Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    You as well, mister. b-(
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    Bold Prediction #1 ......There will be 4 higher seeded teams that go out in the first round

hopefully thats Vancouver, Detroit, Pittsburg and the Caps

Not the Caps. Fuck the Rangers. Sweep the Rangers. Go Caps!

On the Minnesota Wild website yesterday following the game, the headline read:
    "By the way Chicago, You're Welcome"
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Bold Prediction #1 ......There will be 4 higher seeded teams that go out in the first round

hopefully thats Vancouver, Detroit, Pittsburg and the Caps

Not the Caps. Fuck the Rangers. Sweep the Rangers. Go Caps!

On the Minnesota Wild website yesterday following the game, the headline read:
    "By the way Chicago, You're Welcome"
    As well it should. The Wild saved the Hawks asses. Now they need to take advantage of it........, GB Packers style.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    actually i take that back. i would rather see the caps beat new york. that would mean a philly / boston second round :)
    actually i take that back. i would rather see the caps beat new york. that would mean a philly / boston second round :)
    Now thats more like it!
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    I can see chicago taking out vancouver

for the west I see chicago winning, wings, predators, and for kings and sharks it's up in the air but I think the sharks will win
    Kings/Sharks will be the shortest series of the first round. No Kopitar or Williams for the Kings up front means they will have to be flawless defensively to keep up.

And the Ducks have one of the hottest teams in the league and a Hart Trophy candidate in Corey Perry. I think they beat the Preds.

Chicago doesn't have Byfulgien or Eager anymore to make Luongo miserable. Unless Tomas Kopecky has a growth spurt or something, he's not going to be enough. I think Vancouver overcomes the mental edge Chicago might have and beats them in 6 or 7.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I can see chicago taking out vancouver

for the west I see chicago winning, wings, predators, and for kings and sharks it's up in the air but I think the sharks will win
    Kings/Sharks will be the shortest series of the first round. No Kopitar or Williams for the Kings up front means they will have to be flawless defensively to keep up.

And the Ducks have one of the hottest teams in the league and a Hart Trophy candidate in Corey Perry. I think they beat the Preds.

Chicago doesn't have Byfulgien or Eager anymore to make Luongo miserable. Unless Tomas Kopecky has a growth spurt or something, he's not going to be enough. I think Vancouver overcomes the mental edge Chicago might have and beats them in 6 or 7.
    Thats where they will also miss Brouwer, if he isn't back by then, but hopefully Bickell and Dowell can fill that roll and Kopecky has done pretty well in front of the net also.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited April 2011
    my predictions...

Rangers over Caps
    Flyers over Sabres
    Bruins over Canadiens
    Lighting over Penguins
    ----------------------
    Canucks over Blackhawks
    Sharks over Kings
    Redwings over Coyotes
    Predators over Ducks
    ----------------------
    Flyers over Rangers
    Bruins over Lighting
    ----------------------
    Predators over Canucks
    Sharks over Redwings
    ----------------------
    Flyers over Bruins
    ----------------------
    Sharks over Preadators
    ----------------------
    Flyers over Sharks B-)

butts don't nead to get hurt, I'm doing this just for fun and its just my opinion. I'd like to see everyone elses predictions too, now that we know who's in! post your predictions...
    Actually The Red WIng website said something similar on Friday night. It was like "Dear Dallas Stars,.......sorry" or something like that. lol
    for what it's worth (which is nothing lol) here are my playoff predictions:

Caps over Rags in 6
    Flyers over Sabres in 5
    Habs over Bruins in 7
    Lighning over Pens in 6

Preds over Ducks in 7
    Wings over Coyotes in 5
    Sharks over Kings in 5
    Canucks over Hawks in 6

the teams I would like to see win are Wash, Buff, Bruins, Bolts, Preds, Coyotes, Kings, Hawks.

Trophy predictions are the same as Bob MacKenzie of TSN:
    Hart: Perry
    Norris: Weber
    Calder: Skinner
    Selke: Kesler
    Lady Byng: St. Louis
    Vezina: Thomas
    Jack Adams: Dan Bylsma

I still think Grabner had a better season than Skinner, but at 18 years old, the year he had gets Skinner the Calder.
    Rob? y u no post stanley cup winner predictions?
    edited April 2011
    Rob? y u no post stanley cup winner predictions?
    I was just gonna do it on a round by round basis as the playoffs went along, but okay I'll give my Cup predictions.

Flyers against Vancouver in the finals.

Sorry George.

Vancouver wins in 7.

Btw you have fun Saturday night? Scoring 7 goals is a good way to head into the playoffs lol
    If the Flyers get knocked out, it's going to be before the finals. If they make it all the way there again, noway they lose [-X

I dont think the canucks are going to make it that far. Theyre the caps of last year, everyone is putting high expectations on them. Detroit, CHicago, Nashville, Anaheim, San Jose imo... all have what it takes to knock them out. Where as I look at the East, theres only one team I think has a chance to knockout the Flyers and I refuse to say their name cause it isn't happening [-(

Caps over Rangers in 5
    Flyers over Sabres in 6
    Bruins over the habs in 5
    Lighning over Pens in 7

Preds over Ducks in 6
    coyotes over Wings in 6
    Sharks over Kings in 6
    Hawks over canucks in 7

Bruins over Flyers in 7
    Caps over Lightning in 6

hawks over sharks in 7
    preds over coyotes in 6

bruins over caps in 6
    hawks over preds in 7

bruins over hawks in 6

If the Flyers get knocked out, it's going to be before the finals. If they make it all the way there again, noway they lose [-X

I dont think the canucks are going to make it that far. Theyre the caps of last year, everyone is putting high expectations on them. Detroit, CHicago, Nashville, Anaheim, San Jose imo... all have what it takes to knock them out. Where as I look at the East, theres only one team I think has a chance to knockout the Flyers and I refuse to say their name cause it isn't happening [-(

The Bruins? lmao
    redemption....
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    washington over rangers in 4 games - Ovi has something to prove this year and after a lackluster season i think he will light it up

philly over buffalo in 6 games- even with the last few weeks being pretty terrible for the flyers they had way too good of a year to go out in the first, but never underestimate ryan miller

montreal over boston in 7 games - battle of the tenders unless pricey crumbles under the pressure, than boston in 5

tampa bay over pittsburgh in 5 games - no crosby = no chance, sorry pens but i hate you anyways

vancouver over chicago in 5 games - nows the time for the nucks to silence the doubters they have the talent and they have the depth. bring lord stanleys cup back to canada

san jose over las angeles in 7 - L.A. shouldnt even have a chance without kopitar & williams but they do have doughty. but this is san jose we're talking about joe thorton who? so it could go either way

detroit over phoenix in 6 games - fuck you red wings, you know teams are suppose to miss the playoffs once in awhile. looking forward to seeing bryz in an avs uniform next season :D

nashville over anaheim in 7 games - Rinne will get it done and the preds will be the upset of the first round

sold out crowd to watch game 7 in Boston on TV... Philly fans FTW \m/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOhJLXrrAR8&feature=related