Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY FLOATS MY BOAT

Comments

• GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Good stuff cheezeface. Just chill out and recover
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,794 jayfacer
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    edited September 2022
    Been doing a second round of vocal coaching, jus hit a lil over the month mark. Extremely glad I did. I know HOW to sing obviously, but it was heavy on the coaching and sculpting aspect this time around because I respond best to hands-on teaching. I could watch a million YouTube videos on different techniques and what not, but what’s missing from all of that is me physically doing/singing it, and having the teacher there to tell me if I’m doing it correctly, how to do it better, etc. This teacher is very good wit body language and descriptiveness, and he’s also been mixing a lil bit of music theory into all of it. So I immediately latch on to what he’s saying and how he’s telling me to do something. Even tho the lessons are short and only once a week, I noticed a difference almost immediately. Basically, my main focus was that I wanted to loosen my voice and project wit more power and resonance, especially when belting. I can hit the notes and I can hit them loudly without struggling, but I felt like they were too tight and thin. So he immediately saw that while I was singing correctly, my main issue was how and where I was projecting my voice from, and that I would stay in head voice or stay in chest voice, instead of smoothly transitioning back and forth as needed for different notes. So immediately after even the first lesson, I would sing songs to practice like usual, and noticed right away that I was already projecting way better, without any real extra effort, it was jus all subconscious because what he said had already sunk in extremely well. Shit is satisfying as fuck. Bout to do prolly 2-3 more months wit him before I call it a day cause there’s only so much that he can teach me and go over before it’s jus 100% on me to continue practicing and applying all of it.
    Post edited by EpisodeMnH on
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,709 spicy boy
    I need to invest in vocal coaching
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    I would. Even for screaming, the fundamentals for singing would benefit it, and if you find the right place, it’s not TOO bad financially. Place I’m at is $1 per minute, so $30 for a half hour lesson, $60 for an hour. Brief lil $300-$500 bill if you do it short term for 2-4 months. Which obviously pays long term dividends. There’s also the added bonus of giving you confidence to sing/scream in front of people cause you are literally within 3-4 feet of someone in a small room, singing full fucking volume lmao. Doesn’t get more intimate and personal than that. Granted that’s their job, so they’re paid to listen to straight up HORRIBLE singers lmao, but still.
    I would. Even for screaming, the fundamentals for singing would benefit it, and if you find the right place, it’s not TOO bad financially. Place I’m at is $1 per minute, so $30 for a half hour lesson, $60 for an hour. Brief lil $300-$500 bill if you do it short term for 2-4 months. Which obviously pays long term dividends. There’s also the added bonus of giving you confidence to sing/scream in front of people cause you are literally within 3-4 feet of someone in a small room, singing full fucking volume lmao. Doesn’t get more intimate and personal than that. Granted that’s their job, so they’re paid to listen to straight up HORRIBLE singers lmao, but still.
    Ive been meaning to do it for a while. Who do you use? 
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Hulu finally pushed out the Dolby vision/HDR update on LG C1s.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    My agree isn't saying what I've heard is bad by any means just that I couldn't see any reason not to
    Ive been meaning to do it for a while. Who do you use? 
    It’s called Veritas Music. They’re in Gurnee tho so from where you’re at, it’s prolly a lil hike.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Gnomez said:
    Who / what is AAA @Rex_Capone420
    It's an insurance company that also offers membership-based roadside assistance and discounts on random stuff. I don't have them for insurance but I'm a member of their other stuff because it's pretty cheap (like $100/year) and have used them to come change flat tires/tow my car after my accident/replace my car's battery when it wouldn't start
    Hell I even used them when my buddy picked my up to go drinking and he locked his keys in his car lmao
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    Yeah their roadside is great. I get a free membership for that.

I'm mostly looking to stick it out for a year because they are paying for all my state licenses. Then see if I can take the sales experience up a notch to something else. 

But I'll be selling mostly home/auto insurance. Some life as well. 
    Had an extended cut Lord Of The Rings trilogy marathon today 
    AAA gave me a surface pro boiii
    I passed my state licensing exam last week. 

Now ive got to get my life and health license \m/
    Started and completed my first diy plumbing for my house. 

We were doing laundry Sunday and we heard water in the basement. I had to get behind the stairs, and these fucks had tied the plumbing up with Christmas ribbon:|

So I ran a new line today. It's easy, but baby steps lol. It feels lit making something that is yours better though 
    Inb4 Todd "you don't own it the government does"