Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    If Matt didn't get injured, Lions would have won.

Any who, time for them Redskins to lay the smackdown on Dallas.

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    If someone breaks the plane of the goal line but then fumbles, it's a touchdown, but if you get two feet down in the endzone with complete control of the ball, then fall on your butt still inbounds, THEN let go of the ball while getting up, it's incomplete?

Yeah, that makes sense. Sure, it's the "correct" call by the rules, but come on. It's common sense.....there have to be exceptions.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,602 spicy boy
    you cant call 2 pretty much exactly the same things 2 different ways
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    If someone breaks the plane of the goal line but then fumbles, it's a touchdown, but if you get two feet down in the endzone with complete control of the ball, then fall on your butt still inbounds, THEN let go of the ball while getting up, it's incomplete?

Yeah, that makes sense. Sure, it's the "correct" call by the rules, but come on. It's common sense.....there have to be exceptions.
    yes.... because breaking the plane, after having complete possession of the ball, (wether it be 1 yard, or 100 yards) it entirely different that "recieving" a pass in the endzone and losing possesion of the ball before having complete possession of it.

and like i said...it is humanly impossible to have COMPLETE POSSESSION of the football if you only have ONE palm of your hand OVER the football as it hits the ground.

I dont know what NFL you've guys have been watching; but Football + ground = incomplete pass.

lol... pretty much?
    your an idiot he had total possession

lol... pretty much?

having possession in the end zone either by pass or by run should be a touchdown no matter what
    edited September 2010
    "your an idiot he had total possession"

according to you....

you cant have it both ways dude.... just because he was in the end zone doesnt mean shit... he has to have (and maintain) full possession until he hits the ground.

you're the idiot..... or need to learn some basic nfl rules.

you're just looking for an excuse. Lions lost, move on.
    edited September 2010
    his knee and ass were touching the ground and he had full possession...the ref that was right there even called it a touchdown and some other douche bag came in and over ruled him....i don't care what you say that should be a touchdown every time...they robbed us
    you cant have it both ways dude.... just because he was in the end zone doesnt mean shit... he has to have (and maintain) full possession until he hits the ground.
    The thing was, he did. He was on his butt, in the endzone, with complete control of the ball. As he got up, he left go of the ball. This whole "process" thing is crap. If one of those Bears cornerbacks had touched him, he would have been down by contact and it would have been a touchdown. That's fucked up.

The Lions didn't lose because of this call....they gave up big plays at bad times. But it was a touchdown.
    there d played amazing in the second 1/2...name another time you have seen a lions defense stop a team with 4 tries from the 1 yard line , they won the damn game.... and having stafford out wtf damn it was some bullshit
    When they made that stand, I thought we might have a chance....but those two terrible, terrible defensive lapses on the Forte TDs were unacceptable. I am just hoping like crazy that Stafford isn't out for too long....but Hill showed he can make things on that last drive. We'll see. The running game definitely needs to get better.
    of for sure...i can't wait till next week
    he did get touched well on his way down 2
    Well.....then why isn't it just down by contact? *sigh* I just feel bad for the players...they played hard...
    Cowboys just got pwned.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Cowboys just got pwned.
    imageimage
    Well.....then why isn't it just down by contact? *sigh* I just feel bad for the players...they played hard...
    thats the hardest i think iv ever seen our d play van den bosch was all over the place

it was hard to tell but im pretty sure he was touched
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    You gots dis Redskins.