Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Michael moore FTW

Comments

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Why should the rich be penalized? Because they get tax cuts, we don't. They're the ones who get things handed to them and have it easier because they have more money. This country is nothing but greed and the more money you have, the more the government likes you and gives you some breaks. It's just how it is and its bullshit.

Really? I got the tax breaks and so did every working American. Remember the 400.00 checks the Bush administration sent out to everyone? Obama cut everyone's payroll taxes as soon as he got into office. Remember?
  • JeffJeff Posts: 1,164 just the tip
    Why should the rich be penalized? Because they get tax cuts, we don't. They're the ones who get things handed to them and have it easier because they have more money. This country is nothing but greed and the more money you have, the more the government likes you and gives you some breaks. It's just how it is and its bullshit.

Nobody should have anything handed to them. Hell my dad gets 800+ a month from social security and 1500+ a month for disability. the reason he is disabled is cause he did a fuck ton of heroin in his life and his liver is shot. he dosnt deserve any of the money. but he still gets it.

People who are too fat to walk get disability too. I'll admit im a fat fuck but come on..thats rediculous to not be able to walk yet still get hundreds a month.

Food stamps too. my mom gets em but she needs em. we have 4 people living here and only me and her work and neither of us make a lot. she works her ass off too. she deserves em.

but people that get em just cause they can even if they dont deserve em should get a swift kick to the dick.

government benefits for the poor(medical, welfare, food stamps(depending on the situation), social security, Disability(again,, depending on the situation) should all be taken away. the nations debt would lower a lot if that happened.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    And dont you hate moore cause he said something about troops and you served or something(vague memory, probably wrong)?
    yes, he's always been anti troops. thats why i am a bit shocked Shane is a fan...most people that have served hate him

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I don't see me as jealous...sooo
    imageimage

the lower classes get the cuts too but the rich don't need them at all. raising the taxes for the rich is a way for the government to start generating more revenue. eventually raising the taxes for the lower classes would be the next step later down the road. I don't see how no one understands that.

They already pay a much higher percentage than the working class. We pay around 18% or so and they are paying around 28% or so.
    That's only 10% more. How about 20 or 30% instead?
    imageimage
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    Anyone ever read The Social Contract?
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    because we live in capitalist america and they usually EARNED there money though hard work and dedication. you work towards what you want. it shouldnt be handed to people.
    And dont you hate moore cause he said something about troops and you served or something(vague memory, probably wrong)?
    yes, he's always been anti troops. thats why i am a bit shocked Shane is a fan...most people that have served hate him

Most people dont hate him. im sure a big chunk too, maybe most but barely if that...if you understand what im attempting to say.

and he's not anti troops, he's anti war. He goes to rallies and shit to bring the troops home. Im sure he dosnt like the troops that want to stay or join just to kill people(and there is plenty of those) but he's not anti troops at all.
    because we live in capitalist america and they usually EARNED there money though hard work and dedication. you work towards what you want. it shouldnt be handed to people.

This man gets it. I EARNED everything I have. Never has Fedzilla given me anything.
    This is why I hate arguing this shit. Tax the rich people more is what I said up there. It's almost like no matter what this country does its impossible to fix it. The government runs on greed, its obvious. And sure there's people out there that are using the system to their benefit. Some people actually lie to get disability which is bullshit. That fucks over the people that actually need it like my mom. She only gets 830 a month and my dad doesn't work. Why he doesn't get off his fucking ass passes me off, he just wants to milk the government of the damn unemployment bullshit and its so frustrating.
    imageimage
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    for the people that hate Moore and say that everything he says is bullshit please explain to me where these conclusions came from and evidence to support it. i really don't know much about him or his views but from what i've seen he seems like he does the research to back up his opinions
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    I watched "Capitalism: A Love Story" just the other day lol.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    This is why I hate arguing this shit. Tax the rich people more is what I said up there. It's almost like no matter what this country does its impossible to fix it. The government runs on greed, its obvious. And sure there's people out there that are using the system to their benefit. Some people actually lie to get disability which is bullshit. That fucks over the people that actually need it like my mom. She only gets 830 a month and my dad doesn't work. Why he doesn't get off his fucking ass passes me off, he just wants to milk the government of the damn unemployment bullshit and its so frustrating.
    It's okay, once north korea nukes south korea there will be and end game. ALL OUT NUCLEAR WAR! and no government will be strong enough to stay together. Now we just need a black guy to memorize the bible.

Bowling for Columbine was really good and made a lot of good points imo.
    imageimage
    edited December 2010
    for the people that hate Moore and say that everything he says is bullshit please explain to me where these conclusions came from and evidence to support it. i really don't know much about him or his views but from what i've seen he seems like he does the research to back up his opinions

i actually thought after watching most his documentaries that he skews his research in his favor, like covering stories for his side only and not taking in all the issues of the subject, especially in bowling for columbine
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip

i actually thought after watching most his documentaries that he skews his research in his favor, like covering stories for his side only and not taking in all the issues of the subject, especially in bowling for columbine
    Doesn't every "reporter" do that? Isn't that what they're trained to do.

I just like that Moore looks at the side of the story that most people don't look at. If someone were to write a movie/book/article with ALL the relevant information people wouldn't read it because it wouldn't be interesting enough. It happens all the time on here "I'm not reading that someone tell me what it says" and you get their opinion on what it says.

For a second I thought you where talking about FOX news.

Doesn't every "reporter" do that? Isn't that what they're trained to do.

I just like that Moore looks at the side of the story that most people don't look at. If someone were to write a movie/book/article with ALL the relevant information people wouldn't read it because it wouldn't be interesting enough. It happens all the time on here "I'm not reading that someone tell me what it says" and you get their opinion on what it says.
    lol julian,yes alot of journalists do do that and thats what makes them bad journalists, including moore. a good documentarian should try and show the truth of situations instead of trying to push it one way or another in your favor. i will def. agree there is a lack of people who do this but that doesnt make moore good, you know what i mean?

For a second I thought you where talking about FOX news.
    fox news def does it too. most people in the media, left or right, cannot tell news or events fairly to save there lives