Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    d00dz if theyz so worried about concussionz then they should offer a Helmet with more cushions or something more padding on the head or something

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    d00dz if theyz so worried about concussionz then they should offer a Helmet with more cushions or something more padding on the head or something
    They just discovered this ALS/football connection mayne. Give it time and I sure they will make helmets with better padding and such. Right now we just got to take care of the players and watch the concussions. Youz noz wants bigz benz toz getz hitz and haz za concuzzion doz youz?
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    Why do you need to hit helmet to helmet? You don't.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Oh come the fuck on. That was not excessive celebration at all and didn't deserve a flag. Same bullshit happened last week with Colombo accidentally falling and rolling back and the refs calling it a celebration. This rule is just fucking stupid. Takes the fun out of the league...I miss TO/Ocho celebrations <_>
    I totally agree with you 100 % on this. I wish they would scratch that rule, I miss Ochocinco and Steve Smith doing all those crazy celebrations, and it is fun. but the point is, it's a rule, the refs are gonna call it every time, and thats 2 weeks in a row dallas fucked themselves with that penalty. No discipline. Shitty coach
    Yep Its more on Wade but Jason Garret sure does make some stupid play calls.

It makes no sense to fire anyone during the season but I hope they're both gone at the end of the season.
    it makes all the sense in the world to me to fire them now. maybe dallas could turn it around, noone in the nfc has pulled away from the pack. every team is almost equal, its weird. it's almost like, because of pride or he doesnt want to admit he was wrong, jones wont fire wade during the season. it's like theyre giving up. but thats fine with me, i hope the extend him for 3 years...
    PITTSBURGH -- Steelers linebacker James Harrison states his objective matter-of-factly: He's out to hurt any opposing player who roams into his vicinity.

If he sees players down on the turf -- as he did Sunday when he sidelined Browns wide receivers Josh Cribbs and Mohamed Massaquoi with concussion-causing hits only minutes apart -- he knows he's done his job.

"I don't want to injure anybody," Harrison said following Pittsburgh's 28-10 victory. "There's a big difference between being hurt and being injured. You get hurt, you shake it off and come back the next series or the next game. I try to hurt people."

Harrison's reputation as being one of the NFL's nastiest players was enhanced when his leading-with-the-helmet hits on Joshua Cribbs and Mohamed Massaquoi left the Browns with just two healthy wide receivers for more than a half. Neither hit was penalized, although the NFL said Monday it is reviewing the hit on Massaquoi. The league determined Cribbs' tackle was legal.

Harrison defended his hits after the game.

"If I get fined for that, it's going to be a travesty," Harrison said. "They didn't call [a penalty] on that. There's no way I could be fined for that. It was a good, clean legit hit. ... I didn't hit that hard, to be honest with you. When you get a guy on the ground, it's a perfect tackle."

Harrison's style of play is raising questions about whether it's possible to stay within the rules, yet also play dirty. While the Browns weren't especially critical of the hits following the game, tight end Benjamin Watson was more outspoken Monday.

"I hope the NFL does the max, whatever the max is, I hope they give it to him," Watson said.

NFL vice president of football operations Ray Anderson told The Associated Press that the league could soon start suspending players for dangerous helmet-to-helmet hits. The NFL is emphasizing a reduction in football concussions, which can lead to dementia and brain disease.

The crown of Harrison's helmet slammed into the left side of Cribbs' helmet as the wide receiver was running a wildcat formation play, causing Cribbs to crumple face-first into the turf. He appeared to be momentarily knocked out. Because Cribbs was a runner, such helmet-to-helmet contact is permissible.

"I thought Cribbs was asleep," Harrison said. "A hit like that geeks you up, especially when you find out the guy is not really hurt, he's just sleeping. He's knocked out but he's going to be OK."
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    "it makes all the sense in the world to me to fire them now. maybe dallas could turn it around, noone in the nfc has pulled away from the pack. every team is almost equal, its weird. it's almost like, because of pride or he doesnt want to admit he was wrong, jones wont fire wade during the season. it's like theyre giving up. but thats fine with me, i hope the extend him for 3 years..."

