Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**The Pink Floyd Appreciation Thread**

Comments

• Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I actually watched some of the PF live in Australia thing the other night. I thought of you homos.
    So you wanted to have sex with us?
    Problem?
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Problem?

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    not interested in covers.
    I like covers sometimes....
    Voivod's cover of Astronomy Domine is badass
    And all that is now
    And all that is gone
    And all that's to come
    And everything under the sun is in tune
    But the sun is eclipsed by the moo-ooon
    And all that is now
    And all that is gone
    And all that's to come
    And everything under the sun is in tune
    But the sun is eclipsed by the moo-ooon

bumping because I love Pink Floyd
    \m/

Mother do you think they'll try to break my balls?
    \m/

Mother do you think they'll try to break my balls?
    LOVE THAT QUOTE!!!
    I HELD THE BLADE IN TREMBLING HANDS PREPARED TO MAKE IT BUT............ just then the phone rang, i didnt have the nerve to make the final CUT.
    Jimmy Fallon to Honor Pink Floyd With Week of Tributes

Last year "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon" celebrated a whole week of the Rolling Stones. In May, Bob Marley got his due. Now, the music-loving talk host is setting aside the week of Sept. 26-30 to honor one of the most beloved bands in history, Pink Floyd.

NBC announced on Thursday (Sept. 22) the lineup for Floyd Week, with artists including The Shins, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, MGMT and Dierks Bentley, who each night will perform classic tracks from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame band.

Better still, founding members Roger Waters and Nick Mason will be stopping by early in the week to chat with Fallon. Here's a day-by-day breakdown of the festivities (9/26-30), according to NBC.

Monday: The Shins will kick off the week and perform "Breathe" from "The Dark Side of the Moon." This will actually be the band's first TV appearance in four years. Floyd drummer Mason is stopping by for a talk segment with Fallon.

Tuesday: Roger Waters is teaming up with Foo Fighters (for the first time ever) to perform "In the Flesh," off the singer-bassist's opus "The Wall." Fallon will also get a crack at interviewing Waters during the show.

Wednesday: MGMT will take the stage to perform the early Floyd track, "Lucifer Sam," off 1967's "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn." The echo-heavy song, written and sung by original frontman Syd Barrett, was only performed by the band in the year of its release, but it's since been covered by the likes of The Flaming Lips and Jay Farrar (Son Volt/Uncle Tupelo).

Thursday: "Late Night" will go country when hugely popular country charmer Dierks Bentley takes the mic to handle the Floyd staple, "Wish You Were Here."

Friday: Pearl Jam will round out the week with their take on "Mother," another massive track off "The Wall." PJ recently made their Fallon debut by unveiling the new track, "Ole." Eddie and co. are riding high as they celebrate the 20th anniversary of their debut, "Ten," along with the release of "Pearl Jam 20," a film, book and soundtrack.

This weeklong celebration of Pink Floyd is timed for the release of the band's 14 remastered studio albums, a 16-CD box set with those releases, and an ambitious 6-disc box set focused solely on "Dark Side of the Moon," which includes previously unreleased audio and video.
    The evidence before the court is incontrovertible,
    There's no need for the Jury to retire.
    In all my years of judging I have never heard before,
    of someone more deserving then the full penalty of the law.
    The way you made them suffer,
    your exquisite wife and mother,
    Fills me with the urge to defecate!
    SINCE my friend you have revealed your deepest fear,
    I sentence you to be exposed before your peers!
    Tear down the wall!!!
    You know... it's always bothered me that the judge called his cheating scumbag wife "exquisite". I bet the judge was hoping to fuck her after the trial. dirty old bastard.
    you're taking her side too? The cunt is a cheating scumbag! I don't care if he was closed off to her and kept too himself. doesnt justify fucking some dude while he is out on the road.
    Craaaaaaaaaaaazy
    no way... he wouldnt just imaging

"hello"
    "this is a collect call from mr floyd to mrs floyd, will you accept the charges from united states?"
    *click*
    "he hung up. i wonder why he hung up. there must be someone else there besides your wife"
    "hello"
    "This is united states calling are we reaching"
    *click*
    "see he keeps hanging up... there's a man answering"

SCUM BAG WIFE! although he's banging groupies so maybe I shouldnt be too hard on her.