Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Official Motorsports Thread (Insert updated thread title here)

Comments

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    DW is a beast, I forgot about him because everyone who won in the 80's was good in their own way, while we are on that might as well say Bill Elliot, when he didn't crash he won, and imagine if Tim Richmond had lived 20 more years.
    Or Davey Allison or Rob Moroso.
    Bill Elliot was/is a family friend. His brother, Ernie, built engines for all types of racers, my uncles included.

• Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    DW is a beast, I forgot about him because everyone who won in the 80's was good in their own way, while we are on that might as well say Bill Elliot, when he didn't crash he won, and imagine if Tim Richmond had lived 20 more years.
    Bill Elliot was/is a family friend. His brother, Ernie, built engines for all types of racers, my uncles included.

Damn, you are right, can you imagine if Dick Hutcherson would have gone full time, or if Curtis Turner wouldn't have been banned for life.

Damn, you are right, can you imagine if Dick Hutcherson would have gone full time, or if Curtis Turner wouldn't have been banned for life.

Aaron Fike. Super talented. Got caught shooting dope in the Disney World parking lot. Banned for life. Sad. His father owns several nursing homes that we sell insurance to. He was devastated by his son's behavior. I don't understand why all these athletes have to fuck up as soon as they get a little money. Sad really.
    So many young talented racers careers are cut short for dumb shit like that, look at Shane Hmeil. But deaths are even worse, imagine how awesome Blaze Alexander could have been if Shawna Robinson didn't kill him.
    So many young talented racers careers are cut short for dumb shit like that, look at Shane Hmeil. But deaths are even worse, imagine how awesome Blaze Alexander could have been if Shawna Robinson didn't kill him.

Word. They have vastly improved all the safety shit over the last ten years though. I'm a little disappointed that NASCAR decided to slow them down this weekend though. Mikey Waltrip hitting 206 mph in the Shootout didn't help either.

Word. They have vastly improved all the safety shit over the last ten years though. I'm a little disappointed that NASCAR decided to slow them down this weekend though. Mikey Waltrip hitting 206 mph in the Shootout didn't help either.
    God damn, they haven't hit those speeds since 87, that is insane.
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    Nationwide cars in practice last night hit 202. Once the temperatures go up you wont see those speeds. Sunday there wont be as much 2-car draft stuff. Too hot to do it. It will look like Dega. Do it for a few laps, but mainly pack racing. I can garauntee it.

Harvick for the 500 and championship. Going to July NHMS race, and October Dover race.
    Nationwide cars in practice last night hit 202. Once the temperatures go up you wont see those speeds. Sunday there wont be as much 2-car draft stuff. Too hot to do it. It will look like Dega. Do it for a few laps, but mainly pack racing. I can garauntee it.

Harvick for the 500 and championship. Going to July NHMS race, and October Dover race.

Yeah, NASCAR has already taken stepd to avoid the two car packs by decreasing the size of two of the air intakes on the front of the car. Run for very long in a two car pack and you'll overheat. They also gave 'em a new restrictor plate to slow 'em down.

29 ALL THE WAY, bro. Now that he's got the best sponsor in NASCAR, we need some results. This whole chase format fuct him over last year. Now there's a whole new points system. WTF

Yeah, NASCAR has already taken stepd to avoid the two car packs by decreasing the size of two of the air intakes on the front of the car. Run for very long in a two car pack and you'll overheat. They also gave 'em a new restrictor plate to slow 'em down.

29 ALL THE WAY, bro. Now that he's got the best sponsor in NASCAR, we need some results. This whole chase format fuct him over last year. Now there's a whole new points system. WTF
    It's not really completely new. It's just simplified. It will basically work the same exact way the other one did except the points increments will looks closer. I just wish the one change they would have made is a 10 or 20 point bonus to whoever leads the points after race 26. But, oh well.

I can only watcch duel race 1 today. Should be fun. Always is. Gonna be a great weekend. One of my favorite weekends of the whole year.
    . Gonna be a great weekend. One of my favorite weekends of the whole year.

Hell of a lot better for me than the Super Bowl or World Series. Daytona, Dega, Bristol, and Atlanta are among my faves. Gonna try and hit the Chicago weekend this year.
    Exactly. People talk about the Super Bowl like it should be a holiday. I'm like Who gives a fuck? It's the Stanley Cup and the Daytona 500 all I care about.

My faves: Daytona, Dega, Bristol, Charlotte, and Dover.

I love Phoenix too, but after the race 2nd week of season, they are gonna reconfigure the track. Which I'm not a big fan of.
    I can't make it to any Nascar races this year, I am going to have to wait for Formula One in 2012.

Literally 2 miles from my house.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I should be going to the Indy race here in Texas, those are always fun.
    I can't make it to any Nascar races this year, I am going to have to wait for Formula One in 2012.

Texas right? I think that was where they settled on. Can't remember though.

Dual race 1 was very interesting. A lot of 2x2 drafting as I figured. Some overheating problems. Kurt Busch wins. Regan Smith 2nd.
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    I wasn't comparing Kyle Petty and Dale Jr to thier fathers. I was comparing Kyle and Dale Jr to each other by saying they are livinig off of their dads name. Neither of them are great drivers in my opinion.

I actually like Dale Jr and I want him to do well though.

Go Harvick!!!

:o)
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.

Texas right? I think that was where they settled on. Can't remember though.

Dual race 1 was very interesting. A lot of 2x2 drafting as I figured. Some overheating problems. Kurt Busch wins. Regan Smith 2nd.

Damnnit!! Why you posting spoilers without warning? I was planning on watching the replay later after work. No need to watch the first one now.

Was Harvick in the first one or second? I don't remember
  • GuruGuru Posts: 2,089 juggalo
    We go to the Ford 400 at the Homestead Miami Speedway every November. This is the first year I missed the Gatorade Duel in a long damn time. 8-X
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Dang totally forgot about the duels. At least I'll be able to catch the second one.
  • AndysbackAndysback Posts: 2,228 just the tip
    i hope jimmie johnson crashes into the lake :l
  • GuruGuru Posts: 2,089 juggalo
    i hope jimmie johnson crashes into the lake :l
    8-X