Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**The Pink Floyd Appreciation Thread**

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    thanks. Yeah. I haven't seen them yet. I'll get back her today with my phone and check them out \m/
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    yeah, this shit happened last thursday, Nick Mason is in the 2nd one as well... PF reunion FTW!!!
    yo Wake...

heres a better quality of outside the wall, listen to ehat Waters says at the end. Shit seems to be going great between them, they all seem good and happy! PLEASEEEEE let them do a reunion tour [-O<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbhBDuL7TAs
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    "Pink Floyd’s surviving members reunited on stage in London last night, playing powerful renditions of “Comfortably Numb” and “Outside the Wall” during the second night of Roger Waters’ six-night stand at the O2 Arena.

This was only the second time that Waters, David Gilmour and Nick Mason have played together in the past three decades – the first being at their Live 8 performance in 2005. Keyboardist Richard Wright has since died, succumbing to cancer in 2008.

Together, Waters and Gilmour tackled “Comfortably Numb,” which seemed to make the crowd anything but. Towards the end of the night, as Waters played “Outside the Wall,” both Gilmour and Mason appeared on stage. Reprising the same role he played on Pink Floyd’s 1980/1981 tour, Gilmour played his solo atop the Wall.

Fans hoping that last night marks the beginning of a Pink Floyd reunion shouldn’t hold their breath.

“I should also remind you that tonight is most definitely a one-off,” said Gilmour’s blog yesterday. “David is not repeating his special guest performance at a later occasion, I’m sorry to disappoint those of you with fingers crossed and tickets for later shows.”

Waters’ The Wall tour will continue through July."
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I think Gilmour just stated to the fans that he wont be doing any more guest appearencews on Waters "The Wall" tour. I strongly belive they will reunite for some sort of world tour, maybe not as an extensive one as the Wall has been, but maybe a few shows in the US, London ect... a few years ago all the members stated they would never play on the same stage again and now it seems theyre rebuilding their relationship. I really hope to see these guys one day, it would be a dream come true.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I think Gilmour just stated to the fans that he wont be doing any more guest appearencews on Waters "The Wall" tour. I strongly belive they will reunite for some sort of world tour, maybe not as an extensive one as the Wall has been, but maybe a few shows in the US, London ect... a few years ago all the members stated they would never play on the same stage again and now it seems theyre rebuilding their relationship. I really hope to see these guys one day, it would be a dream come true.
    My Dad and I would fly from anywhere to go to one of those shows.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Yeah, I would pretty much pay and do whatever I could to see a PF reunion. Luckily I live close to NY and I'm sure if they play the US they wont miss NY. but if I had to go overseas, I prolly would. Its worth it to me.
    being a married father of 3, I would never be able to justify an over seas trip for a pf concert. I totally would pay it though... and they hit NYC, I am totally there.
    good thing I dont have kids yet...lolz

but I bet if it happened a one off show in UK, you'd do everything in your power to go.

btw... you never shared your opinion on the reunion last thursday...
    edited May 2011
    I still havent listened.... I will thought :)

Hey, you wanna go with me if they play NYC? EDIT - this isnt meant to be exclusionary obviously.
    I'm already there if they play NY. Its about 40mins from where I live, I can take a train from Trenton and be there quicker than that. I would pay whatever it takes. I would want floor, right in fron of the stage.
    edited May 2011
    What I mean is you want to get tickets together? Ie... you buy the tickets, and I'll pay you before you buy? PF doesnt do GA, you know that. Only assigned seating. I'd like to sit with you and your group.

I assume you would try and get best seats you can?
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    wakes gonna get it in :>
    What I mean is you want to get tickets together? Ie... you buy the tickets, and I'll pay you before you buy? PF doesnt do GA, you know that. Only assigned seating. I'd like to sit with you and your group.

I assume you would try and get best seats you can?
    yeah, idgaf, thats cool with me. I know they dont have GA... I just want a seat up front somewhere reguardless of the cost. Lets cross our fingers and hope for a tour coming soon, "The Wall still has a damn near 6 months to go... but I know Gilmour has nothing going on except maybe a solo album. I think this could be possible in 2013

\m/
    yeah.... I only got 150 dollar tickets to The Wall, and I was kicking myself in the ass for not just going with the 300 seats that were way closer. I am cool with getting as close as we can. Within reason I guess.... but I am willing to spend 500. maybe more, id have to think about it. \m/
    yeah, I'd prolly miss every show for the entire year and just spend all my money on that.
    bumping to video watch on my phone.
    Jesus george. I feel totally robbed of my Wall concert now. Gilmore and Mason didnt show up at mine. Ugh. that is depressing. They better do a tour now.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    he's not going with you now. you blew it.
    he's not going with you now. you blew it.
    :-)) I think he will forgive.