Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    edited September 2010
    Ive been a fan of them through good times and shit times.

Ever since the Elway days before the two in a row superbowl.

I didnt know it was such a crime to have optimism in a team ive loved ever since i was a kid.
    So you admit your faith isn't rational? It's just a hope?

I know what you mean, my team has been on the cusp of a breakthrough for four years, but I'm not going to go around saying we'll be undefeated after our bye, etc. Take it week by week, then look back on the year all at once and decide how they did.

It is rational Faith. if i didnt have faith in my team i wouldnt be a huge fan of them since i was 6.

ITS FOOTBALL ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It is rational Faith. if i didnt have faith in my team i wouldnt be a huge fan of them since i was 6.
    Rational faith doesn't exist.

It's not wrong to say that it's just a hope. Otherwise, you could make the claim on a rational basis by saying something along the lines of....

"we have an experienced running back"
    "4/5 of the line is first round talent"
    "A receiving corps on the rise"
    "Rock solid defense with the best linebacker in the game"

etc.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I acknowledge that the Cowboys look shitty, and that winning even next week is going to be tough...

But I'll be damned if I don't pick them to win every week.
    image Photobucket
    I acknowledge that the Cowboys look shitty, and that winning even next week is going to be tough...

But I'll be damned if I don't pick them to win every week.
    0-3 might be tough to come back from. That said though, you should tear through the Titans or the Vikings.
    Rational faith doesn't exist.

It's not wrong to say that it's just a hope. Otherwise, you could make the claim on a rational basis by saying something along the lines of....

"we have an experienced running back"
    "4/5 of the line is first round talent"
    "A receiving corps on the rise"
    "Rock solid defense with the best linebacker in the game"

etc.

im confused to what youre saying...

Is it wrong for me to have a unconditional liking towards the Broncos whether they are a good team or not?
    Is it wrong for me to have hopes that they will have a amazing season?
    Is it wrong for me to want them to have go undefeated after their bye week?

its week two of the season. Some pretty unexpected shit has happened so far...whats to say that it wont unexpectidly happen this season?

i know the chances of that are slim, but like i said whats to say that wont happen?
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited September 2010
    I'm just saying, I think there could be a middle ground. Cowboys could lose Romo, Demarcus Ware, and Mike Jenkins to injury, and I would still pick them week in and week out just because I can't force myself to admit defeat on a week to week basis. Sure I'd know ahead of time that we wont be making the playoffs, but that is just how I would feel. Kind of like the 3 years under Dave Campo where we went 5-11. All. Three. Years.

On a side note, it looks like Mike Jenkins really did get injured, which is my biggest fear right now.

Edit: After a quick read-up, they think it's just a deep bruise. Him and Knox bumped knees pretty damn hard.
    image Photobucket

Is it wrong for me to have a unconditional liking towards the Broncos whether they are a good team or not?

its week two of the season. Some pretty unexpected shit has happened so far...whats to say that it wont unexpectidly happen this season?

i know the chances of that are slim, but like i said whats to say that wont happen?
    No, it's not wrong for any of those, it is wrong however, to act as though you have certainty. It is wrong to act as though you are approaching the situation from a rational perspective as opposed to one centered around faith.

Also, as much as people love to do this, expecting the unexpected isn't rational at all. You can hope for it to happen, but expecting it just doesn't make sense.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    heh..fumble from Eli..heh..
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    Being a Lions fan all my life has given me an ability to accept it when your team just isn't good. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,602 spicy boy
    Being a Lions fan all my life has given me an ability to accept it when your team just isn't good. <_>
    Giants just pulled a Dallas on the last play....except they got lucky and a G-Man fell on it <_>
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Ah trash talking.
    i wish JaGs n my trash talk was this civilized.
    Half the shit we say doesnt even make sense/isnt related.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Colts are making Eli their bitch.

No, it's not wrong for any of those, it is wrong however, to act as though you have certainty. It is wrong to act as though you are approaching the situation from a rational perspective as opposed to one centered around faith.

Also, as much as people love to do this, expecting the unexpected isn't rational at all. You can hope for it to happen, but expecting it just doesn't make sense.

youre obviously not getting my point.

just drop it, it seems like no one will get my point.<_>
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    I'm not a fan of losing teams.

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    Colts are making Eli their bitch.
    Fuck up

I'm not a fan of losing teams.
    Elitist.
    He's a fan of the Pats and they lost today. So I wonder what team he will move onto next.