Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Children Of Bodom And The Human Abstract leak

Comments

• katiakatia Posts: 4,358 just the tip
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I like the album my favorite cob album is hcdr
    but this album is way better then bloddrunk and are you dead yet.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited March 2011
    I'd probably rank the albums: 1. Follow the Reaper 2. Hatebreeder 3. Hate Crew Deathroll 4. Something Wild 5. Are You Dead Yet? 6. Blooddrunk

any given day I might switch 1 with 2, or 3 with 4, or 5 with 6. but almost always 1,2>3,4>5,6.

I havent dl the new one yet. Ill get around to it.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Follow The Reaper is my favorite too.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    I'm totally alone on this one, but my favorite COB album was actually Are You Dead Yet?. Go ahead. Shoot me.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    The only reason why I often list FTR above Hatebreeder, is because I think FTR flows better. Both albums have some of their better work though.

Was Are you dead yet the first album of theirs you listened too or got into? that would explain that ;)
    I'm hoping the Children of Bodom/Devin Townsend summer tour rumor is true. [-O<
  • JeffJeff Posts: 1,164 just the tip
    I'm totally alone on this one, but my favorite COB album was actually Are You Dead Yet?. Go ahead. Shoot me.

I like it. First song I heard by bodom was Are You Dead Yet? when I was a freshman I think
    Speaking of Townsend... What the fuck happened to his follow up album to Ziltoid - "Z2"???? Seriously... I want more Ziltoid!
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    Follow the Reaper > HCDR
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    So....any opinions on the new Bodom?

fucking great. it destroys Blooddrunk, and is better than HCDR, imo....
    agreed. To me its their best album since HCDR. This one actually feels fresh

• TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    Follow the Reaper > HCDR
    {Upload|3702}
    I'm hoping the Children of Bodom/Devin Townsend summer tour rumor is true. [-O<
    where'd you read/here that? that would make my fucking year....

It was posted on a blog a while back. Nothing since then but Bodom has yet to schedule anything this summer besides a five-date Japan tour.
    those two are a weird matchup for a tour, but I would drive a long way to see it....
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    so if you guys were to say get a new haircut......would you steal it first to see if you like it? Want to try a new food? Steal it. If you like it then buy more. Stealing this music hurts the artist, so you are obviously not fans.
    Sorry. Your logic is flawed.

For starters "theft" involves quantifiable deprivation. Someone takes it, and the other person doesn't have it anymore. Copying is not theft, because it involves no quantifiable deprivation. And *no*, the money they may have gotten had a pirate paid for a CD does not constitute quantifiable deprivation. Now, that's not to say that it is in any way morally correct, just that it's not theft. But the distinction is important, and the content business knows that, which is why they expend so much effort trying to conflate the two, and it's a load of BS. It's been a long campaign to twist our understanding of the concept of 'intellectual property' to the point that we consider it to be the same as physical property, which it most assuredly is not.

Secondly, stealing the music does not hurt the artist. The number of people that copy the music, does not equal loss of sales. In fact the number of pirates that may have bought that content is very low and in the noise. Frankly, most people don't pirate. and the ones that do most often turn into the loudest proponent of that content, selling more albums for the band via word of mouth advertising.

Finally, most artist see very little of an actual CD sale. Want to support a band? Steal their albums and go to their concerts and buy their shirts. Go ahead and talk to most metal artist about this topic... My guess is most artist understand the benefits of Piracy. Sure some dinosaurs havent embraced the future, but most have.
    I'm late, but this.
    finally got the dl and will be listening today...

My hopes arent high though.... There is something about this band that brings the suck, except I dont know what that is. Musically they are awesome, and they arent gimmicky (at least not too much).... I think it might just be the mall rats that I see wearing their gear every now and then. I hate those kids.
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Got my signed, pre-ordered copy in the mail yesterday.
    Will be listening today.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    4 songs through I'm liking what i'm hearing. The first 2 songs are already better than anything off of Blooddrunk and I'm not dead yet.