Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

MARCH MADNESS OF MUSIC 60s to 90s

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i understand u really like pink floyd but i dont think we fail for picking the greatest guitarist of all time..
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    yeah, for the 5 years he was alive, he only put out 3 albums while he was alive. pink floyd made great albums for decades, not even on the same platform. i like hendrix, i was pissed whn i seen you paired these two together. but Pink Floyd is one of the greatest bands ever and one of the most influential bands ever. they make musical masterpieces.
    umm jimi is the Most influential guitarist ever. he changed everything. i think they are def on the same platform and i just like jimi better, i would pick pink floyd over any band making music nowadays though
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    PINK FLOYD 3
    JIMI HENDRIX 2

and I might just kill someone here if Floyd doesn't win. I get Hendrix was a better guitarist then Gilmore, but Floyd legacy is to great to ignore. Floyd might very well be the greatest rock band ever.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    I like Pink Floyd's first two albums.

I like Jimi's 4 studio albums much more though, they influenced pretty much every band I love, from Primus, Phish, and every other jam band ever, every prog band too.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    PINK FLOYD 4
    JIMI HENDRIX 2

Floyd might very well be the greatest rock band ever.
    You could say the same about the Jimi Hendrix Experience, that whole band merged and had chemistry that no one else has ever had.
    I have every album, i grew up eating drugs and listening to floyd all the time... so yes i am very biased, 4 decades of great/influential music, i mean they created experimetal music, and their guitar players are not to shabby either, they use every instrument possible to create fascinating epic music and they have always had the best live shows, all of them also have successful solo careers. all this is better than 3 albums by a great guitar player.
    We do realize that Hendrix's Rhythm section is incredible too right? Let's not forget this.
    jimi was a little experimental to you know lol. you realized he pretty much invented the distorted guitar sound?

I like Jimi's 4 studio albums much more though, they influenced pretty much every band I love, from Primus, Phish, and every other jam band ever, every prog band too.
    dude, and pink floyd didnt influence those bands too?

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    PINK FLOYD 5
    JIMI HENDRIX 2

Because David Gilmour was a musical genius.
    inb4lists

I know they did, but I hear it much more through Hendrix, I'm not trying to downplay the influence or greatness of Pink Floyd, but damn, all 4 Hendrix studio albums are nonstop incredible.

I know they did, but I hear it much more through Hendrix, I'm not trying to downplay the influence or greatness of Pink Floyd, but damn, all 4 Hendrix studio albums are nonstop incredible.
    i agree hendrix albums we're incredible, but Floyd has about 15 incredible albums. they are musical geniuses, so is hendrix, but one has a stronger legacy in the music scene and would someone just please listen to dogs i just posted on the previous page. that soung beats anything hendrix has ever done.
    nola, you knew i was gonna bitch about this... don't lie :>
    Lolopinions, I prefer Hendrix so much more, I won't hate if Floyd wins though.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I have every album, i grew up eating drugs and listening to floyd all the time... so yes i am very biased, 4 decades of great/influential music, i mean they created experimetal music, and their guitar players are not to shabby either, they use every instrument possible to create fascinating epic music and they have always had the best live shows, all of them also have successful solo careers. all this is better than 3 albums by a great guitar player.
    Although I agree with a lot of what you said, you didnt even hit on the greatness of Floyd. Roger Waters is a lyrical genius, and is the father of concept albums. No one before him, and not many after him- have crafted such intricate, detailed, crazy lyrics that span a whole CD or two. It is one thing to make a 3 minute song that is awesome and cohesive... Try making an 80 minute song and not have it come out sounding like shit. Roger is pure and simply a god.

And what happened when Roger left the band? A momentary Lapse of Reason might be one of the shittist albums ever made. AWFUL! The album name is very fitting beause they had to be crazy to release that pile or garbage. I'll admit that the Division bell was pretty good, but Gilmore didnt even write that fucker. they hired people to come in and write roger sounding lyrics. fuckers.

Also... Roger's solo work is amazing. Pro's and Con's of hitchhiking might actually be may favorite album between his solo career and his Floyd work. Its close cause I really love the Wall.... But there is so much to love about Pro's and Con's.... Also a huge fan of radio chaos
    Although I agree with a lot of what you said, you didnt even hit on the greatness of Floyd. Roger Waters is a lyrical genius, and is the father of concept albums. No one before him, and not many after him- have crafted such intricate, detailed, crazy lyrics that span a whole CD or two. It is one thing to make a 3 minute song that is awesome and cohesive... Try making an 80 minute song and not have it come out sounding like shit. Roger is pure and simply a god.

And what happened when Roger left the band? A momentary Lapse of Reason might be one of the shittist albums ever made. AWFUL! The album name is very fitting beause they had to be crazy to release that pile or garbage. I'll admit that the Division bell was pretty good, but Gilmore didnt even write that fucker. they hired people to come in and write roger sounding lyrics. fuckers.

Also... Roger's solo work is amazing. Pro's and Con's of hitchhiking might actually be may favorite album between his solo career and his Floyd work. Its close cause I really love the Wall.... But there is so much to love about Pro's and Con's.... Also a huge fan of radio chaos
    i said everything you pretty much said <_> i just summarized it!
    Unpopular Opinion incoming

Sid Barrett > Roger Waters.