Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Official Motorsports Thread (Insert updated thread title here)

Comments

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Congrats Trevor Bayne and Happy Birthday.

In all reality, the kid won the battle of attrition, but that being said, a win is win.

=D>
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Probably the most unexpected winner since Ward Burton.

Gah it hurts me say that the whiny bitch Ward Burton actually won a 500.
    Bayne wins Earnhardt Jr gets the spotlight.
  • GuruGuru Posts: 2,089 juggalo
    Fucking Stewart....
    Why I oughta... 8-X Good job Trevor! 8-X
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    I loved this race. It would have been so much better if 15 great cars weren't taken out on lap 29 though. They actually were pack racing before that and they were going to keep doing it too.

This was definitely NOT the worst Daytona 500. This was an excellent race. I can even say that after Harvick blew his engine too. Which really sucked.

Trevor Bayne winning was incredible. So happy for that kid.

On to Phoenix. You may hear some news this week about Phoenix being reconfigured by the way.
    Into a Road Course hopefully.
    Into a Road Course hopefully.
    No, they are gonna put more banking in and rework the dogleg on the backstretch. At least thatis what has been rumored.
    Geez, I want more road courses.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I only like Watkins glen. The other course gets very very boring at times
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    The problem is almost none of the road courses in America have seating the way Watkins Glen and Sonoma do. Not even Laguna Seca does. Road America has decent seating, but not great.
    I think at this point also, they are hesitant in moving the Cup series out of America. I'd love to see the Cup cars run in Montreal at Circuit Gilles Vilneuve (sp?) but I think that will be another 5 to 10 years down the line if the novelty of the Nationwide Series in Canada doesn't run out.

Also, what track do you drop for a road course? There is no way they expand the schedule. You will not see them go past 36 points races. So who do you drop? Personally, pocono loses 1, California all together, Michigan drops 1 also. Give a race to Iowa, and give a race to Montreal. Keep it at 35 points races. That's what I would do.
    Infineon is horrible for cup racing, it is much to narrow for the cars to be competitive on, I would like to see the Daytona Road course and possibly the Austin F1 track used.
    The problem is almost none of the road courses in America have seating the way Watkins Glen and Sonoma do. Not even Laguna Seca does. Road America has decent seating, but not great.
    I think at this point also, they are hesitant in moving the Cup series out of America. I'd love to see the Cup cars run in Montreal at Circuit Gilles Vilneuve (sp?) but I think that will be another 5 to 10 years down the line if the novelty of the Nationwide Series in Canada doesn't run out.

Also, what track do you drop for a road course? There is no way they expand the schedule. You will not see them go past 36 points races. So who do you drop? Personally, pocono loses 1, California all together, Michigan drops 1 also. Give a race to Iowa, and give a race to Montreal. Keep it at 35 points races. That's what I would do.
    Nascar used to go to Japan a couple years back and go to Suzuka and Twin Ring Motegi for exhibition races and back in the 60s-70s used to race in Canada, but Nationwide should stay that novelty for a while, and maybe Cup after a couple years.
    I don't care for it going out of the country.

Also I think it would be better for the sport if they dropped a California race and a Michigan race. I'm
    Glad I got a race at Kentucky speedway but I am pissed they dropped an Atlanta race for it. And I'll never forgive NASCAR for taking a darlington race and giving it to California.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!

Nascar used to go to Japan a couple years back and go to Suzuka and Twin Ring Motegi for exhibition races and back in the 60s-70s used to race in Canada, but Nationwide should stay that novelty for a while, and maybe Cup after a couple years.
    They did that in mid-to-late 1990s. And they only did it for 3 years because it failed miserably and cost way too much money. Montreal costs a lot, but it is worth it because a LOT of Canadians actually love NASCAR. They Canadian Tire Series gets great crowds everywhere they race. That is one reason why the Montreal race works so well there.
    I don't even know why California has 2 dates, that is the most boring track ever, at least Pocono, Indy, and Infineon have an excuse for being boring in that they are extremely challenging for Cup cars to drive.

They did that in mid-to-late 1990s. And they only did it for 3 years because it failed miserably and cost way too much money. Montreal costs a lot, but it is worth it because a LOT of Canadians actually love NASCAR. They Canadian Tire Series gets great crowds everywhere they race. That is one reason why the Montreal race works so well there.
    That and Montreal is an incredible track, I would love to see Nascar go there and even back to Jose Carlos Pace in Mexico.
    I don't care for it going out of the country.

Also I think it would be better for the sport if they dropped a California race and a Michigan race. I'm
    Glad I got a race at Kentucky speedway but I am pissed they dropped an Atlanta race for it. And I'll never forgive NASCAR for taking a darlington race and giving it to California.
    Well when Darlington (at the time) seats 60,000 and isn't selling out, but California seats 90,000 and is selling out, what do you do? You're in the business to make money. It makes plenty of sense. I hated they did it too, but it made sense at the time.

Same thing with Atlanta. The place seats 130,000 but they averaged only 75,000 for the last 5 years for each race.
    I don't even know why California has 2 dates, that is the most boring track ever, at least Pocono, Indy, and Infineon have an excuse for being boring in that they are extremely challenging for Cup cars to drive.
    California is back to one date in early April or May this season.

And yeah, Montreal is an awesome track. Mexico was too, but it stopped selling well after the 1st year and some drivers were nervous to go down there.
    I don't care how many tickets they sell I care about how exciting the race is. Which darlington is and California isn't
    I don't care how many tickets they sell I care about how exciting the race is. Which darlington is and California isn't
    I agree with you completely, but when you are in the business to make money, you do what you have to do. Notice what has happened since they pulled a race from Darlington? They have increased their capacity to 75,000 and they sell out now.