Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

I'm so pissed

Comments

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    go grab your AK and prove how american you really are!!!
    All the good AK's are made with foreign parts.
    Which is what everybody tells me I have
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    drive down the street with an American flag on your car, blasting "Born in the USA" on the radio
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    drive down the street with an American flag on your car, blasting "Born in the USA" on the radio
    Dude, how do you think I get to school every day
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    We still have the pledge here. It would be stupid to take it out
    It makes zero difference to whether it's in our schools or not. Making people recite some pledge isn't going to make them respect a certain country.
    It's a sense of unity and it does make a difference. If kids aren't saying it as they're growing up then they'll feel more disconnected or have more of a chance of being not as patriotic
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I Am America And So Can You Pictures, Images and Photos
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • TigerTiger Posts: 2,116 balls deep
    :-))
    The day you need a gun and don't have one, may be your last.

I Am America And So Can You Pictures, Images and Photos
    ^:)^
    :-))
    HAHAHA... thats awsome
    Born in the USA is a political song made as a satire on America against the Vietnam war. That should be the LAST song he's playing for everyone to think he's American
    Born in the USA is a political song made as a satire on America against the Vietnam war. That should be the LAST song he's playing for everyone to think he's American
    you have a point...

And I'm prouuud to be an American!! Where at least I know I'm freee
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    And I'm prouuud to be an American!! Where at least I know I'm freee
    Now that's a good choice
    and I won't forget the bitch who whined and yelled about the pledge at me so I proudly stand up, next to you, and I leave my school today...cuz there ain't no doubt I love this land, I am the USA
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    It makes zero difference to whether it's in our schools or not. Making people recite some pledge isn't going to make them respect a certain country.
    It's a sense of unity and it does make a difference. If kids aren't saying it as they're growing up then they'll feel more disconnected or have more of a chance of being not as patriotic
    Oh wow you've got to be kidding me. Not once did I ever care for the pledge and I never felt like a "stronger patriot" for saying it. If anything it promotes religion and should at least be re-worked.

I would love to know what makes you think that we would have a "less patriotic" nation if the pledge wasn't mandatory for all schools. Cause I mean I don't say it anymore, should that make me feel less patriotic, or does it only affect kids who don't even fully understand what they're being told to repeat?
    Oh wow you've got to be kidding me. Not once did I ever care for the pledge and I never felt like a "stronger patriot" for saying it. If anything it promotes religion and should at least be re-worked.

I would love to know what makes you think that we would have a "less patriotic" nation if the pledge wasn't mandatory for all schools. Cause I mean I don't say it anymore, should that make me feel less patriotic, or does it only affect kids who don't even fully understand what they're being told to repeat?
    how does it promore religion?
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    I think it's fantastic you say your pledge each morning in school.
    I believe you should be patriotic and respect your flag and country....
    For other people in your class (including your teacher!) not to stop talking or to stand up was totally disrespectful.
    I'm a kiwi and I find Americans patriotism amazing.
    I was in Yankee Stadium once and the anthem was played and the ENTIRE crowd stood up for it (I had no idea what was going on but I stood up too out of courtesy).
    One guy in front of us was wearing a cap/hat and was abused by others in the crowd for not removing it.
    Just an observation but I thought it was pretty cool and admired the patriotism
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies

how does it promore religion?
    Granted to say it "promotes" it is a bit of a stretch but I surely don't agree with having our national pledge include the phrase "under god".