Although I want the entire coaching staff fired it makes no sense to get rid of the head coach who is also the D.C. and Garret who is the O.C..

I still have slim hope( VERY SLIM) that they can still get it turned around. At this point its on the players to not make those stupid mistakes.

I loled at you saying you hope they extend wade because thats how I feel about Andy Reid. I'm glad he's still around.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    "I loled at you saying you hope they extend wade because thats how I feel about Andy Reid. I'm glad he's still around."

Reid > Wade and most of the coaches in the league
    Andy Reid and Wade Phillips are both at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to head coaches.
    Andy Reid and Wade Phillips are both at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to head coaches.
    Reid, Bottom of the barrell? I know the guy has his flaws (clock management) but at least he can manage his players. He's in the top 10 right now in NFL coaches. Can you name me 10 that are better? I guess you're saying this because he never won a superbowl, it took Cowher 14 years to win one, and people act like he's a legend. If Reid was the Cowboys coach, they would have a winning record.

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Oo how I love when cowboys fans get their feathers all ruffled up.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited October 2010
    As much as I hate to say it, that last sentence is probably true. Reid could get pass happy, and be successful. I don't understand how the past two years, I always wanted to see just one screen...Then this season they abolish the run and run more than enough screens than are needed in one season.

On a side note. Look at Jeff Fischer, 17 years and no superbowls. But he is still loved in Tennessee
    image Photobucket
    edited October 2010
    I'll admit, I bitch about Andy Reid more then anything when he gets pass happy, and we loose a game because of timeouts. But he is nowhere near the bottom when it comes to headcoaches. He's just never won the big one, but he will eventually, theyre building a real good team, and Kolb is starting to look real good and he's only going to get better. Their problem this year and last year were injuries and they have a young team. When Reid wins a superbowl, he could have 20 loosing seasons after that and I would still love him. once he wins the Big One, he'll be loved in Philly forever.
    edited October 2010
    I'm thrilled that Andy Reid is still the Eagles head coach. His coaching style is the reason they haven't won it all with all of those good teams they have had.

Reid was a complete joke in last years playoff game. He changed nothing after the boys beat them at the end of the season to the playoff game.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    Jeff Fisher is a hell of a coach.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,602 spicy boy
    Jeff Fisher is a hell of a coach.
    one of the best
    Oo how I love when cowboys fans get their feathers all ruffled up.
    :D
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I look at cowboy fans the same way I do Yankee fans. Fans that just go to be seen and don't actually care about the game. Kinda like cubs fans with their drinking that's all they care about. Win or loose they still booze
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    I look at cowboy fans the same way I do Yankee fans. Fans that just go to be seen and don't actually care about the game. Kinda like cubs fans with their drinking that's all they care about. Win or loose they still booze
    how-a-bout cincy fanz who only support theyz team when theyre winning

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

Thats not me. I'm about as die-hard of a fan as you'll meet.

I'm no fairweather fan. When my team sucks I hate it just as much as they do but I still wear my gear everyday.

Back when they were 1-15 and even the most recent 3 seasons in a row of 5-11 I still wore my stuff proudly.

I'm thrilled that Andy Reid is still the Eagles head coach. His coaching style is the reason they haven't won it all with all of those good teams they have had.

Reid was a complete joke in last years playoff game. He changed nothing after they boys beat them at the end of the season to the playoff game.
    stop getting asshurt cause the eagles are better then the cowboys. cowboys fans love to bring up the past, well then Reid is 14-7 against the cowgirls. That was your 1st playoff win in over a decade, and the eagles had 8 starters out to injury, do you forget about the year before, last game of the season, win and in and the eagles won 40 something to 3. your team sucks, the cowboys are in the bottom of the barrell in the division, hahahahahahaahahaha! Kolb > Romo/Reid > Phillips/Eagles > Cowboys!