Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

MARCH MADNESS OF MUSIC 60s to 90s

Comments

• Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    I have every album, i grew up eating drugs and listening to floyd all the time... so yes i am very biased, 4 decades of great/influential music, i mean they created experimetal music, and their guitar players are not to shabby either, they use every instrument possible to create fascinating epic music and they have always had the best live shows, all of them also have successful solo careers. all this is better than 3 albums by a great guitar player.
    Although I agree with a lot of what you said, you didnt even hit on the greatness of Floyd. Roger Waters is a lyrical genius, and is the father of concept albums. No one before him, and not many after him- have crafted such intricate, detailed, crazy lyrics that span a whole CD or two. It is one thing to make a 3 minute song that is awesome and cohesive... Try making an 80 minute song and not have it come out sounding like shit. Roger is pure and simply a god.

And what happened when Roger left the band? A momentary Lapse of Reason might be one of the shittist albums ever made. AWFUL! The album name is very fitting beause they had to be crazy to release that pile or garbage. I'll admit that the Division bell was pretty good, but Gilmore didnt even write that fucker. they hired people to come in and write roger sounding lyrics. fuckers.

Also... Roger's solo work is amazing. Pro's and Con's of hitchhiking might actually be may favorite album between his solo career and his Floyd work. Its close cause I really love the Wall.... But there is so much to love about Pro's and Con's.... Also a huge fan of radio chaos
    i said everything you pretty much said <_> i just summarized it!
    I agree, although Wake makes tl;dr paragraphs, he always backs up his point, I approve.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i like reading wakes ellaborate explanations \m/
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    wake = new wine lol
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    nola, you knew i was gonna bitch about this... don't lie :>
    ya but its a long tourney. is this gonna be every time floyd is up? lol
    nola, you knew i was gonna bitch about this... don't lie :>
    ya but its a long tourney. is this gonna be every time floyd is up? lol
    yes.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Unpopular Opinion incoming

Sid Barrett > Roger Waters.
    fuck no. Syd made crazy schizophrenic music that was all over the place and had no real direction. Roger made very intricate, very detailed, and elaborate concepts that span whole albums and across albums. You want to make music like Syd? Take so much LSD that you go crazy and they lock you up. You want to make music like Roger? believe in reincarnation and kill yourself... maybe you will get lucky and will be reborn a genius.

fuck no. Syd made crazy schizophrenic music that was all over the place and had no real direction. Roger made very intricate, very detailed, and elaborate concepts that span whole albums and across albums. You want to make music like Syd? Take so much LSD that you go crazy and they lock you up. You want to make music like Roger? believe in reincarnation and kill yourself... maybe you will get lucky and will be reborn a genius.

Lolopinions once again, Syd is a musical genius in my opinion.

If you look at my music taste a lot of it could be described as schizophrenic.

i lol'd at the last sentence, i do agree with what you said, but i also agree with primus that the first 2 albums with syd were great albums. but waters did most of the writing on those albums also, so i guess it doesnt even matter <_>
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah... I liked the first two albums as well, however it wasn't until Syd was out of the band and until Roger started taking control of the whole album direction that the shit started getting good. Although Roger did writing throughout Floyds career, he was more of a contributor instead of a leader. Albums he was the leader? Meddle, Dark Side of the Moon, Wish you were here, Animals, The Wall, The Final Cut
    Animals and Meddle are my favorites. but i love all of them <_>
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    PINK FLOYD 5
    JIMI HENDRIX 3

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    PINK FLOYD 6
    JIMI HENDRIX 3
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    PINK FLOYD 6
    JIMI HENDRIX 4
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    PINK FLOYD 6
    JIMI HENDRIX 5
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    PINK FLOYD 6
    JIMI HENDRIX 6

love me some floyd tho.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    love me some floyd tho.
    Those numbers lie, we all know how comebacks in this game end up.
    love me some floyd tho.
    But this, to see them out in the first round seems wrong though.
    Its tied? Floyd should have won by at least 5 points. I am dissapoint.