Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• Hybrid69Hybrid69 Posts: 165 juggalo

Hell yes Worship Music was in top 3 Anthrax albums I think, and seeing as how all these old school thrash bands keep hammering out badass new albums looks like Anthrax's will be awesome. Testament, Anthrax, Kreator, Overkill, Death Angel, Sodom's last few have been great. Just no Megadeth's..............................................

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,667 spicy boy
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah I fucking loved the shit outta Worship and all those other bands you listed. Megadeth is wierd. They came back from hiatus with two great albums (System has Failed and United Abominations), then a modern day fucking classic with Endgame. TH1RT3EN was good too but a couple filler tracks. Then Super Failure was just...no lol Forget to Remember was okay and Kingmaker was awesome but thats it. 

Th1rte3n was pretty cool but the tracks that sucked really fuckin' sucked. Dance In The Rain was & Kingmaker were the only good ones on supercollider that I thought were anything worth a damn but rumor is their next album next year will be a major comeback, they are working with Max Norman same guy who produced Rust & Countdown. Also there's a rumor going around online that Dave's gonna fire Shawn & Chris and that Marty & Nick are returning.  

That would be retarded. Shawn and Chris have been loyal and they're both pretty good players. Dave would just be being an asshole. Marty is awesome but Menza was a douche. 

Cant wait for the next album though. Love Megadeth. 2 screw up albums ain't too bad. Shit I wouldn't even count Risk as a screw up. Just an experiment gone bad. Still a few decent tunes on it. 

Lol I don't want to pull a Gtsd here or anything but my Uncle works for the label Megadeth is signed too and said that "firing rumor", also said Megadeth are touring a co-headline tour with Marilyn Manson across the states in early 2015, don't know if there's any truth to it but that'd be a strange ass tour combo.  

lol HybridtheShowerDemon? I can't wait to see Megadeth again. Been like 3 years. Don't really care for Manso but whatever. I can believe the tour since they took a break from major U.S. tours this year and Manson has said he is touring with a "high profile band" in 2015. Thats pretty badass about your uncle. See if he can get me and original copy of the Killing is my Business album cover lol 

I don't know man some of the shit he's said has been hit or miss, sometimes it turns out correct but sometimes it doesn't. The tour does seem realistic based on both bands' current situations but Dave getting rid of Shawn & Chris makes ZERO sense.  

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies

Megadeth's last 4 albums (not including endgame) sucked. Worship Music was good but not amazing, I couldn't even take a new metallica or slayer album seriously at this point.

Testament and Death Angel are the ones making the best modern thrash albums. 

inb4lists
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers

United Abominations > Endgame
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy

yea United Abominations in no way sucked. I can understand the albums after, but UA nah. 

Do You Like Hurting Other People?

And Overkill's two latest were better than Testament's latest imo. As far as old bands go. 

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy

The only thrash band that matters anymore is Vektor

Havok are okay. 

inb4lists

And Overkill's two latest were better than Testament's latest imo. As far as old bands go. 

I liked Ironbound a lot, their Electric age one was ok.

I really liked Testament's newest album, though. 

inb4lists

Excitement has been growing since WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM announced the unexpected release of Celestite, an instrumental, experimental companion record to 2011's Celestial Lineage.

Celestite sees the band take a deeper excursion into the crystalline synthesizer-driven domains that have long intrigued them. With the aid of producer Randall Dunn, the band unearthed a hidden soundscape that is only loosely tethered to their familiar sound, yet is still unmistakably the work ofWOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM. We are pleased to confirm the North American release date forCelestite as July 8th, 2014, marking the maiden release on the band's new label, Artemisia Records, which will be their outlet for future recordings. The cover art and track listing for the album have now been revealed.

Celestite Track Listing:

1. Turning Ever Towards The Sun

2. Initiation at Neudeg Alm

3. Bridge of Leaves

4. Celestite Mirror

5. Sleeping Golden Storm

Additional information on the creation of the album as well as audio samples will be released in the coming weeks.

inb4lists
    edited April 2014

Havok are okay. 

Havok is kinda meh. Warbeast, and Vektor are the top thrash bands at the moment. I like Warbringer, Toxic Holocaust, Evile, Lich King, Diamond Plate, and all those bands as well. But they're more straightfoward and typical thrash stuff. Havok and Lazarus AD are probably my least fav of the nu thrash scene. I don't hate them, but they haven't grabbed me as much yet. 

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

do Laz AD even exist anymore?

Havok are okay. 

Havok is kinda meh. Warbeast, and Vektor are the top thrash bands at the moment. I like Warbringer, Toxic Holocaust, Evile, Lich King, Diamond Plate, and all those bands as well. But they're more straightfoward and typical thrash stuff. Havok and Lazarus AD are probably my least fav of the nu thrash scene. I don't hate them, but they haven't grabbed me as much yet. 

Are Evile and Diamond Plate even still doing anything?

I don't care much for Havok on CD, but they rule live. Like I said they're "okay". 

inb4lists