Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Your 2011 Albums of the Year Thread.

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    listening and the opening riff screams metalcore
    Except they're not. Hardly any screaming on this album at all and no breakdowns to speak of. Xeno posted one of the weaker songs on the album though. <_>
    finished it and it sounded like it should be in a nickleback album. not a fan
    #-O

The riff in that song is more than a band like Nickelback could ever produce. Lyrically they are one of my favorite bands. But at least you listened to one song, albeit not a good indicator of the album as a whole.

Xeno b-(
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    ^ what song did Xeno post?

....and shane: b-(
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Anyways, just finished All 6's And 7's. Holy fucking shit. One of the best straight up Hip Hop albums I've ever heard. Such a powerful album in every single way.

#1: Tyler, The Creator -Goblin.
    #2: Tech N9ne - All 6's And 7's.
    #3: Lupe Fiasco - Lasers.
    #4: Frank Ocean - Nostalgia/ULTRA.
    Tech N9ne did it big for all 6's and 7's. Easily my favorite rap album this year.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    listening and the opening riff screams metalcore
    Except they're not. Hardly any screaming on this album at all and no breakdowns to speak of. Xeno posted one of the weaker songs on the album though. <_>
    finished it and it sounded like it should be in a nickleback album. not a fan
    #-O

The riff in that song is more than a band like Nickelback could ever produce. Lyrically they are one of my favorite bands. But at least you listened to one song, albeit not a good indicator of the album as a whole.

Xeno b-(
    The riff to Burn It To The Ground is better than any riff Rise Against ever made, also the riff to One Last Run is pretty good too, but other than that Nickelback lacks.
    I am finally relistening to my whole album. I just picked up a physical copy of the new foo fighters.
    that album is too fucking good haha idk where to place it.
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    Anyways, just finished All 6's And 7's. Holy fucking shit. One of the best straight up Hip Hop albums I've ever heard. Such a powerful album in every single way.
    THREW HER IN THE TRUNK

GRRR

AND EVEN THOUGH SHE HAD A NICE RUMP, i THREW HER IN AND LET THE BEAT BUMP
    GRRR
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    THREW HER IN THE TRUNK

GRRR

GRRR
    /thread
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    ....that song sounds so bad
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    THREW HER IN THE TRUNK

GRRR

GRRR
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I'm really liking The Great Mass. It won't beat out Wasting Light but so far it's definitely the best death metal album out this year for the ones i've listened to
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-jvC25NSQs

I bet you love tech n9ne now bitch haha.
    Aww yeah I love my horrorcore sounding like it's straight out of Nightmare Before Christmas

This is fucking gay.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    It's just a fun song if you don't like it don't listen to it.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    I'm listening to new Burzum for the first time. I should have downloaded this earlier, I'm enjoying the hell out of it so far. Similar style to old Burzum with all the arpegiation and tremolo melodies, but the chord choice at times is different in style. I feel like Varg had all that time to really develop his style of guitar playing, so it's nice to hear just Varg playing his instrument in his own style. Gives it a very folkish quality, which meshes well with the Trvest Black Metal.
    late but, i really liked the new Burzum as well. Varg's vocals have improved, still not amazing, but better. and the instrumentation is great. only issue i have is its a bit repetative within songs, but itsa still a great album

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    dont feel like putting them in order

DevilDriver - Beast
    Winds of Plague - Against The World
    As Blood Runs Black - Instinct
    Abysmal Dawn - Leveling the Plane of Existence
    Havok - Time Is Up
    Obscura - Omnivium
    Amon Amarth - Surter Rising
    A Pale Horse Named Dead - And Hell Will Follow Me
    Origin - Entity
    Otep - Atavist
    Before The Dawn - Deathstar Rising
    Darkest Hour - The Human Romance
    Artas - Riotology
    Full Blown Chaos - Full Blown Chaos

Others that i haven't listened to yet but im sure are awesome

Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever
    Job For A Cowboy - Gloom
    Novembers Doom - Aphotic
    Norther - Circle Regenerated
    Blackguard - Firefight
    The Haunted - Unseen
    After The Burial - In Dreams
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    ATB is from last year... lol

Awesome release, but yeah.
    I love winning with women
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    damnit. i was on some metal sites to remind me what came out this year and i guess the latest ATB album wasn't reviewed till this year on one of those sites.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    It's just a fun song if you don't like it don't listen to it.
    How do you know if you like it or not unless you listen to it? <_>

People aren't going to like it. It happens.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage