Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    HOW IS THIS NOT A MATCH PENALTY????? Anytime a Flyers player does anythimg close to this theyre thrown out of the game reguardless of reputaion..... FUCKING BULLSHIT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3w0DPSQUvA
    WHats the fucking difference? SHelly got 5 games for this shit.... Staal goes on 2 score 2 goals in this game, da fuck?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maozXg_I_eM
    ?
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    Shelley had prior offenses, so that's probably why his suspension was so harsh. Plus, it's pretty clear the whole way that he makes no effort to avoid the hit, even though the dude's back is turned the whole way. As to why Staal didn't get more than he did, I can't say. It wasn't as bad a hit, but probably enough to get at least a game. :-??
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I guess having a queer pens jersey helps you get away with shit.
    he went on to damn near win the game for them, he scored 2 goals after that, lol... shits ridicolous.
    Idk man. I agree with you, it's dumb. Was that hit recent?
    yeah I missed them game, I wasnt home, but I was swole as hell when i seen Staal on ESPN score 2 goals, then of course they didnt show the hit on ESPN, i saw it later on philly sports channel, I damn near snuck the TV.....
    lol. I sorry >:D<
    >:D< .. i hate the damn Pensuins...
    The Detroit Red Wings have opted to resolve their goaltending situation by exposing Ty Conklin on waivers.

General manager Ken Holland confirmed the decision to the Free Press this morning.

The move is not unexpected; with Jimmy Howard scheduled to return to the starting job Tuesday at Chicago, the Wings had an excess of backups after Joey MacDonald was called up from the minors following Howard's injury Feb. 2, as MacDonald quickly outplayed Conklin.

Conklin is 3-5 this season, with a .878 save percentage and 3.40 goals-against average. If another NHL team does not claim him by noon Tuesday, the Wings can send him to Grand Rapids.
    new goaltender for the flyers?
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Blue jackets > red wings > flyers> every other team > stars
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    GO FIND A REAL HOCKEY TEAM!
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Anyone see those 2 goals in 27 seconds tonight by the Senators?
    BostonBruins.com – The Boston Bruins pride themselves on their physical play, and they’re not afraid to stick up for each other.

It’s the rough and tough motto that bounces around the locker room that the Bruins live by – and the rest of the league thinks one player in particular stands out.

The NHLPA poll was released Sunday, and 20 percent of the players voted that forward Milan Lucic is the toughest player in the league.

“It’s good to hear that,” Lucic said before Sunday’s game. “It’s an honor to be recognized by the people around the league as being a tough player. For myself, you take a lot of pride in that just because of the way I play and have to keep that up.”

In 56 games this season, Lucic’s 20 goals are tied with Tyler Seguin for the team lead, and his 109 penalty minutes are second only to Shawn Thornton (122).

When pressed on what makes him so tough to play against, Lucic said he just likes to maintain a physical edge throughout the game.

But he was also quick to credit his entire team with maintaining the tough mentality.

“Getting in on forechecks and playing hard, and having to back up my teammates and myself when I have to,” Lucic said when describing his game. “It’s not just me, I think our whole team does a great job of that and its great I got recognized out of the whole group for that.

Contrary to what the league had to say, Boston Bruins forward Chris Kelly had his own perspective on his teammate.

“I’m surprised – he’s not that tough,” Kelly joked.

After flashing a smile, Kelly gave a more serious opinion on Lucic and said he deserved the recognition.

“I don’t think there’s too many guys that can skate like he does, score like he does and fights like he does,” Kelly said. “He fights all the tough guys – he does it all.”

Along with Lucic, forward Patrice Bergeron was recognized as the league’s most underrated player, while captain Zdeno Chara was recognized as being the hardest defenseman to play against and having the hardest shot.
    Datsyuk and Toews are out tonight. Cleary and Howard are back for Detroit, however.
    Minor arthroscopic knee surgery. It's nothing serious but he'll be out for a couple weeks. Better now than in April....