Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26333

should have been a 5 minute major and a game misconduct whether there was intent to injure or not
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    Hmm.....sorry George, I have to disagree with you. It's not like one of those things where he turned at the last second and Richards caught him in the back, he had his back to Richards the whole time and he still shoved his face into the boards. That's a reckless hit.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    Or Game 3 between the Kings and Sharks....

Hoping the Kings and Lightning extend their series tonight.
    Yeahhh I forgot about that one somehow lol. Just watch any game of this year's playoffs and it will make someone a fan. all have been great. Except the Rangers game 3 win...
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26333

should have been a 5 minute major and a game misconduct whether there was intent to injure or not
    no. he had no intent to injure, he didnt drive his head into the boards, he didnt leave his feet, it was an accident, if they suspend Richards for this weak ass bullshit, then they need to suspend Myers for his knee on knee with Carter.

I'm glad fuketh isnt on the NHL suspension comittee...
    edited April 2011
    nothing in the rule book does it say a hit from behind has to have intent to injure. any hit from behind is suppose to result in a 5 minute major and a game misconduct. i played competative hockey for 15 years, i know a thing or 2 about hockey. also it seems everyone here is agreeing with me, not you on that hit
    If a player high sticks a player in the face on accident and he gets cut, it's a 4-minute penalty, whether it was an accident or not. I don't know about suspension, but Richards should have been ejected at least.
    Hmm.....sorry George, I have to disagree with you. It's not like one of those things where he turned at the last second and Richards caught him in the back, he had his back to Richards the whole time and he still shoved his face into the boards. That's a reckless hit.
    i understand he went awkwardly into the boards, but its an unfortunate accident. i saw the hit last night about 20 times on slow mo rep-lay, richards went low and tried to drive him into the boards, its forechcecking!!!! connoly went the opposite way richards thought. noway in FUCK that should be a suspension... if thats a suspension, every hit should be a suspension, sometimes players get hurt, its unfortunate, but it happens. we shouldnt be calling off with their heads everytime... Carter was knee on kneed and i didnt say once Myers should be suspended, accidents happen.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    All I know is I just watched that video and I fucking loved that hit. \m/
    I didn't say it should be a suspension, but I think it should have been a major penalty and that would have been the end of it for me.
    It should not matter there was intent to injure or not. There shouldn't be any of these hits in the game at all. That was a reckless hit. Connoly was in a bad position and was trying to play the puck. Richards needs to realize that and not push Connoly into the boards from behind.
    i understand he went awkwardly into the boards, but its an unfortunate accident. i saw the hit last night about 20 times on slow mo rep-lay, richards went low and tried to drive him into the boards, its forechcecking!!!! connoly went the opposite way richards thought. noway in FUCK that should be a suspension... if thats a suspension, every hit should be a suspension, sometimes players get hurt, its unfortunate, but it happens. we shouldnt be calling off with their heads everytime... Carter was knee on kneed and i didnt say once Myers should be suspended, accidents happen.
    That's not forechecking. That was an illegal hit from behind. That isn't like every other hit that we see. If it was a shoulder on shoulder check and Connoly still went head first into the boards then I would agree with you. But that hit was from behind and is illegal and should have been penalized further than just 2 minutes.

