Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• Options
    JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,700 mod
    Meh. I partially agree, but they have a lot of big bodies on that team. SOMEONE can step up for their teammate and mix it up with Cooke. It happens all the time.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Options
    laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    i agree that the Bruins were pussys. not the big bad B's team of the past.
  • Options
    This is still the best hockey fight I've ever seen in my life, and it stemmed from a dirty hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7DlAjrhm9s
  • Options
    goalie fights are always cool
  • Options
    i miss the wings / avs rivalry from the Roy years....
  • Options
    fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    ^^me too, i've always been an avs fan since the days of the nordiques and the late 90's rivalry between the wings and the avs is one of the best in all sport..
    im pretty sure they had 2 bench clearing brawls. one roy vs. vernon and one roy vs. osgood both of which i think roy lost
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,464 spicy boy
    they wernt bench clearing...
  • Options
    Lol, the Wings have owned the Avs since Colorado won the Cup in 2001.
  • Options
    horseshit

Penguins forward Matt Cooke will not be suspended by the NHL for his hit Sunday that left the Bruins' Marc Savard with a Grade 2 concussion. TSN first reported the story.

"Didn't surprise me," said Bruins VP Cam Neely, citing the non-suspension earlier this year when Philadelphia's Mike Richards belted Florida's David Booth with a blind-side belt. "Based on Richards's hit on Booth, and that he didn't get suspended, it didn't surprise me."

According to the report, the Penguins have been informed by the league of Cooke's status.

NHL vice president of hockey operations Colin Campbell said the ruling had to do with consistency. Wrote TSN analyst Bob McKenzie via Twitter:

"No suspension for Richards. No suspension for Cooke. ... [Campbell] said if this hit happens next season it is a suspension. And if it's a repeat offender like Cooke, the suspension will be stiffer again."

Cooke left Savard sprawled unconscious on the ice with a blindside hit in Sunday's game. Had it been determined that Cooke hit Savard with an elbow to the head, a suspension would have been likely. But replays were unclear as to whether Cooke used an elbow or his shoulder to hit Savard, who may miss the rest of the season because of the concussion.

Since Savard's injury, NHL general managers recommended altering the language in the rule book regarding blows to the head, particularly "a lateral, back pressure or blindside hit to an opponent where the head is targeted and or the principal point of contact is not permitted."

The rule could be implemented next season. According to TSN, Campbell said that Cooke would have been suspended for his hit on Savard had such a guideline been in place this season. The 2009-10 rule book does not specify any penalty for a shoulder hit to the head.

"By the sounds of it, hits like that will be penalized and be reviewed for a suspension," Neely said. "Right now, it's not there to say do it this way. As much as we all believe there should be a suspension, there's nothing in the rule book saying you can't hit a player in that fashion."

The non-suspension means Cooke should be in the lineup when the Bruins host the Penguins next Thursday. Neely didn't want to answer whether the Bruins should seek retribution on Cooke in that game.

"Part of what this game is all about," Neely said, "is taking responsibility for the actions that we do."

• Options
    Well, I expect blood next week or the Bruins are pussies.
  • Options
    This is terrible for the game....Colin Campbell is forcing the players to police themselves....well, you reap what you sew, Mr. Campbell. All the blind side hits that occur the rest of the season will be a result of your inability to do your job.
  • Options
    MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,632 master of ceremonies
    my Starz just flat out raped the Sharkz tonight. 8-2
  • Options
    Chicago 71 45 19 7 97
    Phoenix 73 46 22 5 97
    Vancouver 72 44 24 4 92
    San Jose 72 43 19 10 96
    Nashville 73 42 26 5 89
    Los Angeles 70 41 24 5 87
    Colorado 71 40 25 6 86
    Detroit 71 35 23 13 83
    ------------------------------------
    Calgary 72 36 27 9 81
    St. Louis 72 34 29 9 77
    Anaheim 71 34 29 8 76

Ok, what the fuck happened to the Sharks and what the hell is Phoenix doing up there?!?!?!? O_O

Wings/Pens tonight >:3
  • Options
    Washington 72 48 14 10 106
    Pittsburgh 72 42 24 6 90
    Buffalo 71 39 22 10 88
    New Jersey 71 42 25 4 88
    Ottawa 72 37 30 5 79
    Philadelphia 72 37 30 5 79
    Montreal 72 36 29 7 79
    Boston 71 32 27 12 76
    ---------------------------------------
    Atlanta 72 32 29 11 75
    NY Rangers 72 31 32 9 71
  • Options
    i am actually routing for the wings
  • Options
    fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    edited March 2010
    the longer this season goes the scarier it becomes being an avs fan
  • Options
    I really REALLY want the Wings to pass you guys....the only team I DON'T want to see in the first round is the Blackhawks.
  • Options
    Jimmy Howard takes some swipes at Sidney Crosby.....priceless. 3-1 Wings win.
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,221 mod
    Detroit fucked Pittsburg up

• Options
    Epic win, just a couple hours after the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PfDVU0goR4