oh let's be a lot more thrashy!" rather than just writing what you think sounds really good.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy

I guess rude, but I don't like when people talk about their music like it's fine art. Sure, it could be, but you sound like a jerk.
    he's right about trying to start avant-garde bands though. everyone just wants to play an established genre. that's boring when you want something more. when i hear bands like primus or mr. bungle, i wonder how the fuck they found each other.

Well, my guess would be that their styles grew to be what they were rather than them choosing a style and shooting for it. Because you're right, it is boring especially when your goal is to play an established genre like, "oh let's be a lot more thrashy!" rather than just writing what you think sounds really good.
    which is what most musicians do, unfortunately
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo

which is what most musicians do, unfortunately
    Yeah, the quote I gave for an example was actually taken directly from arguments that went on in my old band haha.