Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Comments

• TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    Fuckin' sweet man. Only shitty thing is that my school blocked that website so I have to wait and download it at home. Let me know how the new THA is.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    I will take both, sir.

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Stealing now.
    I love winning with women
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    hopefully it is better then blooddrunk.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    this and thanks Adam
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I am about to listen to the new COB tonight can't wait.
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    this and thanks Adam
    same
    You know what my favorite Children of Bodom riff is... And I'm fairly certain this is all Janne Wirman who is probably the most talented member of that band. Anyways it is in the song "Children Of Bodom" on Hatebreeder. You have to skip to 3:45 in the song. It is between 3:47 and 4:20. That section of that song is probably the best thing they ever composed. love it.
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    I'll just buy it rather than steal it.
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    stealing it now.....thanks mang....
    I'll just buy it rather than steal it.
    I never buy any album that I don't steal first. case in point - Blooddrunk. Very happy I didnt waste my money at that album. I bought Hatebreeder, Follow the Reaper, and Hate Crew Deathroll. I have no desire to waste my money on BloodDrunk or Are You Dead Yet. Both are pretty shitty albums... I don't mind listening to a few songs from each but on the whole it was a major disappointment.

• TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    ^ same here....
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Meh, not getting either.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I have to download an album before i buy it to know if its worth it.
    I don't have to steal it first. I know whether or not I'll like something before I buy it because I reasearch it first. To each his own.
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    Thanks, champ.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    so if you guys were to say get a new haircut......would you steal it first to see if you like it?

Want to try a new food? Steal it. If you like it then buy more.

Stealing this music hurts the artist, so you are obviously not fans.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    so if you guys were to say get a new haircut......would you steal it first to see if you like it?

Not a big fan

• MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin

Not a big fan
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    edited March 2011
    so if you guys were to say get a new haircut......would you steal it first to see if you like it? Want to try a new food? Steal it. If you like it then buy more. Stealing this music hurts the artist, so you are obviously not fans.
    Sorry. Your logic is flawed.

For starters "theft" involves quantifiable deprivation. Someone takes it, and the other person doesn't have it anymore. Copying is not theft, because it involves no quantifiable deprivation. And *no*, the money they may have gotten had a pirate paid for a CD does not constitute quantifiable deprivation. Now, that's not to say that it is in any way morally correct, just that it's not theft. But the distinction is important, and the content business knows that, which is why they expend so much effort trying to conflate the two, and it's a load of BS. It's been a long campaign to twist our understanding of the concept of 'intellectual property' to the point that we consider it to be the same as physical property, which it most assuredly is not.

Secondly, stealing the music does not hurt the artist. The number of people that copy the music, does not equal loss of sales. In fact the number of pirates that may have bought that content is very low and in the noise. Frankly, most people don't pirate. and the ones that do most often turn into the loudest proponent of that content, selling more albums for the band via word of mouth advertising.

Finally, most artist see very little of an actual CD sale. Want to support a band? Steal their albums and go to their concerts and buy their shirts. Go ahead and talk to most metal artist about this topic... My guess is most artist understand the benefits of Piracy. Sure some dinosaurs havent embraced the future, but most have.