Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Welp. I pulled a Catz.... >_>
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Lay off the wee.......nevermind...
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Meanwhile, drums will be recorded with Daniel Bergstrand (Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir), who will also handle mixing duties.
    What the fuck happened to Krimh?
    FUCK YEA LAZARUS AD!!
    I though we were friends :(
    u no like Lazarus AD?
    They suck. Here's my text impression of their vocalist: "RENNE NOI YEW CAAYNT DENOIIIIIIIIII"

nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    its almost time
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Bleh.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Spineshank have titled their new album Anger Denial Acceptance. The release is expected out later this year. (from SMN)

About fucking time. When I spoke to Johnny at the Halloween show in 09, he said it would be out in January (of last year).
    I love winning with women
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    edited January 2011

Polish technical death metal band Decapitated will be entering RG Studio in Gdansk, Poland on February 9th to begin recording their fifth studio album.

The new, yet-to-be-titled release will be produced by Wacek Kieltyka and engineered by Malta Arkadiusz Malczewski. Meanwhile, drums will be recorded with Daniel Bergstrand (Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir), who will also handle mixing duties.

A mid-year release via Nuclear Blast Records is expected.
    I WOULD be jizzing all over the place right now, lolz, but I'm a scene kid now so I don't like good metal
    :-)
    Finally you admit it
    FUCK YES!!!!

Revocation are currently recording their new as-yet-untitled full-length album at Damage Studios in Southbridge, Massachusetts with engineer Pete Rutcho. The follow-up to the band's break-through Relapse Records debut Existence Is Futile is expected to see its release in summer 2011. Revocation (David Davidson: guitar/vocals, Anthony Buda: bass/vocals, Phil Dubois: drums, Dan Gargiulo: guitar/vocals) began the tracking process after their fall tour with Despised Icon and Misery Index.

David Davidson recently checked in from Damage Studios with the following: "We are currently wrapping up the recording process for our 3rd studio album and we firmly believe that this is our strongest material to date. The songs on the new release are incredibly varied and all have the own character. They range from technical thrash to groove laden death metal, there's even a song with a full horn section this time around. We can't wait for people to check it out!"
    ANOTHER FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!

Swedish metallers THE HAUNTED will release their seventh studio album, "Unseen", in late March via Century Media Records. The CD was once again recorded with longtime producer Tue Madsen (MOONSPELL, DARK TRANQUILLITY, GOREFEST, SICK OF IT ALL) at his Antfarm Studio in Århus, Denmark.

Regarding the "Unseen" cover artwork, which can be seen below, THE HAUNTED said, "The artwork design was made by our friend Frode, who also did the art for [2004's] 'rEVOLVEr'. We really like his design aesthetic, and he seems to come up with something unique every single time."

"Unseen" track listing:

01. Never Better
    02. No Ghost
    03. Catch 22
    04. Disappear
    05. Motionless
    06. Unseen
    07. The Skull
    08. Ocean Park
    09. The City
    10. Them
    11. All Ends Well
    12. Done

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    FUCK YES!!!!

Revocation are currently recording their new as-yet-untitled full-length album at Damage Studios in Southbridge, Massachusetts with engineer Pete Rutcho. The follow-up to the band's break-through Relapse Records debut Existence Is Futile is expected to see its release in summer 2011. Revocation (David Davidson: guitar/vocals, Anthony Buda: bass/vocals, Phil Dubois: drums, Dan Gargiulo: guitar/vocals) began the tracking process after their fall tour with Despised Icon and Misery Index.

David Davidson recently checked in from Damage Studios with the following: "We are currently wrapping up the recording process for our 3rd studio album and we firmly believe that this is our strongest material to date. The songs on the new release are incredibly varied and all have the own character. They range from technical thrash to groove laden death metal, there's even a song with a full horn section this time around. We can't wait for people to check it out!"
    mmm Revocation
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Fuck yeah Revocation and The Haunted rule.
    During a brand new interview with DJ JC Green of Metal Messiah Radio's "Heavy Metal Thunder" show, vocalist Russell Allen of New Jersey's progressive metal masters SYMPHONY X revealed that the band has set "Iconoclast" as the title of its eighth album, due later this year via Nuclear Blast Records.

When asked what stage of the recording/mixing process the new CD is in, Allen replied, "We are in post-production, so the album is pretty much almost done. At this point, mixes are being wrapped up and finalized and it's off to mastering and should be ready for release in a few months — definitely first quarter of 2011. We've got the artworks all done, we're taking pictures next week... all that good stuff. So everything's on track for release pretty soon."

Regarding the sound of "Iconoclast" and how it compares to that of 2007's "Paradise Lost", Russell said, "Sonically, it's in the realm of that one in a way, in terms of the sound of things; the guitar sound is a little different. Basically, the album is pretty intense — probably the most intense record we've ever done; it's chock-full of riffs — tons of great riffs. It's heavy, the music, but the singing is very melodic in terms of its... the choruses are real strong, the verses are real strong, but I'm singing aggressively — a lot of that going on — 'cause the topic is, again, very dark; you know, that's what we do. So the album's very powerful. And, of course, we do have one song that's like a little mini-epic, so to speak, and it's the lightest — a light, light, light song. So there is a contrast on the record of that one song that has that sort of 'Paradise Lost' feel to it; it's a ballad, I guess, if you wanna call it that."
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    SYMPHONY X! \m/
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    It's about damn time too....
  • Warrior_YohnWarrior_Yohn Posts: 473 juggalo
    edited January 2011
    Deicide, Darkest Hour, Morbid Angel, Septic Flesh, CoB, Trivium, Devin Townsend are all supposed to drop new albums this year.

Rumored albums: Megadeth, The kovenant(Nagash told me this year but they've been promising it for 4 years now so who knows), Pain, so on, so forth.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo