Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Your 2011 Albums of the Year Thread.

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Have you listened to it or are you just shitting on it because I like it? <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Wow, that's fucking ridiculous. That makes me sick. I don't know why he doesn't just leave the label.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    i've listened to rise against in the past and it was pretty bad.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    1. Polkadot Cadaver -- Sex Offender
    2. Protest The Hero -- Scurrilous
    3. Foo Fighters -- Wasting Light
    4. Obscura -- Omnivium
    5. Frank Ocean -- Nostalgia/Ultra
    6. Journey -- Eclipse
    7. Brad Paisley -- This Is Country Music
    8. Anti-Ben -- An Orgy Of Celestial Sounds & Ben Hatred
    9. Crowbar -- Sever the Wicked Hand
    10. Lady Gaga -- Born This Way
    11. Times Of Grace -- Hymn Of A Broken Man

I need to get to listening.
    You putting Frank Ocean over Gaga is sickening and I almost vomitied everywhere.

But have you listened to Endgame? <_>
    1. Polkadot Cadaver -- Sex Offender
    2. Protest The Hero -- Scurrilous
    3. Foo Fighters -- Wasting Light
    4. Obscura -- Omnivium
    5. Frank Ocean -- Nostalgia/Ultra
    6. Journey -- Eclipse
    7. Brad Paisley -- This Is Country Music
    8. Anti-Ben -- An Orgy Of Celestial Sounds & Ben Hatred
    9. Crowbar -- Sever the Wicked Hand
    10. Lady Gaga -- Born This Way
    11. Times Of Grace -- Hymn Of A Broken Man

I need to get to listening.
    You putting Frank Ocean over Gaga is correct and I almost came everywhere.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Wow, that's fucking ridiculous. That makes me sick. I don't know why he doesn't just leave the label.
    That's sort of what the mainstream hip hop world has become. You're free to do what you want for 14 tracks, but the label owns the rest. Think Love the Way You Lie would have been on Recovery or Crack a Bottle on Relapse?
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    i'm not key on giving bands a second chance that i think are horrible upon first listen
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    i'm not key on giving bands a second chance that i think are horrible upon first listen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHiqGqoIGII
    listening and the opening riff screams metalcore
    That's sort of what the mainstream hip hop world has become. You're free to do what you want for 14 tracks, but the label owns the rest. Think Love the Way You Lie would have been on Recovery or Crack a Bottle on Relapse?

That's part of why I love Tyler and OF so much. Everything is 100% them, and that's only gonna continue for the rest of their careers with Odd Future Records. Which is starting after the BlackenedWhite Re-Release is released.

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    That's part of why I love Tyler and OF so much. Everything is 100% them, and that's only gonna continue for the rest of their careers with Odd Future Records. Which is starting after the BlackenedWhite Re-Release is released.
    Hmmm...A lot of rappers start out with that intention. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Odd Future.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    watch them sell out lol.
    Anyways, just finished All 6's And 7's. Holy fucking shit. One of the best straight up Hip Hop albums I've ever heard. Such a powerful album in every single way.

#1: Tyler, The Creator -Goblin.
    #2: Tech N9ne - All 6's And 7's.
    #3: Lupe Fiasco - Lasers.
    #4: Frank Ocean - Nostalgia/ULTRA.
    Except they're not. Hardly any screaming on this album at all and no breakdowns to speak of. Xeno posted one of the weaker songs on the album though. <_>
    Except they're not. Hardly any screaming on this album at all and no breakdowns to speak of. Xeno posted one of the weaker songs on the album though. <_>
    finished it and it sounded like it should be in a nickleback album. not a fan
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Anyways, just finished All 6's And 7's. Holy fucking shit. One of the best straight up Hip Hop albums I've ever heard. Such a powerful album in every single way.

I don't see Hell The Sequel on your list.

Hmmm...A lot of rappers start out with that intention. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Odd Future.

For sure, I just hope Tyler doesn't let the fame get to his head. But I honestly don't think he will, He's always said he wants to be huge, but do it his own way with complete freedom. That's the complete reason he started Odd Future Records. He said he never wants a label having control on his Music.

I don't see Hell The Sequel on your list.
    Still gotta listen to it.