Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    1. Russel is quite a bit older, and while a great player, hes not as good. 
    2. Elliot is shot. His speed is gone. 

Yes, every team in the league would
    jump at that contract. Its pretty team friendly. 
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Well I would have been pissed with the Seahawks spending 50M on a qb for 10 years. I’m glad it’s the chiefs and not the hawks. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Everyone always balks when a new record contract happens. 10 years ago people would have said the same thing at a 25 million a year contract. It's the price of the game. Mahomes is not a top 10 QB. He is the best QB in the game flat out.

Until 2026 the max he makes in any one year is 41 million. Russel Wilson is making anywhere from 32 to 37 million a year the next few years. The Chiefs got a good deal imo
    Remeber when everyone laughed at the Stafford deal?

Now hes a top 7 QB with a contract outside the top 10 lol
    OBJ been working out with cam. 

Cam gotta be the woman in that relationship right?
    Remeber when everyone laughed at the Stafford deal?

Now hes a top 7 QB with a contract outside the top 10 lol
    Top 7 :-)))))))))))))))))))
    :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

thanks Rex. I needed a good laugh 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    The numbers say Stafford was a top-5 QB until he got hurt last year. At his pace he would have gotten some MVP votes.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    "Stafford was averaging 312.4 yards per game, 8.6 yards per attempt and a QB rating of 106.0 through eight games last year. On top of this, his average depth of target was a whopping 11.4 yards. That was 4.3 yards more than the previous season, and easily a career-high.

This all means Stafford was throwing the deep ball better and more often than ever in his first year playing for offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.

For those still having a hard time understanding how well Stafford was playing, FootballOutsiders measured him as the fourth-most valuable quarterback on a per-play basis (defense-adjusted value over average). He trailed the likes of only Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes and Drew Brees through eight games."

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2020/05/lions-qb-matthew-stafford-among-oddsmakers-5-favorites-to-win-comeback-player-of-the-year.html

JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Pretty much every nfl exec thinks stafford is a top 7-8 qb. He great. 

Hard for anyone to win without A running game or defense lol. 
    If we can manage a top 15 defense/running game people will finally see how great he is. I put the ball in his hands with the game on the line over everyone minus pat. Hes one of the most clutch players iv ever watched. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Stafford is definitely elite but Detroit needs to give him a defense and some weapons 
    The numbers say Stafford was a top-5 QB until he got hurt last year. At his pace he would have gotten some MVP votes.
    The number of playoff wins would say differently 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    edited July 2020
    Mans said he would take Ezekiel Elliott over Mahomes HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA holy shit.
    edited July 2020
    That has to be the hottest take I seen in years.

I would be crying tears of joy if the Bears threw this exact same contract at Mahomes.

He’s a top 2 QB and he’s not #2.

At only 24 years old!!

I would be crying tears of joy if the Bears threw this exact same contract at Mahomes.

They could have 
    We need a sad react lmao.
    Mans said he would take Ezekiel Elliott over Mahomes HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA holy shit.
    You read that wrong.... I’m saying I’d rather have the #2 Qb in the league and the #1 RB in the league over having Just the #1 QB. All I’m saying is he isn’t worth 50M a year. He is worth 40M which would have still made him highest paid. Not saying zek is #1 either... he’s just highest paid right now 
    You read that wrong.... I’m saying I’d rather have the #2 Qb in the league and the #1 RB in the league over having Just the #1 QB. All I’m saying is he isn’t worth 50M a year. He is worth 40M which would have still made him highest paid. Not saying zek is #1 either... he’s just highest paid right now 
    But even then I would take Mahomes alone if I had to choose between those two exact options. And I love Russell, but Mahomes is THAT good. Not to mention, if we’re talking this EXACT contract, (ie; 10 years) Russell is on the old side now and won’t be playing for another 10 whole years. For longevity’s sake alone, Mahomes is the obvious choice.  Kid is only 24 years old and is already looking like the best to ever do it. Barring any potential injuries, he’s about to bring KC the next Brady like dynasty, and they’re getting 3 rings minimum over the course of his 10 years.
    Speaking of injury... has madden put him on the cover yet? :-)) 

maybe you’re right. But that’s not how I’d run a club if I was in charge.