Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    And Wine, Ted Ginn is also a receiver in San Fran now. He may have been a bust so far, but he does have speed.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Oo okay
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "And Wine, Ted Ginn is also a receiver in San Fran now. He may have been a bust so far, but he does have speed."

There are two possible outcomes from Ginn. Either he becomes a real receiver and we give the KR/PR duties to the rookie, LeRoy Vann, or he stays as a returner. I think he'll be thrown to very little, and his main job will be to force the secondary to spread out more, to stop him from getting downfield and an easy TD.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo
    Good Points But our O-line is very young now with the recent draft.
    I think it will be a close game maybe even going into overtime. The England crowd could become a factor also depending who they root for

Orton only get's inconsistent under pressure and i believe Denver's O-line has gotten better the only thing that worries me is Ryan Clady's injury but he should be fine when the season starts. I see moreno is only going to improve.

I think that training camp and pre-season will decide a lot.
    "The England crowd could become a factor also depending who they root for"

I was a member of the crowd in the Dolphins-Giants game in 08, and that crowd actually never seemed like a factor. The majority of the crowd was actually American, most of them living in Europe, and but there were still quite a few British there. The British really didn't seem to know who to root for, and the cheers were just as audible for both teams. It was fascinating being there, because the people there were fans more of the sport than either team playing.
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    completly unrelated...but the cheerleaders should wear uniforms like this...

thatd be sweet...anyways...continue
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    wow...multi post ftl...someone delete all but one....thx much haha
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    that would be awesome....also....NFL having games in Europe=fail
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I agree
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Brett Favre underwent ankle surgery. If I had to guess, I'd say he's coming back.
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    New York/New Jersey to host first Super Bowl in 2014.
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    In like it, A cold weather Super Bowl.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    IRVING, Texas -- The NFL isn't ready to expand the new overtime rule to the regular season.

Commissioner Roger Goodell said Tuesday the issue was tabled during owners meetings in the Dallas area. He said the league wants to continue talking to players.

In the regular season, though, the old first-team-to-score-wins rule will be in effect.

"I think the membership felt and the competition committee felt we had addressed the issue we wanted this offseason with respect to the postseason," Goodell said. "We want to continue to talk to our players."

Owners voted in March to change the sudden-death rule for the playoffs. If the team that loses the coin flip immediately gives up a field goal, that team will get a chance to score either to tie or win.

But there wasn't enough support for the proposal to warrant a vote, sources told ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Goodell said owners also discussed upcoming labor negotiations with the players. The current contract expires at the end of the 2010 season.

Goodell said a major talking point is expanding the 16-game regular season to 18 games, which probably would lead to the elimination of two preseason games. Like the risky decision to play the Super Bowl outside in a cold-weather city, Goodell views the expanded regular season as a way to grow the NFL.

"I think we have to continue to look at ways to improve what we're doing," Goodell said. "It's been very clear to us and not only our fans but also from our players that the quality of the preseason and the desire to participate in the preseason is not at the level it should be. And we have to address that issue."

The NFL is seeking to expand drug testing to include human growth hormone, but would do so through labor discussions, Goodell said.

Although the league recently signed a deal with Anheuser-Busch worth more than $1 billion, Tuesday's meetings served as the launch of several programs with Mothers Against Drunk Driving to promote responsible drinking.

MADD officials will speak at the league's rookie symposium, and will run pilot programs on game days in Buffalo and Oakland. There will be other promotions in stadiums and involvement in community events benefiting MADD.

The league and MADD's incoming chief executive said there's no mixed message.

"We all agree safe and responsible use of the product is fine," said Adolpho Birch, the NFL vice president who handled the Anheuser-Busch deal.
    That's so stupid....
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    Do or Die OT should stay
    I like college OT better, but geez. If you're going to change the rule, change it for the whole year. This is some in-between bullshit.
    I like the field goal/touchdown rule. It makes OT more interesting while still keeping the sudden death element alive.
  • MastodudeMastodude Posts: 60
    "Do or Die OT should stay"
    fucking A
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    college OT sux, leave the rule alone!!!!!!
    No, no it doesn't. Even so, the NFL OT rule change isn't like college OT at all.