Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Damn I was liking the whole Henne to Ginn thing lol. He's always good for a few deep passes and returns.
    image Photobucket
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    Marshall and Ginn would have been a decent combo. They gave him away for a 5th rd pick.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    I didn't think he was going to do anything when he left Ohio State because he played like a chicken. Always ran out as soon as he got the chance. I thought it was stupid that they took him in the first round. While I still dont think he is the first round caliber player...I think he's worth more than a 5th. At least a fourth dude.
    image Photobucket
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Ginn never really played to his potential. As for the Niners, it doesn't make as much sense to take C.J. Spiller now.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I don't hate the move, and it really helps out the draft. Now unless Spiller is there at 17, there's no way they take him. I really like that.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Really really good trade for the Eagles and Lions.

The Philadelphia Eagles, Denver Broncos and Detroit Lions have pulled off a three-way trade, with the Lions obtaining former Broncos tight end Tony Scheffler and the Eagles receiving ex-Lions linebacker Ernie Sims.

The Eagles sent a fifth-round pick in this week's draft to the Broncos, while Denver sent its seventh-round pick to the Lions to complete the trade on Monday.

In 59 career games, all with the Lions, Sims has been credited with 420 tackles including 2.5 sacks, four forced fumbles and one interception. He was credited with 49 tackles last season.

"Ernie Sims is an impact player at the linebacker position," Eagles coach Andy Reid said. "He brings a lot of energy to our already energized defense. We are looking forward to adding him to our team."

Last season, the Eagles tried numerous combinations at linebacker. Seven different players started at least one game at one of the tree linebacker spots. Sims, the ninth overall pick in the 2006 draft, is a versatile player who can play three downs. He played weakside linebacker for the Lions, and likely will compete with Akeem Jordan for the starting job in Philadelphia.

"I've been competing my whole life," Sims said. "I don't expect to come in and just be handed a job. I expect to come in and work for my position."

Detroit seems to have created a void at linebacker, trading Sims and choosing not to re-sign Larry Foote.

But the coaching staff may not view Sims as much of a loss. He struggled to stay healthy last season after starting all 16 games in his first three seasons. When Sims did play, he didn't appear to perform as well as rookie DeAndre Levy.

Denver had been shopping Scheffler since he signed his tender last week. A four-year veteran, he has 138 catches for 1,896 yards and 14 touchdowns, all for the Broncos. He caught 31 passes for 416 yards and two TDs last year.

Scheffler is the latest member of Denver's exceptional draft class of 2006 to depart since coach Josh McDaniels replaced Mike Shanahan 15 months ago. He joins quarterback Jay Cutler, who was traded to Chicago last year, and wide receiver Brandon Marshall, who was traded to Miami last week.

Scheffler was one of several holdovers from the Shanahan era who saw their roles reduced under McDaniels last season, and he was suspended for the season finale along with Marshall because of his attitude.

Still, his departure means the Broncos have a void at tight end, where Daniel Graham is almost exclusively a blocker and second-year pro Richard Quinn, a second-round pick last year, has yet to catch his first NFL pass. Quinn's only contribution his rookie season was returning a single kickoff for 19 yards.

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    New Washington Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan is laying down the law at Redskins Park. The traffic law, that is.
    Dan Steinberg of the DC Sports Bog writes that parking regulations were among a list of rules Shanahan read to the team during minicamp. Players are not to double park or park their cars in handicapped spaces in the lot at Redskins Park lest they face punishment in the form of extra running at practice.

It's all part of Shanahan's plan to make players accountable for their actions. Other football-related rules he made included things like running on and off the field, fully completing drills and entering and exiting a huddle with speed. But Shanahan also laid out some off the field things, too. On Sunday, he let players know how they had done.
    Though Shanahan didn't call out specific players for violations, he read down the list and noted how many players didn't follow each rule. At the next minicamp, he said, violators will run after practice.

"I started thinking to myself, like, did I double park today? I didn't think I double parked," Mike Williams said with a chuckle after practice. "I'm dead serious. He asked guys to do the simple things. If he asks you to run off the field, he expects you to run off the field. He's just setting a standard, and saying hey guys, this is what I'm talking about, and so this is what we've got to clean up as a team."

Shanahan is going take this team places.
    You counter my trade news....with that....you fail. <_>
    Ain't nothing else going on bitch. Go watch your Wings lose some more...
    Not before you watch your Spurz lose some more.
    you picked them to win...so HA! <_>
    I like watching those. Sometimes its retarded as hell, like when they talked about college basketball...but sometimes its good like that one.

Seriously though, when you are playing in a final four game, do you really notice how high the ceiling is?
    image Photobucket
    "you picked them to win...so HA! <_>"

So I'd be wrong again, nothing new. Go watch them lose some more. <_>
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    the lions finally get ride of sims
    I liked him, but he fell out of favor with Schwartz for some reason and Levy took his job...his contract was going to expire anyway, so it was best for them I guess.
    the d was better with levy in there last year....i did like him 2....but he over ran way to many plays and never sacked the qb or got any picks.....schefler or however you spell it is a good pick up....but now we kinda need a linebacker
    Eh, it's not a pressing need. Peterson and Levy are starters, then we rotate others I guess. We still need defensive and offensive line and running back first.
    yeah..dude that video of suh where he hits that dummy made my jaw drop...if hes there i will be pretty pissed