nothing in the rule book does it say a hit from behind has to have intent to injure. any hit from behind is suppose to result in a 5 minute major and a game misconduct. i played competative hockey for 15 years, i know a thing or 2 about hockey. also it seems everyone here is agreeing with me, not you on that hit
    i could give 0 fucks if you played hockey or who agrees with you. players get hit from behind every fucking game, only when a player unfortunately gets hurt, people want suspensions. it wasnt a dirty hit, an unfortunate hit... wheres Myers suspension for hitting Carters knee? i brought this up like 10 times now and noones responded? why isnt Myers questioned for suspension? the video makes the hit look worse then it is cause richards arm goes flailing, when in all reality, hits like that happen every single game. this is why the NHL is turning so pussy, people constantly bitching about unwarrented suspensions? where were you the other day on the bobby ryan incident? haters are always gonna hate against the FLyers.
    If a player high sticks a player in the face on accident and he gets cut, it's a 4-minute penalty, whether it was an accident or not. I don't know about suspension, but Richards should have been ejected at least.
    that is one of the dumbest penalties in the league btw... if a player has a fucking pimple that opens up its 4 mins <_> thats nt a good exaple. everytime people get hurt its like immediately everyone wants justice. the right people looked at it and made the right descision, especially for the flyers, they always try to fuck over the Flyers *5 minute major* ... trust me if they thought at all there should be a suspension, there would be... how do you give Ryan 2 games for that and Richards a game for putting on a check that accidently causes an injury, this shit is just stupid. man up people, its the playoffs.
    We're getting off trach here. The strong point in this argument is Miller need a WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULENCE :((
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    i see what you are saying George...i've been hearing a lot of the same crying from the Canadien fans....
    i could give 0 fucks if you played hockey or who agrees with you. players get hit from behind every fucking game, only when a player unfortunately gets hurt, people want suspensions. it wasnt a dirty hit, an unfortunate hit... wheres Myers suspension for hitting Carters knee? i brought this up like 10 times now and noones responded? why isnt Myers questioned for suspension? the video makes the hit look worse then it is cause richards arm goes flailing, when in all reality, hits like that happen every single game. this is why the NHL is turning so pussy, people constantly bitching about unwarrented suspensions? where were you the other day on the bobby ryan incident? haters are always gonna hate against the FLyers.
    that is one of the dumbest penalties in the league btw... if a player has a fucking pimple that opens up its 4 mins <_> thats nt a good exaple. everytime people get hurt its like immediately everyone wants justice. the right people looked at it and made the right descision, especially for the flyers, they always try to fuck over the Flyers *5 minute major* ... trust me if they thought at all there should be a suspension, there would be... how do you give Ryan 2 games for that and Richards a game for putting on a check that accidently causes an injury, this shit is just stupid. man up people, its the playoffs.
    The problem is that hits from behind should not be acceptable at all. Just because a player doesn't get hurt doesn't mean that it is okay. It just means he was lucky. Hits from behind are extremely dangerous and ALL hits from behind, whether the player gets hurt or not should be suspendable because they should not be tolerated. And it is not about "pussifying" the game. It is about keeping the players somewhat safe in an extremely dangerous sport.

And yes, Bobby Ryan should have had a much longer suspension. The NHL dropped the ball on that one. But, YES, Richards should at least be given a game for the hit yesterday, all though he won't be.
    we arent discussing either the bobby ryan hit nor the myers hit, so why bring it up
    Jay, whats the difference here? Havlats head was down and it was a clear hit to the head? whats thew difference? i cant wait to hear this justification...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KJm-qcnnC0
    "The problem is that hits from behind should not be acceptable at all. Just because a player doesn't get hurt doesn't mean that it is okay. It just means he was lucky. Hits from behind are extremely dangerous and ALL hits from behind, whether the player gets hurt or not should be suspendable because they should not be tolerated. And it is not about "pussifying" the game. It is about keeping the players somewhat safe in an extremely dangerous sport.

And yes, Bobby Ryan should have had a much longer suspension. The NHL dropped the ball on that one. But, YES, Richards should at least be given a game for the hit yesterday, all though he won't be."

Maybe youre right, but the point is all player donot get suspended cause if it, it only seems when someone gets hurt they want a suspension. the ref didnt even put his arm up until Connoly was layed out on the ground. I agree the NHL is very inconsistent on this and I dont want them to start being consistent when the captain of my team accidently hurts someone before game 7. compared to the other suspensions, this should not be one. i've seen wayyy worse not even get talked about suspensions. I dont think it was a dirty hit, nothing is going to change my mind. if he wasnt hurt, we wouldnt even be talking about this and richards would not have enen goten a penalty.
    "we arent discussing either the bobby ryan hit nor the myers hit, so why bring it up"

i was comparing it to other recnt events. still, no response i see....