Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    AOL's Noisecreep recently conducted an interview with bassist/vocalist David Vincent of Florida-based extreme metal veterans MORBID ANGEL. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

On the band's new album, "Illud Divinum Insanus", which marks the group's first release to feature Vincent since 1995's "Domination":

"It's awesome, absolutely awesome. I just want the damn thing out, but it's hurry up and wait. That's the story of the business. I wish it was out immediately. We are doing special packaging for it, and that doesn't help my anxiety of wanting to get it out."

"We have grown out of the moniker of death metal. We call ourselves extreme music," he said. "There are too many boxes to put it in — so many descriptors! We play extreme music and it encompasses everything from incredibly fast and articulate fretboard gymnastics to the sickest, most moaning of riffs, to the usual things we do. We take it for a twist."

"We made a masterpiece. I am going to call it that. There is not one bad track on this record. Of course I am going to say that, but I don't normally say such things. It is very unique and very diverse. We didn't go through the normal channels with production, so it's that's much more special because of the decisions we made."
    YES WANT \m/
    I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO LISTEN TO ANY DEFTONES SINCE AROUND THE FUR
    Listen to White Pony and Diamond Eyes nao.
    I TRIED TO LISTEN TO PONY WHEN IT CAME OUT AND I WAS UNIMPRESSED

PERHAPS I SHOULD GIVE IT ANOTHER CHANCE
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Earth Crisis is still around?

Also, I heard Moonlight Equilibrium and wasn't too impressed. Sounds like every other BDM song.....the production is cool, though.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG

Also, I heard Moonlight Equilibrium and wasn't too impressed. Sounds like every other BDM song.....the production is cool, though.
    I LIKE MY BDM SOUNDING LIKE BDM

True, but I like when they try and progress. Deflorate was a good step forward, but Moonlight Equilibrium sounds like a b-side off of Nocturnal.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG

True, but I like when they try and progress. Deflorate was a good step forward, but Moonlight Equilibrium sounds like a b-side off of Nocturnal.
    I AM EXCITED TO HEAR IT BUT I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I loved the last BDM album i hope the new one is as good if not better.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    New Novembers Doom out in about a week...Just listened to the samples on itunes, sounds pretty good so far
    image Photobucket
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I was in a live chat earlier with Brent and Zach from Shinedown ....they have about 17 songs demoed and are looking to get a few more down before they record.....so they'll probably have it done by the end of the year.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Megadeth started recording their new album yesterday. Andy Sneap won't be producing this one, it seems.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I loved the last BDM album i hope the new one is as good if not better.
    This
    Megadeth started recording their new album yesterday.
    =P~
    Andy Sneap won't be producing this one, it seems.
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaay
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaay
    He was going to produce it, but he had some other commitments with his own band.
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaay
    He was going to produce it, but he had some other commitments with his own band.
    Sabbat \m/
    I believe it was Hell....lol.
    Lame.

But cool he joined the inspiration behind Sabbat
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Megadeth started recording their new album yesterday. Andy Sneap won't be producing this one, it seems.
    MEGADETH!!!! \m/ \m/ \m/
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I thought they already started?.... Maybe I'm confusing writing with recording, but a month ago I think I read something about them being almost done. Probably writing....
  • DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    im just very excited for the new Dream Theater album \m/ whenever thatll be...
    cant wait to hear what Mangini brings to the band :)