Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I hope so.....I am still worried. Nashville will be tough tomorrow.

Oh and the Sharks are one point behind the Starz.....they might be the 3rd seed soon.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    A few things....

1. The Wings didn't make a claim on Emery, so already a fail there.
    2. Nick Lidstrom will not play on any other team than Detroit. To suggest otherwise is retarded. The Wings will have him as long as he wants to play.
    3. Vancouver vs. Philadelphia for the finals is a very, very, very safe prediction. Obviously this guy didn't watch the playoffs last year.....
    The Wings did not fail by not claiming Emery. He is nowhere near NHL ready and he will not see the NHL this season. Maybe won't see an NHL start until the middle of next season. He has yet to even play a game yet since the surgery. If claimed by the Wings, he would have just been sent to their minor league affiliate. It would have made no difference because Howard would still be getting the majority of the starts and splitting with Joey MacDonald.
    New York Islanders have no luck when it comes to goalies. Kevin Poulin hurt his knee in warmups tonight. His skate caught a rut, and he fell very hard and awkwardly to the ice. He needed 2 people to help him off. He was seen leaving the Coliseum on crutches after the game. He will have an MRI tomorrow.

That left Mikko Koskinen to make his first career NHL start against the Leafs, and holy shit was he terrible tonight.

I hate being an Islanders fan. I really do. It just isn't fair what the die-hard fans of this team go through constantly.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Nashville never has a good enough team to get to the final, but they always seem to give teams such a hard time in the early rounds of the playoffs...
    ... i love watching the Nashville playoff games, that team plays their asses off, they might be good enough to win a round or 2 this year, but all the way, i dont think so...
    A few things....

2. Nick Lidstrom will not play on any other team than Detroit. To suggest otherwise is retarded. The Wings will have him as long as he wants to play.
    3. Vancouver vs. Philadelphia for the finals is a very, very, very safe prediction. Obviously this guy didn't watch the playoffs last year.....
    The Wings did not fail by not claiming Emery. He is nowhere near NHL ready and he will not see the NHL this season. Maybe won't see an NHL start until the middle of next season. He has yet to even play a game yet since the surgery. If claimed by the Wings, he would have just been sent to their minor league affiliate. It would have made no difference because Howard would still be getting the majority of the starts and splitting with Joey MacDonald.
    I said the prediction was a fail, not the fact that we didn't get him.

Nashville is so fucking annoying, I hate being in their division.
    A few things....

I said the prediction was a fail, not the fact that we didn't get him.

Nashville is so fucking annoying, I hate being in their division.
    Ohh my bad. Understood now.

Pens putting out fires on Crosby concerns

A Tuesday tweet that Sidney Crosby "tried [a] light workout and immediately saw black dots and stars" started the news cycle anew. Like yesterday's report from north of the border that Crosby is in danger of missing the rest of the season because of his concussion, it was really interesting stuff. And, also like yesterday's report from north of the border, the Penguins say this one is completely detached from reality. Two team officials with first-hand knowledge of Crosby's situation denied it in the most emphatic terms possible. One described the story simply as "all [barnyard expletive]," and the other said in an e-mail that he confirmed the story "is NOT TRUE straight from Sidney."
    Keith rips team for play at even strength

Scoring goals on the power play has been a calling card of the Blackhawks this season, and while it has stumbled of late, Duncan Keith says it's not the issue. Said Keith: "Nobody goes to the net to score goals. That's why we don't win." Keith played on both power-play units Monday, as coach Joel Quenneville changed personnel when the poor attempts piled up. But given the chance again to comment on their man-advantage play, Keith went back to even-strength. "The other team had power plays, too," he said. "They didn't score. They got it 5-on-5. If we start relying on 5-on-5, we might win, instead of relying on the power play and blaming the power play or the penalty kill. We start doing better 5-on-5, we'll win hockey games then."

Brad Richards to Bruins?

Marc Savard's season is over, and replacing him won't come easy from within or cheap via trade. The perfect move here, especially with goaltender Tim Thomas so hot and defenseman Zdeno Chara in his prime, would be for Peter Chiarelli to make a bold play to land free-agent-to-be Brad Richards. The No. 1 Dallas center, who won a Cup with Tampa (2004), is the single best answer to replacing Savard, although his cap hit is almost double ($7.8 million vs. $4 million). With the Stars in the thick of the Western Conference playoff race, GM Joe Nieuwendyk probably won't wheel Richards, even at the risk of seeing the 30-year-old walk away for nothing come July 1.

Triple post AGAIN <_>

No way the Stars trade Richards when they're a top 3 seed in the West.
    i dont think they will either, it makes no sense... but i think he'll be gona at the end of the year
    In the offseason, sure....not right now.
    i dont think they will either, it makes no sense... but i think he'll be gona at the end of the year
    Depends on how far they go into the playoffs. If they go deep, prove they can win, if you were him, why leave? They have plenty of cap space from what I have heard so they can basically afford to give him what he wants if he wants to stay.

I see him leaving too, but I can also see him staying. I just hope that whatever he does, he doesn't end up on the Rangers
    X(
    well i guess the wings lost...
    *sigh* We're slumping right now, and it's bad.......
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The Hawks finally bounced back last night and they traded for Michael Frolik.
    im gonna have to start supporting vancouver soon...
    <_>

San Jose and Dallas are tied for third in the West now.....

And we have a home-and-home against Boston this weekend....lovely.
    Babcock rips Wings: 'We're awful'

It's not often one sees an exclamation point in a game story, but that's where Mike Babcock took things after a 4-1 loss to the Predators. "It's absolutely unacceptable to compete like we did," Babcock said after the Wings fell behind, 2-0, in the first period, 4-0, in the second. "You're not going to be successful in anything, any walk of life, working [like that]. Beyond ridiculous!" ... Babcock hinted that Thursday's practice could be a tough one. "We're not going to work in games? You can bet we'll work in practice," Babcock said. "We're going to get some work ethic back, because there's no way we're going to have 22,000 people watching us play like that. That's absolutely unacceptable." Babcock said it was mental and physical. The Wings were sloppy, losing battles or turning the puck over on each of Nashville's first three goals. "We're awful," Babcock said.