Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    It's only Week 1 people...
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    It's a rivalry game J. What do you really expect?

That's like saying it's no big deal if OSU won by a holding call from Michigan. Even if yall play each other twice(which will happen). You would be bitching. SO SHHHH!
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Pereira-explains-big-call-in-Detroit-Lions-Chicago-Bears-game-091210
    Strat has been right the whole time. By rules Calvin lost possession of the ball. By fans standard it was a TD and nothing more. The NFL was talking about this during the months leading to the preseason, but never changed the rule at all. Calvin didn't have possession and it wasn't a TD. Lions still should have won though <_>
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    It's a rivalry game J. What do you really expect?

That's like saying it's no big deal if OSU won by a holding call from Michigan. Even if yall play each other twice(which will happen). You would be bitching. SO SHHHH!

i know what it feels like.... when Ed Hocquili (Sp?) gave the broncos the game a couple years ago.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Pereira-explains-big-call-in-Detroit-Lions-Chicago-Bears-game-091210
    Strat has been right the whole time. By rules Calvin lost possession of the ball. By fans standard it was a TD and nothing more. The NFL was talking about this during the months leading to the preseason, but never changed the rule at all. Calvin didn't have possession and it wasn't a TD. Lions still should have won though <_>
    Shitty rule that needs to be changed.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Shitty rule that needs to be changed.
    Blame the league <_> They were but then passed on it for now...
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,602 spicy boy
    you don't know what its like to be a lions fan and suffer for so long...and finally have a team that looks decent and loose the first game after play so good in the second 1/2 and then lose like that it hurts
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    How about them Cowboys.

Redskin D laying the smack down on Homo and you guys couldn't run the ball anywhere. Homo was running for his life all night, hahahaha!

OH! and what a fucking stupid decision by your O-Line holding like that with 2 hands on the last pla to win the game. He shoulda just let him go romo was gonna run by him anyway. Dude is a fucking idiot.

I guess you shouldnt have talked all that shit last night and today. the cowboys looked like shit, and usually they start the season hott. the eagles lost 5 starters in the 1st half, at least they showed heart. they almost came back and won the damn game with 2nd strings against the team alot of people pick to go to the superbowl. once again the cowboyssss are overrrrrrrratteeedddddddddddddddddd..........

if the cowboys were smart, they woulda signed shanahan and got rid of that waste on the sideline philipps.

mcnabb didnt look too good, but he did his job and got the W and washington has a crazy running attack. i think washington is gonna be alot better than people think, once mcflabb can get into ryhthem with his recievers, if he can stay healthy.

the eagles D was good the whole game. shitty turnovers is what gave the packers the game, and that dude on GB mathews is a fucking beast. mike vick looke really good though, i heard kolb will be out next week too, if vick has another good game, it's gonna be a QB contoversy. but i dont think you can give kolb's job away unless he's horrible, it will ruin his thinking and confidence, i dont think andy fucking reid helped the cause at all having kolb paa every fucking down in his first game as the eagles #1. Run the ball Andy. but i'm not dissapointed with the game entirely, it sucks they lost, but they showed heart and determination, just sucks they lost weaver and jackson for the year, weaver is one of the best fb's in the league, tough blow to the run game. i see great things to come for this team in the future and i'm excited, the defense played good, and rogers didnt light up noone man.

with the whole lions argument, they got fucking robbed, fuck the nfl and it's rule book, do they make up rules as the game goes along, they should be ashamed and that whole referee crew should be fired. the lions deserved that win. cant wait to hear how the leauge explains that fuck up...
    that whole maintaining the ball until after you fall rule came into effect a good 4 or 5 years ago...... but nobody ever bitched about it until today.
    i was pretty sure, untill today that if you have possesion with 2 feet in, no matter where you are in the endzone, or if the ball just breaks the plain, its a TD. CJ definately had control and a knee/ass whatever and 2 feet down. it was a TD and the lions got robbed big time. like i said i cant wait to hear the excuse for that one.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Im with Strat, similar situations have always been called the same way
    if it was peyton manning and reggie wayne, it would have been a TD. i read the rule, i just condridicts the rule that a player with posession and 2 feet in scores a TD. what about the hundreds of times a season when we see a break away run or pass for a td and as soon as he catches it in the endzone or crosses the plain he tosses the ball in the stands or spikes it or whatever CJ had posession, 2 feet, and scored, then when he got up to celebrate he threw the ball away, it makes no sense to me how thats not a TD. i cant think of any other time this has happened. is this a new rule this year? the ball wasnt bobbling, he was in the ball was boviously across the plain. it makes no sense why its not a TD and if anyone can give me another example, cause i cant think of any. so basically say, fitzgerald catches a TD in the corner of the endzone, gets both feet in. then spikes the ball, thats not a TD is what theyre tryna say, because the ball hit the ground? it makes no sense, because we see players do that shit all year long. johnson had the ball and fell with posession and got up to celebrate? its a TD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T19FUdG42EU

its a TD noone will ever convince me otherwise, the refs should be sent to the cfl...
    "then when he got up to celebrate he threw the ball away"

..... really? is that what you see him doing? fucking really?
    thats exactly what i see, he caught the ball, for a TD, then slammed the ball down in excitement and ran around celebrating, thats exactly what i see. what else is there to see, he had it 2 feet in, no bobble, its a TOUCHDOWN.
    oh... so now he slammed the ball down.

which is it?
    lol, whats your point here? i asked you what you saw? explain to me why thats not a TD?
    they got robbed, and i dont even know why i give a fuck, its the lions, but i know if that shit happened to my team, i'd be all kinds of pissed, so i guess thats why i care. its a TD the refs blew it, they'll make up some bs excuses tomorrow. i do think the lions coach and players were classy about the situation and should be commended for that!