Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If that nuclear plant in japan explodes with a nuclear blast the west coast of NA is fucked.

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Wow this was pretty sad and I'm sure it will make Bianca cry.

It's a universal truth that dogs are man's best friend, but they're pretty darn loyal to their own as well. Case in point: this tear-inducing video, via the website Jezebel, showing a dog, shivering and disoriented, remaining loyally by the side of a stricken fellow canine amid the devastation of the Japanese tsunami.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3TM9GL2iLI&feature=player_embedded

Here is an English translation of the voiceover exchange between the two reporters in the clip (translation courtesy of Toshiyuki Kitamura):

We are in Arahama area. Looks like there is a dog. There is a dog. He looks tired and dirty. He must have been caught in the tsunami. He looks very dirty.

He has a collar. He must be someone's pet. He has a silver collar. He is shaking. He seems very afraid.

Oh, there is another dog. I wonder if he is dead.

Where?

Right there. There is another dog right next to the one sitting down. He is not moving. I wonder. I wonder if he is alright.

The dog is protecting him.

Yes. He is protecting the dog. That is why he did not want us to approach them. He was trying to keep us at bay.

I can't watch this. This is a very difficult to watch.

Oh. Look. He is moving. He is alive. I am so happy to see that he is alive.

Yes! Yes! He is alive.

He looks to be weakened. We need to them to be rescued soon. We really want them rescued soon.

Oh good. He's getting up.

It is amazing how they survived the tremendous earthquake and tsunami. It's just amazing that they survived through this all.

Good news though :D

CNN and the UK Telegraph have both reported that the dogs have been rescued since the footage aired, and are both receiving veterinary care; the more seriously wounded dog is at a clinic in the city of Mito, while the protective spaniel-type dog is receiving care at a shelter in the same town.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    oh goodness
    THANK YOU IMAGINARY MAN IN THE SKY!
    imageimage
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ok well....SAVE THE POKEMON!!
  • 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    Apparently, crews have 24-48 hours to contain the reactors or they could be faced with a very deadly full scale meltdown. Number 5 reactor spent fuel pool has water loss and rising pressure within the building. Another explosion could be coming.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I'm just wondering...why are there so many on Japan when that's not a very smart place to put em?
    imageimage
    well no one knew that this was going to happen
    imageimage
    They have frequent earthquakes and are in a bad spot...it was only a matter of time until a large quake hit imo
    imageimage
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Apparently, crews have 24-48 hours to contain the reactors or they could be faced with a very deadly full scale meltdown. Number 5 reactor spent fuel pool has water loss and rising pressure within the building. Another explosion could be coming.
    japan is so fucked
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    The tsunami is what caused most of the damage. <_>
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I'm just wondering...why are there so many on Japan when that's not a very smart place to put em?
    Because Asians are smart and they know how to handle such situations. If Americans lived in Japan, we'd have no chance.

/overly logical logic
    I love winning with women
    I said earlier that Japan is on the ring of fire and it should have been common sense to not put nuclear reactors there.
    its not the fact that there's reactors there that are the problem. The problem is these types of water cooled reactors are outdated and prone to failure
    Exactly..which was caused by a huge earthquake. Don't put reactors on an island that sits on a fault line <_>
    imageimage
    and i say again
    WE
    NEED
    TO
    GET
    THE
    ANIMALS
    OUT
    OF
    THERE
    imageimage
    I said earlier that Japan is on the ring of fire and it should have been common sense to not put nuclear reactors there.
    its not the fact that there's reactors there that are the problem. The problem is these types of water cooled reactors are outdated and prone to failure
    With all their advances in technology...they leave important things outdated
    imageimage
    and i say again
    WE
    NEED
    TO
    GET
    THE
    ANIMALS
    OUT
    OF
    THERE
    They're trying
    imageimage
    edited March 2011
    Exactly..which was caused by a huge earthquake. Don't put reactors on an island that sits on a fault line <_>
    If a storm causes a tornado which in turn wrecks a town, it's not the peoples fault that they built it in that area.
    Japan is just fucked. sucks cause I wanted to visit there eventually =/
    i think tokyo is fine though
    imageimage
    edited March 2011
    if that reactor explodes and goes into full meltdown, nowhere in japan is gonna be safe from radiation.

if the fuel rods breach containment they will burn about 100 feet into the ground and contaminate the aquifer.
    Japan is just fucked. sucks cause I wanted to visit there eventually =/
    Gonna suck when Japan has no life on it anymore cuz of the nuclear bs =/
    If a storm causes a tornado which in turn wrecks a town, it's not the peoples fault that they built it in that area.

You built a town in tornado alley...you should know what consequences of that would have. Same with building nuclear reactors on an island that sits on a fault line. But a town being destroyed isn't going to cause radiation problems or a possible fallout so what you said is different
    imageimage
    If a storm causes a tornado which in turn wrecks a town, it's not the peoples fault that they build it in that area.
    that's completely different. we're talking about the ring of fire where it is more than well known that big earthquakes can and will occur.
    obviously not a smart place for something so unstable. use common sense please. I don't want to actually argue about this...
    I agree with what you say about the danger zone.
    Japan is used to earthquakes, mostly everything is built to sustain a hit.
    But the tsunami was just something that happened.