Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

I'm so pissed

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    We still have the pledge here. It would be stupid to take it out
    It makes zero difference to whether it's in our schools or not. Making people recite some pledge isn't going to make them respect a certain country.
    It's a sense of unity and it does make a difference. If kids aren't saying it as they're growing up then they'll feel more disconnected or have more of a chance of being not as patriotic
    Oh wow you've got to be kidding me. Not once did I ever care for the pledge and I never felt like a "stronger patriot" for saying it. If anything it promotes religion and should at least be re-worked.

I would love to know what makes you think that we would have a "less patriotic" nation if the pledge wasn't mandatory for all schools. Cause I mean I don't say it anymore, should that make me feel less patriotic, or does it only affect kids who don't even fully understand what they're being told to repeat?
    It may not be like that for you but for others I know they feel it's right. As kids, saying it shapes you. It's a subconscious type thing
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    "under God" could mean anything that you look up to or aspire to be like though.
    i understand what your saying, but it could mean things other than a deity
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    and I won't forget the bitch who whined and yelled about the pledge at me so I proudly stand up, next to you, and I leave my school today...cuz there ain't no doubt I love this land, I am the USA
    Stop burying my creativity with pointless arguing.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    It makes zero difference to whether it's in our schools or not. Making people recite some pledge isn't going to make them respect a certain country.
    It's a sense of unity and it does make a difference. If kids aren't saying it as they're growing up then they'll feel more disconnected or have more of a chance of being not as patriotic
    Oh wow you've got to be kidding me. Not once did I ever care for the pledge and I never felt like a "stronger patriot" for saying it. If anything it promotes religion and should at least be re-worked.

I would love to know what makes you think that we would have a "less patriotic" nation if the pledge wasn't mandatory for all schools. Cause I mean I don't say it anymore, should that make me feel less patriotic, or does it only affect kids who don't even fully understand what they're being told to repeat?
    It may not be like that for you but for others I know they feel it's right. As kids, saying it shapes you. It's a subconscious type thing
    But what do you have to back up the claim that it "shapes you"? I get what you're trying to tell me but there is absolutely no proof of it having any effect whatsoever on school kids and I don't understand why you believe it does.
    edited January 2011
    "under God" could mean anything that you look up to or aspire to be like though.
    i understand what your saying, but it could mean things other than a deity
    It means exactly what it says. There was a reason they added that phrase in. Not trying to seem rude btw but it's generally accepted as to the meaning behind those two words.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    It's something you should have to do if you are getting free education in this country
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    catz has an opinionz right nowz id like to statez....

if y00z so pissed off why not goez postalz and shootup teh local Wal-Mart I mean everyone else iz doing it now-a-dayz

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

It's something you should have to do if you are getting free education in this country
    There is no benefit to it is what I'm saying. It's a useless pledge, use more time to talk to kids about the importance of voting when they're older instead of making them repeat this pledge that they don't even care for.

But what do you have to back up the claim that it "shapes you"? I get what you're trying to tell me but there is absolutely no proof of it having any effect whatsoever on school kids and I don't understand why you believe it does.
    There's no hard proof but it'd be dumb to say it doesn't do anything for a child
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    You're all wrong.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    "There's no hard proof but it'd be dumb to say it doesn't do anything for a child"

So we're just supposed to assume that it makes our school kids think differently in a positive way even though we have nothing to back it up? Could it not affect them negatively? That's not "being dumb", that's waiting until you have enough evidence to believe a claim. Honestly though if we took the pledge out of our schools nobody would be able to notice any change whatsoever.
  • katiakatia Posts: 4,358 just the tip
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Primus can't be accused of premature ejaculation
    Aiyiyi I am done with this. Arguing with my mom and you at the same time is just making me retarded
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    and I won't forget the bitch who whined and yelled about the pledge at me so I proudly stand up, next to you, and I leave my school today...cuz there ain't no doubt I love this land, I am the USA
    Best part of the thread
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    Best part of the thread
    Lmao I didn't read the last part
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos