Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Everyone in this thread sucks cock.

Comments

• That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    edited March 2011
    I don't know, they way I see it is it gets rid of all the bad people in the world. But I see your point. All I can hope is that you see mine, and we can just agree to disagree.
    Look, I don't think you're an idiot, I;m just trying to tell you that you're not thinking about it nearly as much as you should be.

I also cannot simply "agree to disagree" to this issue because that would infer that "eye for an eye" at least a somewhat valid form of punishment in an industrialized society when that couldn't be further from the truth.
    So do you think there's absolutely no need for capitol punishment?
    You're jumping to something completely different.

Not exactly. If you think "eye for an eye" is childish, then you'd see no reason for capitol punishment. Just answer the question, please.

Having a government order someone to be stabbed for stabbing someone else is indeed different than death by lethal injection for someone who has committed a capital murder.

I would rather not get into the capital punishment issue just because it completely changes the subject, but I'll answer it anyway:

I am against the use of the death penalty for various reasons. For one I don't believe we should be killing people for whatever crime they commit, second it costs more in the long run to put someone to death, and not to mention it actually ends up being a more viable alternative to life in prison for many death row inmates.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I don't know, they way I see it is it gets rid of all the bad people in the world. But I see your point. All I can hope is that you see mine, and we can just agree to disagree.
    Look, I don't think you're an idiot, I;m just trying to tell you that you're not thinking about it nearly as much as you should be.

I also cannot simply "agree to disagree" to this issue because that would infer that "eye for an eye" at least a somewhat valid form of punishment in an industrialized society when that couldn't be further from the truth.
    So do you think there's absolutely no need for capitol punishment?
    You're jumping to something completely different.
    Not exactly. If you think "eye for an eye" is childish, then you'd see no reason for capitol punishment. Just answer the question, please.
    The planet will get rid of us...so I don't see why people should care so much about it
    imageimage
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    Because it shows people the consequences of killing people, which would hopefully put an end to killing.
    But it doesn't. We're human, not animals. We're above killing others. Capital punishment IS murder. And it's also cheaper to house inmates than use the death penalty, if you're concerned about that, too.

Look at it this way, if these people were right in the head and mentally stable, do you really think they would be killing people in the first place? We need to try and find out why people do these things in the first place. We can't learn anything and give other an example of how to behave correctly if you keep killing people to get back at them.
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGE AND MARIJUANA REFORM!!
    SUPPORT THE RIGHT TO ARM BEARS!!
    Technically we are animals though...we're a species and I'm sure a lot of us are going to get wiped out soon because there is waaaaaaaaaayy too many of us on the planet
    imageimage
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    imageimage
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Because it shows people the consequences of killing people, which would hopefully put an end to killing.
    Look at it this way, if these people were right in the head and mentally stable, do you really think they would be killing people in the first place?
    i agree with this. plus i think life in prison is much worse then death.

"That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Technically we are animals though...we're a species and I'm sure a lot of us are going to get wiped out soon because there is waaaaaaaaaayy too many of us on the planet
    Way to be upbeat, lol.
    HELL YES!!! :-)) :-)) :-))
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    I know we're technically animals. But we have reasoning abilities. :3

Why do you think we're going to be wiped out? We'll just move to another planet when ours goes to shit (even more), lol.

Why do you think we're going to be wiped out? We'll just move to another planet when ours goes to shit (even more), lol.
    nahhhh, we'll just give it back to the indians and let them clean it up :-)) :-)) :-))
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    We'll be long gone before our species gets wiped out...
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    nahhhh, we'll just give it back to the indians and let them clean it up :-)) :-)) :-))
    I has a sad. D:
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    You two make good points, but I just don't find it just to give bad people an easy life and have good people pay for the bad people to live. I didn't know it cost more to use the daeth penalty, so I don't really know what to think. I always go through these little misanthropic mood swings whenever I read or watch something like what OP posted, so whatever. I'm done.

Well, the Dino's became extinct lol. But if we aren't wiped out then our population will be cut down severly. We're technically killing the planet and it'll fix itself.
    Way to be upbeat, lol.
    Lol, I'm just a rainbow right?
    imageimage
    You two make good points, but I just don't find it just to give bad people an easy life and have good people pay for the bad people to live. I didn't know it cost more to use the daeth penalty, so I don't really know what to think. I always go through these little misanthropic mood swings whenever I read or watch something like what OP posted, so whatever. I'm done.
    Dude, don't worry, I've totally been there with all my people hating ways, lol. Enjoyed the discussion, though! :3

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Dude, don't worry, I've totally been there with all my people hating ways, lol. Enjoyed the discussion, though! :3

Aight, we cool. >:D<
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    theres been capitol punishment for years, and it used to be alot more viscious and cruel than just sticking a needle in someones arm. people are gonna kill eachother as long as life goes on. it will never stop no matter what the punishment is.
    Hugs all around! >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<