Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

What should I do?

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    and erik isn't all that bad at drums either, if he keeps it up years down the road he could possibly get in a band that gets signed. now this isn't something you want to make a first priority but its not unobtainable
    Honestly, I'm not so focused on making it with a band anymore. Even if given the opportunity, I'm not entirely sure if I'd take it. First of all, Snakes are just as big of a part of my life as Music now, and I'm not sure if I could deal with getting rid of them and not having them. Plus, you lose EVERYTHING to be out on the road. I don't have much, or have millions of friends and shit, but I'm not entirely sure if I'd be willing to do that. And you live on Ramen for so long before any even DECENT money happens. Even all these popular bands don't have shit. Emmure, Veil Of Maya, Winds Of Plague, Etc. They're not making much at all. And unless you wanna sell yourself out and ride the trend to make more money, you'll never be huge. I want to be in a band, but honestly, I'd prefer to be local with only 50 fans making Music I truly love myself and that I'm proud of.

Even Oli has said that shit. And he's making a pretty penny.

But he said "We lost everything for this. All our friends, family, relationships, social life, being home for holidays, everything.".
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    That's partly what I found so interesting about The Haunted's "Road Kill" DVD. It focused on the shitty side of touring that nobody really considers. They rarely ever showed anything somewhat glamorous.
    I love winning with women
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Granted, they aren't nearly as popular as BMTH, but it just goes to show the kind of stuff you have to be willing to give up. Their old singer, Marco (who did vox on Made Me Do It and OKW) couldn't handle it for those exact reasons, which is why he called it quits.
    I love winning with women
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    It's not for everybody I think I would enjoy it if given the chance.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Hey I never said college is the only way to succeed, it most certainly isn't for everyone and sure as hell isn't the only way to secure a good job but for someone like Erik what other route does he have going for him? I don't think he's gonna strike it big as a rock star, although he may get the whole doing drugs thing down pretty well.
    Don't be an asshole. For one you don't really know Erik and you don't know what his work ethic will be like once he actually starts working. I was a lazy bastard in highschool failed all but one of my classes one year. I got my shit together, graduated and now have a good paying job while most are struggling.
    I'll change my mind once he learns to get over his ridiculous prejudices.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    He's a stupid kid he will learn that with time.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I sure hope so cause honestly out of all the dumb shit he says, that's the only thing that I legitimately don't like about him.

inb4problem?
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    I sure hope so cause honestly out of all the dumb shit he says, that's the only thing that I legitimately don't like about him.

inb4problem?

Touche, good sir.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    Page
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    Damn you I had a plan goin and ya ruined it
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
    But I'll forgive ya since yer a fellow broncos fan
    eh thats the first page ive called in this game...

and yeah lol.
    edited November 2010
    How bout dem broncos?
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    What does triggering do exactly? Doesn't it make the drums crisper and clearer?