Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    There is a lot of shitty band's out today that use stupid song names. That's probally why your a little worried about the song titles but good for us it's mastodon so it will be great.
    There is a lot of shitty band's out today that use stupid song names. That's probally why your a little worried about the song titles but good for us it's mastodon so it will be great.
    Percisely. That's why I was a tad worried. But it's Mastodon, so I'm sure everything will be good in the hood
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I need to hear some new mastodon soon \m/
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I hope it's a core album
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I hope it's a core album
    Troll in the dungeon
    I think it would be funny
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    [-( [-X :-W b-(
    :-(
    Don't mess with me and my Mastodon.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Mastocore = $

But I refuse to believe that this will happen.
    I love winning with women
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited June 2011
    I wouldn't say any of their previous song titles are weird by any means. And if you do consider them weird, they're not as weird as "The Octopus Has No Friends" and "Stargasm".
    Blood Mountain and Remission had some interesting song names...

Overall you're reading too much into it. And if it's indeed a concept as has been suggested, the titles merely fit that concept.
    Post edited by JLRedWing13 on
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It will be good. I believe in Mastodon.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    It will be good. I believe in Mastodon.
    I wouldn't say any of their previous song titles are weird by any means. And if you do consider them weird, they're not as weird as "The Octopus Has No Friends" and "Stargasm".

Overall you're reading too much into it. And if it's indeed a concept as has been suggested, the titles merely fit that concept.
    I've heard that it's not much of a concept album this time around. And what song titles are you reffering to on Remission and Blood Mountain?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies

I've heard that it's not much of a concept album this time around. And what song titles are you reffering to on Remission and Blood Mountain?
    They haven't said anything about it not being a concept album, and somebody on facebook pointed out that the concept may be related to Boba Fett. Strange song titles beforehand are "Mother Puncher" and "Naked Burn". I'm sure if you saw those titles before hearing the songs you'd think they'd be a bit weird.

And on an unrelated note: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-qY1wmOPL0

They haven't said anything about it not being a concept album, and somebody on facebook pointed out that the concept may be related to Boba Fett. Strange song titles beforehand are "Mother Puncher" and "Naked Burn". I'm sure if you saw those titles before hearing the songs you'd think they'd be a bit weird.

And on an unrelated note: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-qY1wmOPL0
    Well in an recent interview I watched, Brann said that it's not going to be a concept album in the likes of Crack the Skye or Leviathan, but there is a vague concept aroudn the whole album. And Boba Fett? WTF?
    edited June 2011
    LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - 06/13/11) - Multi-platinum, Grammy Award-winning rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers have announced the full track-listing for their upcoming tenth studio album, I'm With You, which will be released by Warner Bros. Records on August 30th, 2011. It is as follows:

1. Monarchy of Roses
    2. Factory of Faith
    3. Brendan's Death Song
    4. Ethiopia
    5. Annie Wants a Baby
    6. Look Around
    7. The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie
    8. Did I Let You Know
    9. Goodbye Hooray
    10. Happiness Loves Company
    11. Police Station
    12. Even You Brutus?
    13. Meet Me at the Corner
    14. Dance, Dance, Dance

I also read they will tour the US next year as opposed to late this year. The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie is the first single.
    \m/

Any word on when the first single is released?
    Not that I can find.