Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Children Of Bodom And The Human Abstract leak

Comments

• ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    To be honest, the only album I'm looking forward to being leaked in the next couple of weeks is the Discovery.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I really hope we see Control Denied - When Man and Machine Collide soon. \m/
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Stealing now.
    YOU WOULDNT DOWNLOAD A PIZZA WOULD YOU?!?!?!

Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Dino Deal With It. Pictures, Images and Photos
    I love winning with women
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Male Bianca, stop it............stop it
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    {Upload|3495}
    I love winning with women
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    so if you guys were to say get a new haircut......would you steal it first to see if you like it? Want to try a new food? Steal it. If you like it then buy more. Stealing this music hurts the artist, so you are obviously not fans.
    Sorry. Your logic is flawed.

For starters "theft" involves quantifiable deprivation. Someone takes it, and the other person doesn't have it anymore. Copying is not theft, because it involves no quantifiable deprivation. And *no*, the money they may have gotten had a pirate paid for a CD does not constitute quantifiable deprivation. Now, that's not to say that it is in any way morally correct, just that it's not theft. But the distinction is important, and the content business knows that, which is why they expend so much effort trying to conflate the two, and it's a load of BS. It's been a long campaign to twist our understanding of the concept of 'intellectual property' to the point that we consider it to be the same as physical property, which it most assuredly is not.

Secondly, stealing the music does not hurt the artist. The number of people that copy the music, does not equal loss of sales. In fact the number of pirates that may have bought that content is very low and in the noise. Frankly, most people don't pirate. and the ones that do most often turn into the loudest proponent of that content, selling more albums for the band via word of mouth advertising.

Finally, most artist see very little of an actual CD sale. Want to support a band? Steal their albums and go to their concerts and buy their shirts. Go ahead and talk to most metal artist about this topic... My guess is most artist understand the benefits of Piracy. Sure some dinosaurs havent embraced the future, but most have.
    This
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    So....any opinions on the new Bodom?
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    so if you guys were to say get a new haircut......would you steal it first to see if you like it? Want to try a new food? Steal it. If you like it then buy more. Stealing this music hurts the artist, so you are obviously not fans.

For starters "theft" involves quantifiable deprivation. Someone takes it, and the other person doesn't have it anymore. Copying is not theft, because it involves no quantifiable deprivation. And *no*, the money they may have gotten had a pirate paid for a CD does not constitute quantifiable deprivation. Now, that's not to say that it is in any way morally correct, just that it's not theft. But the distinction is important, and the content business knows that, which is why they expend so much effort trying to conflate the two, and it's a load of BS. It's been a long campaign to twist our understanding of the concept of 'intellectual property' to the point that we consider it to be the same as physical property, which it most assuredly is not.

Secondly, stealing the music does not hurt the artist. The number of people that copy the music, does not equal loss of sales. In fact the number of pirates that may have bought that content is very low and in the noise. Frankly, most people don't pirate. and the ones that do most often turn into the loudest proponent of that content, selling more albums for the band via word of mouth advertising.

Finally, most artist see very little of an actual CD sale. Want to support a band? Steal their albums and go to their concerts and buy their shirts. Go ahead and talk to most metal artist about this topic... My guess is most artist understand the benefits of Piracy. Sure some dinosaurs havent embraced the future, but most have.
    annnnnd PWND
    imageimage
    Dino Deal With It. Pictures, Images and Photos
    lol. its a dinosaur embracing the future.

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo

This

First of all "copying" and distributing, either in a hard copy or via the internet, any material that is not your own or that you have rights and permissions to, is illegal. Any way you have to slice it so that it's easier for you to digest is fine with me. It's still stealing. If the artist had intended for you to have it for free he would have given it to you.

Second, how many of you students, teenagers, and only recently employable youngsters help an artist by buying a t-shirt that the venue gets a piece of, the tax man gets a piece of, the management group gets a piece of, and whatever the poor sap stuck in the merch booth either gives away or steals, before the artist makes 3 to 5 bucks? I have spent a majority of my adult life touring with various people. Recently I had the privilege of spending two days with Daath and spoke with Eyal alot on this very topic. It takes the whole package of buying the CD, the shirts, the tickets, etc. just so the band can pay for what they are doing. The profitable bands are those that find out how to get that package into your hands first.

Just my opinion, but it's still stealing.

First of all "copying" and distributing, either in a hard copy or via the internet, any material that is not your own or that you have rights and permissions to, is illegal. Any way you have to slice it so that it's easier for you to digest is fine with me. It's still stealing. If the artist had intended for you to have it for free he would have given it to you.

Second, how many of you students, teenagers, and only recently employable youngsters help an artist by buying a t-shirt that the venue gets a piece of, the tax man gets a piece of, the management group gets a piece of, and whatever the poor sap stuck in the merch booth either gives away or steals, before the artist makes 3 to 5 bucks? I have spent a majority of my adult life touring with various people. Recently I had the privilege of spending two days with Daath and spoke with Eyal alot on this very topic. It takes the whole package of buying the CD, the shirts, the tickets, etc. just so the band can pay for what they are doing. The profitable bands are those that find out how to get that package into your hands first.

Just my opinion, but it's still stealing.

But you opinion is wrong. By the very definition of "stealing", it is not that because there has been no quantifiable deprivation. Now I absolutely agree with you that it is to some degree morally wrong, and it absolutely illegal, however you shouldn't be so quick to eat up the RIAA's redefinition of the term "intellectual property". I'm totally fine with you saying it is wrong, but I will always take issue when someone seriously calls it stealing, or equates it to stealing a car. It is not the same.

I really don't want to comment more on this because I feel saying more takes away from what I said above. This really is an important distinction.
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    There is no distinction. It's black or white. No grey areas for me. It's stealing. Go to the next show and tell the artist you downloaded his CD and see what reaction you get.

I agree to disagree.
    :)>-
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm downloading it now, and have no intentions of buying it, even if it's the greatest album i've ever heard.
    There is no distinction. It's black or white. No grey areas for me. It's stealing. Go to the next show and tell the artist you downloaded his CD and see what reaction you get.

I agree to disagree.
    :)>-

I have! Many times.... and the artist has never taken issues with me. I told Randy Blythe I got into his band after I illegally downloaded NAG, but had since bought all his albums. I told him that without piracy I probably wouldnt like his band. He had no issues with that.

I had a long conversation with Joe Duplantier about piracy as well. I told him that he needed to release Terra Incognita in the USA because I had no intention in spending 50 bucks for an import. I flat out told him that I got into his band due to piracy but that I had bought all his albums except for Terra because it was not released. He was fucking cool. After we talked for like 10 minutes he pulled out a pick and said it was the one he was playing with that night and handed it to me.

Yeah, some artist dont realize how famous they get from piracy, but some do.

we can agree to disagree, but coping cd's in not theft. Illegal yes. Morally wrong, probably. But it is not the same as stealing a car.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Goddammit I want to see Gojira..... :(
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    edited March 2011
    Corey taylor said when i saw stone sour he didn't care
    how fans got that album and most bands don't give a fuck if you download.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I don't "steal" music because the quality usually lacks
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I don't "steal" music because the quality usually lacks
    Tha album is 320 kbs and the cob is 192 kbs.
    Goddammit I want to see Gojira..... :(
    Gojira is fucking awesome in concert. And Joe is literally one of the coolest rockstars I've ever met. He has a lot of the same qualities as Chuck Schuldiner... Just really down to earth, and so into his music, and really just a nice dude.