Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited April 2011
    You guys are hilarious how you all are so biased and all think your teams will win the cup. The only predictions I will take any credibility from are MyPlague because he has no stake in any of it.
    I gave reasons for my picks and acknowledged series that could go either way. If you don't think Detroit can win the Cup you are bullshitting yourself.
    It seems like your analysis was well thought out, but still biased. Can they win it? Yes. Will they win it. No. They honestly haven't really shown me much all year. Maybe they have had it on cruise control waiting for the Playoffs, but that's a dangerous thing and I wouldn't be surprised to see them get bounced in the first round.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    You guys are hilarious how you all are so biased and all think your teams will win the cup. The only predictions I will take any credibility from are MyPlague because he has no stake in any of it.
    I gave reasons for my picks and acknowledged series that could go either way. If you don't think Detroit can win the Cup you are bullshitting yourself.
    Will they win it. No.
    Look who's biased now. The truth is we all know Vancouver is the best team on paper. But they've never been able to follow through. So who's in the second tier? Detroit and San Jose. And I believe we can beat the Sharks, I'm not pulling optimistic shit out of my ass. If Zetterberg can't come back, we're not getting past Round 2. That's the bottom line. With him, we're as complete a team as anyone. I don't really care that we struggled down the stretch, I've said time and time again how you finish the regular season is overrated.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Will they win it. No.
    Look who's biased now. The truth is we all know Vancouver is the best team on paper. But they've never been able to follow through. So who's in the second tier? Detroit and San Jose. And I believe we can beat the Sharks, I'm not pulling optimistic shit out of my ass. If Zetterberg can't come back, we're not getting past Round 2. That's the bottom line. With him, we're as complete a team as anyone. I don't really care that we struggled down the stretch, I've said time and time again how you finish the regular season is overrated.
    I'm not biased, I never said the Hawks will win the cup, hell I don't even think that they will get past the first round. I think they can potentially win the series and they are probably one of the best number 8 seeds in the history of the NHL, but I still don't have very high expectations.
    One of the best number 8 seeds in the history of the NHL........ <_>

The only way that holds true is if they go to the Cup Finals ala 2006 Edmonton.
    "they are probably one of the best number 8 seeds in the history of the NHL"

actual quote. I didn't say they were the best.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Jay <_>
    Chickenfuck <_>
    "they are probably one of the best number 8 seeds in the history of the NHL"

actual quote. I didn't say they were the best.
    <_>
    Jay <_>
    Chickenfuck <_>
    The fuck did I do?
    Jay <_>
    Chickenfuck <_>
    The fuck did I do?
    The truth is we all know Vancouver is the best team on paper. But they've never been able to follow through. So who's in the second tier? Detroit and San Jose.
    you forgot someone. shame, shame [-X
    I should have been more specific. I was talking strictly about the Western Conference there.
    I should have been more specific. I was talking strictly about the Western Conference there.
    ok, then I retract my jayface towards you, but my chickenfuck jayface stands.
    WHERE THE FUCK IS EVERYONE? The playoff start tomorrow and thursday, am I the only one excited :-??
    Wings play tonight!!! :D
    I think they should handle phoniex easily... 5-6 games...
    Bleh....I thought they were going to do that last year, but they took it to 7. I hope Kronwall can play.
    right now, no word on pronger yet, i'm not really worried about it. i think they can still beat buffalo easily without him. he may or may not play, but i'd rather him be 100% then risk getting injured again. they have the depth to let him sit out a few more games...
    wings going all the wayyyyyyyyyyyy then losing to the flyers
    WHERE THE FUCK IS EVERYONE? The playoff start tomorrow and thursday, am I the only one excited :-??
    I gave my opinions and you people got butthurt by them
    Odds to win 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Vancouver Canucks 3/1

Washington Capitals 5/1

San Jose Sharks 6/1

Philadelphia Flyers 7/1

Boston Bruins 8/1

Detroit Red Wings 8/1

Pittsburgh Penguins 10/1

Chicago Blackhawks 12/1

Nashville Predators 25/1