Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Kevin Lyman says 5FDP is "...are a year or two away from being a headliner."

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    i'm surprised. he'd probably like it
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    The asshurt in this thread is astronomical. y'all just mad that 5FDP is the next big thing and they rightfully deserve to be.
    nah. war is the answer sucked dick imo.
    5FDP has sold almost a Million albums in the age of downloads. The numbers prove you wrong,.

Popularity does not equal good music. I thought that would be evident seeing as the most popular music is Kesha and gaga and other rap/hip hop shit

Things gain popularity because more people like them. If the majority of people didn't consider it good music than they wouldn't be as popular. Just busted your whole argument.
    not really shane. by your logic, nickelback, lil wayne, and fall out boy make good musc.
    They technically do. Not by our opinion, but the rest of the people who love them
    If Nickleback didn't make good music they wouldn't fill amphitheaters when they tour
    oh ok. i understand now. so all folk metal bands suck because they can only fill up clubs, right?
    According to almost everyone in the world, yes. They would say that's horrible noise that doesn't make sense
    Dawn understands where i'm going with this. +10 Internets to yooz
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    whats funny is that i got into FFDP because of what people told me about them on the old boardz...now the hate. People, make up your friggin minds, love or hate them
    I DO like them....they have been hijacked by the industry, and were better when they were a lesser known band...not that they shouldn't chase success....It just seems like they are being forced on us as the "new best thing".....They imo are not headline material.....many great metal bands aren't/weren't giant summer festival headliner material when they were this new....maybe Lyman is right though, that in two years they will be....It will take a monstrously successlful third release to push them into a spot filled by bands like slipknot and disturbed....

you do have to admit they are the only band in recent years that is even capable of hitting the level that bands like Disturbed and Slipknot are at.
    This. Mainstream metal needs a breath of fresh air.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Too much quoting
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Too much quoting
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    i seewut u did there
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I first heard of five finger death punch thanks to the original forum too. Everyone told me they were good and I would like them so I listen to them. Listened to the entire cd and was incredibly bored. I thought this is mediocre at best. Then I tell everyone what I thought. That follows with " well they are awesome live see them live it will change your mind" so I watch them at mayhem and felt the same exact way. I don't get it with this band, why do so many people like them the cheesy lyrics and mediocre music doesn't appeal to me at all. To each his own I guess but I feel this is bad for the music community having them move up. It's like we forgot what good hard rock and metal is.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    It's like we forgot what good hard rock and metal is.
    Crappy famous bands have always existed...
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    I thought I had a great example, but I instantly drew a blank, I feel dumb.
    Def Leppard
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Def Leppard
    Their first album is great, heavier then a lot of what followed them, they never really struck me as bad until the 90s.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    yea def leppard blows dick. i
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    yes that's a skirt.
    but in the video it's a kilt, notice the little satchel thingy in front.

sporan...

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Fuck yall, I like Def Leppard live.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    edited February 2011
    So you are saying its true?

Post edited by JLRedWing13 on
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    So you are saying its true?

not once during that argument did i input my personal opinion. i was going by straight numbers.