Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited May 2010
    "Look at the bengals schedule wine how do you see them ending up?"

That's a tough one, but 9-7 is a real possibility. To be on the safe side I'd say 8-8, but I feel confident they'll do better than that. A lot of that team will be decided by injury, so if tragedy doesn't strike, you'll be fine.

That is a tough schedule for the Lions too. I'd say 4 probable wins with as much as 2 maybe wins. I could honestly see them beating a team like the Giants, if they don't improve drastically, and a victory against the Bears at home is possible too. It's a shame they got stuck with this schedule, because Schwartz seems like he's going in the right direction with the team, and I don't want there to be questions about his job. If there is one sophomore year coach I think should be fired it's McDaniels.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    yeah...you cant count us out in any division game tho....(except in green bay been ages since we won there) we always play our rivals tough
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    That's like the browns and us or the browns playing the steelers those fuckers act like it's the superbowl with those games.

Sorry Rex but I'm a green bay fan to so I don't care about the lions. I wish the best though as long as they aren't playing bengals or green bay
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    edited May 2010
    And wine if then bengals hadn't had a good draft and making all the moves they are this upcoming season would probably be rough but I can see a wildcard appearance for us with the ravens winning the division
    Post edited by mrAPE on
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I love a lot of teams not including the 49ers, they include... Packers, Bengals, Saints, Panthers, Falcons (ish), Lions, and the Dolphins
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited May 2010
    Schwartz's job isn't going to be in question unless we totally flop and get a top-5 draft pick again next year.

Looking at the Bengals schedule.....they could win as many as 12 games...but I see them winning 7-9 games.
    Post edited by JLRedWing13 on
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    : (
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited May 2010
    "In his first lengthy interview since filing a federal lawsuit against the team, former Saints security director Geoffrey Santini told USA Today that he only decided to resign and later sue the team after general manager Mickey Loomis tried to convince him to help cover up the theft of Vicodin from the team's headquarters."

just to follow up on this nonsense, the Saints invoked an arbitration clause and the suit was dropped yesterday evening.
  • MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo
    Broncos have a easy schedule we play the whole NFC west
    "Broncos have a easy schedule we play the whole NFC west"

That means 2-2.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    Broncos manage to lose to the Raiders a lot!....nothing is an easy schedule for them
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    That's true but division games are always tougher.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    Jamarcus Russell?
    Kansas City is going to be better too....
    K motherfucking C?

Chargers still pwn the west
  • MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo

"That means 2-2."

More like 3-1
    "More like 3-1"

No, I'll break this down in my opinion.

Smith vs. Orton: I believe Orton will be the starter, and I believe that Orton's inconsistency is so difficult to predict, it's almost ludicrous to believe that you can count on him succeeding against the 49ers, who have a porous secondary, but one of the best front seven in football. I'll take Smith

Gore vs. Moreno: Oh, you say Gore is injured often? You've got the same thing with Moreno going on. Gore is one of the more consistent running backs in the NFL, who can catch the pass, and once he's in the field, he's damn tough to tackle. Moreno has excellent athleticism, and could develop into quite the back in the future. In the future being the key part of that sentence. My bet's on Gore.

Receiving Corps: Inconsistency and little experience on both sides. Denver will be searching for it's identity on offense this year, and it will take a while for whoever is the QB to truly be comfortable. This will probably Eddie Royal's time to shine, and if he doesn't shine, he could be in trouble. The 49ers have probably the biggest coverage mismatch at TE in the NFL, Vernon Davis. A lot of upside in Morgan and Crabtree that will be noticed this year as well. Push, with a little bit going the 49ers' way.

OL: Correct me if I'm wrong, which I probably am, but that Denver line's getting old, but they've got it. A lot of problems on the SF O-Line, and while drafting 2 rookies may make it seem better instantly, they've still got to pan out. I'll give the edge to Denver.

Front 7: Not even close. Dumervil is a beast, don't get me wrong, but against the run this is one of the best walls in the game, and could be even better this year. San Francisco.

Secondary: Again, not even close, but in the opposite direction. With aging yet still effective veterans in the secondary, they could have a great day with an inaccurate or pressured Smith. 49ers are too young and too inexperienced to say they could have an edge in this one. Denver.

If the 49ers play this one right, I don't see them losing.
    Too much reading.

Summary please lol
    49ers win. <_>