Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Pentagon plans $60 billion weapons sale to Saudi Arabia

Comments

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    The gov lies all the time, this doesn't surprise me at all.
    imageimage
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    you people do realize that a lot of the equipment being sold is outdated and being phased out anyways. they aren't selling our cutting edge military technology.
    Sorry Shane, but they are getting "new" equipment. Some of it has yet to be produced.

"The arms package includes 84 new F-15 fighter jets and upgrades to 70 more F-15s that the Saudis already have, as well as three types of helicopters: 70 Apaches, 72 Black Hawks and 36 Little Birds. Saudi Arabia would also get versions of a satellite-guided "smart bomb" system, plus anti-ship and anti-radar missiles.

The deal could be completed over five to 10 years, depending on production schedules and training needed."
    These are not "new" technologies, they have been around for quite some time. The Smart Bomb can easily be topped by the Force Air Bomb, which even then is a common bomb. If anything, this is bringing Saudi Arabia up to speed with various other surrounding countries, but not the US's military which is second to none. Keep in mind though, I don't agree with this arms deal, but the fact is that even if they didn't buy from the US, they would just make a road trip and buy bigger and better things from Belarus.
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    I'm sorry, but I read that article and I see the words "new" and I think they really mean new. I read that they still need to produce some of them and I think they really are producing something new. I need a remedial reading course. Maybe "Hooked on Phonics" would help me. LOL
    Oh I understand that it's a pain. Prove to me that Obama was not complicit or involved in the Blago scandal. That's going to be an impossibility as a sitting president can't be compelled to testify in any trial. Prove to me that "Obama shut down ACORN". Again another impossibility as the organization still exists and is completely functional. Show me where Obama has actually done anything other than force Obamacare on this country, a law which is currently being challenged in several states, 23 at last count. That's almost half of the country that is not interested in forced healthcare. When you find the articles to back up your arguments I'd like for you to apply the same guidelines you've given me. No biased news agencies. Again another impossibility as every news agency has it's own political agenda.
    I can prove that Obama has done more than "force" health care on us right here: http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/promise-kept/ As for the other things, I agree that just about every news station is biased, in the end I will end up with an article from CNN and you'll find one from FOX. I am an avid watcher of MSNBC because at least they attempt to stay in the middle, so whenever I bring up a political point chances are it came from them. Also, I haven't asked you not to find your source from a biased news station. Even though these articles will be hard to find, since I devote most of my day to politics, I will spend it searching for these articles.
    I'm sorry, but I read that article and I see the words "new" and I think they really mean new. I read that they still need to produce some of them and I think they really are producing something new. I need a remedial reading course. Maybe "Hooked on Phonics" would help me. LOL
    Chances are they mean new as in "newly made", not advanced technologies. ;)
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    People who try to claim that CNN or any other news outlet leans to the left leans to the right as much as Fox clearly doesn't understand shit.

People want to be angry at their government so they will find or fabricate ways to reach that goal. I can't say I'm angry but I can't say I'm satisfied either.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    I especially like number 93 in the article you provided......looks like the government will hiree 100,000 new government employees with disabilties. This proves one of my points that the Dems traditionally like to grow government. Number 307 does the same thing, grows government. Admittedly I can see where he has done things. It appears that most of what is contained in the article relates to the healthcare bill or to growing government. Looks like he's spending or committing to spend alot of money. Where is he planning on getting that money? That isn't contained in the article.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    "Where is he planning on getting that money?"

the middle class
    Number 502:"Get his daughters a puppy". I laughed so hard and loud at that one that my boss wanted to know what was going on........
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Great, now the US will get into a war with Saudi Arabia 10 years after they sell weapons to them.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    nah i dont think that we would get in a war with them. Saudia arabia is a stable, smart thinking country that wouldnt be foolish like the other middle eastern countries. plus there dirt poor
    nah i dont think that we would get in a war with them. Saudia arabia is a stable, smart thinking country that wouldnt be foolish like the other middle eastern countries. plus there dirt poor
    That's what everyone said about Osama when the US troops trained him and his men.
    i was kidding lol saudia arabia is a very dangerous country who has prob the most money in the middle east. this is very bad...
    i was kidding lol saudia arabia is a very dangerous country who has prob the most money in the middle east. this is very bad...
    Sorry, didn't pick up on that. lol
    i should of added a : /
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I have reason to believe that Jacob is working with Al Qaeda.
    I love winning with women
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    I'm gonna admit, I'm not very educated on the topic, but isn't Saudi Arabia somewhat our ally in the middle east?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    this is why i hate obama

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101022/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_us_pakistan_aid

Just keeps on spending.....
    It's not as if Pakistan is probably the most important country to defend on this Earth right now. NBD.
    I'm gonna admit, I'm not very educated on the topic, but isn't Saudi Arabia somewhat our ally in the middle east?
    No.

I'm not entirely positive about the legitimacy of this deal though. I bet it was from a leaning site.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page