Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Official Motorsports Thread (Insert updated thread title here)

Comments

• Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    I wish Nascar still raced at North Wilksboro and Rockingham, both those tracks were cool.
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    I wish Nascar still raced at North Wilksboro and Rockingham, both those tracks were cool.
    I'm not old enough to actually remember them racing at North Wilkesboro eventhough I know they did when I was alive. Heard it was awesome, but it is now completely run down. The grandstands are completely destroyed too. I heard they are trying to ressurect the place, but I don't know how that is working out.

Rockingham would be great for them to go back to. The new owners have completely redone the place and ARCA has gone back there and it is getting good crowds. They also built a Martinsville-esque test track for the Cup teams to use.
    North Wilksboro is a sad case, it was a smalltown track ran by local people who ran out of money if I am right, sad if you think about it.
    North Wilksboro is a sad case, it was a smalltown track ran by local people who ran out of money if I am right, sad if you think about it.
    It is sad. Especially because the drivers loved racing there. Then again, what driver doesn't love running the short tracks lol
    I feel like compiling Nascar records and general motorsports records, so I will get back if I ever do that.
    I feel like compiling Nascar records and general motorsports records, so I will get back if I ever do that.
    Have fun! Here's some to start with:
    Daytona 500 from yesterday:
    74 lead changes (prev record was 64)
    16 cautions (prev record was 11. Track record was 13)
    Trevor Bayne is youngest to win 500 at 20 years 1 day old. Gordon held previous record at 25 years 100+days.

Good luck lol
    Well, I have a weird one.

Jocko Flocko became the first and only co-winner of a race, and also became the first and only non human to win a race when on May 16, 1953 at Hickory Speedway Tim Flock rode to victory with the 10 pound Rhesus monkey in the passenger seat of his car.
    Well, I have a weird one.

Jocko Flocko became the first and only co-winner of a race, and also became the first and only non human to win a race when on May 16, 1953 at Hickory Speedway Tim Flock rode to victory with the 10 pound Rhesus monkey in the passenger seat of his car.
    Tim Flock was a crazy character lmao
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I have 4 bristol spring race tickets I am selling for 400 if anyone is interested. You get the nationwide and cup race with that.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    15 minutes into his first Cup practice session after winning the Daytona 500, Trevor Bayne blows a tire and destroys the right side of his car. He is headed to a backup car.
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    I have 4 bristol spring race tickets I am selling for 400 if anyone is interested. You get the nationwide and cup race with that.
    Where are the tix located, Ape?
    Section 1 row 59.

They are 5 dollars below face value on each pair of tickets. (1 nationwide 1 cup = pair. I have 4 pair so 8 total)

If I remember correctly it is in turn 2. 59 seems forever away but you have a great view of everything. You can see directly down backstretch pits and can see start finish line clearly.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Section 1 row 59.

They are 5 dollars below face value on each pair of tickets. (1 nationwide 1 cup = pair. I have 4 pair so 8 total)

If I remember correctly it is in turn 2. 59 seems forever away but you have a great view of everything. You can see directly down backstretch pits and can see start finish line clearly.
    Everywhere at Bristol is an awesome view. I sat in the Yarborough Terrace section B which is the 2nd section out of turn 2 on the backstretch. Last row, right below the Earnhardt Terrace. I think I was in row 80 or something. But you still don't feel like you're a million miles away. It seems like you're right there. I love that track. If you were selling August tix I'd definitely be interested in them, but I cant make the spring race.

We bought the tickets for the fall race.
    I love twitter. Talking to Mark Morton of Lamb of God about the truck race tonight.
    I know I'm lat on this, but it has to be posted.

The 2011 Bahrain Grand Prix (formally the 2011 Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix) was scheduled to be the opening round for the 2011 Formula One season. Planned to be held on 13 March 2011 at the Bahrain International Circuit in Sakhir, Bahrain, it was postponed on 21 February 2011 due to local civil unrest.

On 16 February 2011, civil unrest broke out in Bahrain as part of a series of protests across North Africa and the Middle East. As a result of the unrest, medical staff due to attend the practice session in the Bahrain GP2 Asia Series race were redeployed to hospitals in Manama, forcing the cancellation of the Thursday practice session. Later that day, it was announced that the whole weekend would be cancelled at the request of the local motoring federation.
    Chief executive of the Bahrain Internation Circuit Prince Salman ibn Hamad ibn Isa Al Khalifa stated that everything possible would be done to ensure that the race went ahead. Bernie Ecclestone, CEO of Formula One Management and Formula One Administration, stated that he hoped that talks with Al Khalifa would ease his fears that the event might be cancelled. Vice President of the Bahrain Center for Human Rights Nabeel Rajab said that it would be hard to bring a quick end to the protests. Ecclestone stated that a decision on the race would be made by 23 February, saying that if the situation had not calmed down by then, the event would probably be cancelled. However, protesters were quoted stating that "the only reason" the Crown Prince was willing to talk with the protestors was for the sake of holding the race.
    On 21 February 2011, it was announced that the race had been postponed due to the ongoing protests and the championships rescheduled to begin in Australia.
    Poor trevor bayne wrecked himself
  • GuruGuru Posts: 2,089 juggalo
    Poor trevor bayne wrecked himself
    Poor guy. 8-X