Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Kevin Lyman says 5FDP is "...are a year or two away from being a headliner."

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    The asshurt in this thread is astronomical. y'all just mad that 5FDP is the next big thing and they rightfully deserve to be.
    nah. war is the answer sucked dick imo.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    The asshurt in this thread is astronomical. y'all just mad that 5FDP is the next big thing and they rightfully deserve to be.
    5FDP has sold almost a Million albums in the age of downloads. The numbers prove you wrong,.

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    5FDP has sold almost a Million albums in the age of downloads. The numbers prove you wrong,.

Popularity does not equal good music. I thought that would be evident seeing as the most popular music is Kesha and gaga and other rap/hip hop shit

Popularity does not equal good music. I thought that would be evident seeing as the most popular music is Kesha and gaga and other rap/hip hop shit

Things gain popularity because more people like them. If the majority of people didn't consider it good music than they wouldn't be as popular. Just busted your whole argument.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    FFDP are the next disturbed get used to them motherfuckas they aren't going away any time soon.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Things gain popularity because the population as a whole are comprised of sheep, and it is safer and easier for them to only consume what is spoon fed to them. In this case they are consuming the perfect blend of dumbed down, safe, and generic "metal", to make them feel as though they are being "metal head rebels", when in fact they are really no different then the fans of the manufactured pop artists (ie: Kesha, Katy Perry, Gaga).
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    FFDP are the next disturbed get used to them motherfuckas they aren't going away any time soon.
    Unfortunate troof is unfortunate
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    The next album will probally sound like nickelback haha.
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    What would be some good future Mayhem bands?
    Mudvayne, Static-X, Alice In Chains, As I Lay Dying, Lacuna Coil....list goes on and on. All of them haven't played and they should all be looked at before Mayhem considers bringing a band back for a third time. And that's not even mentioning Iron Maiden or Judas Priest.
    Lacuna Coil suck live, they are boring, nothing special.
    inb4lists
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    Please no
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk
    Aaaaaaaaaand that's the year I stop going unless a band like Iron Maiden is there....

dese tings hur^^^^^^

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    whats funny is that i got into FFDP because of what people told me about them on the old boardz...now the hate. People, make up your friggin minds, love or hate them
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    I FFDP, Ivan Moody is a good singer.

inb4thebandsuckssohavingagoodsingerdoesn'tmatteratall.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    good singer could mean a ouple different things tho, you mean in like a technical sense?
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    I like his voice, it is powerful, and has some emotion behind, technically maybe not so great, but in a practical sense it seems to be.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    I like his voice, it is powerful, and has some emotion behind, technically maybe not so great, but in a practical sense it seems to be.
    ill admit that i like his voice, but i dont like the way he utilizes it anymore, and his lyrics pretty much blow..
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    What would be some good future Mayhem bands?
    Mudvayne, Static-X, Alice In Chains, As I Lay Dying, Lacuna Coil....list goes on and on. All of them haven't played and they should all be looked at before Mayhem considers bringing a band back for a third time. And that's not even mentioning Iron Maiden or Judas Priest.
    Lacuna Coil suck live, they are boring, nothing special.
    Nah, I saw them headline in a club in 2009, great set and I'm a fan of their latest.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    korn hasnt put out anything good since 95
    99 actually. Issues was their last good album
    Nah life is peachy is the last decent album they put out imo, and that's pushing it...
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    whats funny is that i got into FFDP because of what people told me about them on the old boardz...now the hate. People, make up your friggin minds, love or hate them
    I DO like them....they have been hijacked by the industry, and were better when they were a lesser known band...not that they shouldn't chase success....It just seems like they are being forced on us as the "new best thing".....They imo are not headline material.....many great metal bands aren't/weren't giant summer festival headliner material when they were this new....maybe Lyman is right though, that in two years they will be....It will take a monstrously successlful third release to push them into a spot filled by bands like slipknot and disturbed....

I DO like them....they have been hijacked by the industry, and were better when they were a lesser known band...not that they shouldn't chase success....It just seems like they are being forced on us as the "new best thing".....They imo are not headline material.....many great metal bands aren't/weren't giant summer festival headliner material when they were this new....maybe Lyman is right though, that in two years they will be....It will take a monstrously successlful third release to push them into a spot filled by bands like slipknot and disturbed....

you do have to admit they are the only band in recent years that is even capable of hitting the level that bands like Disturbed and Slipknot are at.