Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY FLOATS MY BOAT

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    GF bought me some Merrell’s and some yeti cups for my birthday \m/
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Merrell’s are dope. The Dad game is strong. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Job interview on Wednesday let's goooo
    Worst fucking interview I've ever had lmao. Place looked straight out of the 1980s. I go into the interview and instead of some pleasantries and some introductory questions about my history or whatever the lady basically jumped right into "why do you wanna work here" and just completely threw me off guard lmao. I could tell if this lady was this callous in the interview she was gonna be a cunt on a day to day basis.

So after like 10 minutes she asked if I had any questions and i said nope and just dipped out 
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    edited March 2021
    Lmao, that fucking sucks. 

I got turned down today on a job  I wanted that would have come with a promotion. I messaged my manager asking when I should expect to hear back cause it had been a couple weeks and he told me to email HR cause he had no idea. I emailed the HR person and instead of her emailing me back directly I got the generic denial email that was supposed to be sent to me 2 days ago. Fucking wanted to break my work computer right there. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    On Christ.

Her ass sure wanted to give it up when I was underage. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Katia twerking on webcam >>>
    This view I have at my Airbnb
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,665 spicy boy
    Where are you?
    edited March 2021
    About an hour NE of Bakersfield, CA
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,665 spicy boy
    Speaking of California has slap came out yet?
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Does it matter? We all knew he was gay af.
    Y’all some hateful bigots. 

Xe’s gender fluid non binary. 
    I think I forgot to add POC to that?

Fuck, now I’m a racist. 
    edited April 2021
    Jus copped the 128GB RAM upgrade for my Mac. Now got everything taken care of for this computer. Everything is maxed out as high as it can go except for the SSD. It can go up to 8TB, but that was sum like 2 racks more, and in 7 years time, I never even fully filled a 1TB HD on my last one, so paying that much more SOLELY to have it as high as possible seemed unnecessary and excessive. The graphics card was also able to be upgraded during order, but I went stock because I don't do any type of gaming or video editing on it anyways. Overall it's a powerhouse tho. 2TB SSD, Intel i9 10 core processor, and 128GB RAM. 💪🏻💪🏻 And it's already retarded fast even wit the stock 8GB RAM. My DAW loads up in literally like 10 seconds, 200+ plug-ins included.

RAM came out to like $530 before tax, so not too bad, cause originally I was looking at $600+, but did some digging and found a better deal. Especially good price considering Apple charges literally $2,600 extra if you have them ship it out wit 128GB instead of the stock 8 lmao. I would have went cheaper by buying and installing the processor and SSD myself, but the only thing you can change after the fact on Macs is the RAM, so it's literally now or never when building it on the order page for any other upgrades.

This mf hit me for $4,100 in total, but I'm set for a long, long time. 💪🏻💪🏻

Also copped that other AutoTune last week, cause there's still been no update from Antares to make the one I already had compatible wit my OS. It was $300 so I really didn't want to, but I wasn't bout to sit around and wait for who knows how long, plus I now own the full set, (There's 3 of em.) so I'm set for life and compatible in any kind of scenario. All my other plug-ins that I actually use are all working too, so I’m completely back up to speed and no longer have a $4,100 brick lmfao.
    First off, im glad you like it. 

Second - $4,100? Cot damn what a rip off
    edited April 2021
    Not really. Build a GOOD gaming PC and you’re spending at least around 3K. 

And even if I instead had the PC that I previously bought before instead of getting another Mac (Because the PC didn’t support Thunderbolt.) that would have been about $3.5K-$3.8K anyways after doing the same exact RAM, SSD, and processor upgrades, on top of the fact that I would have had to buy a $500 or so monitor to match the quality of the iMac monitor, since it ain’t an all in one. It would have saved me a couple hundred dollars at most.

So yea, Mac is more pricey, but not as drastic as people like to pretend. A GOOD computer is running you into the thousands, period.

And I’m not here to choose a team, that shit is lame as PlayStation vs. Xbox. Both can be amazing, and both are better at certain things. If you want it for customization or gaming, you’re absolutely retarded to choose anything other than PC. But for anything creative, from music to photo/video editing, it’s usually better to go Mac. 

For me personally, paying the lil extra for Thunderbolt, (Which is your best, fastest, most reliable option for music production, which is 100% proven fact and not opinion.) my preference for the MacOS layout and Apple operating systems in general, my preference for the physical look of their machines, plus the near zero risk of any type of viruses on Mac, is what makes the extra bill worth it to me. There’s also the fact that Mac can run Windows but not vice versa for two in ones. I have no need to anymore cause I have everything legally for Mac now, but running Windows on Mac serviced me for a good 5 years.
    i could build a gaming PC that could play anything on ultra settings for a max of like 1500.

like i said im glad you like it, but its hard to deny that just about everything apple, especially on their MAC side of things, are way overpriced. 
    i could build a gaming PC that could play anything on ultra settings for a max of like 1500.

like i said im glad you like it, but its hard to deny that just about everything apple, especially on their MAC side of things, are way overpriced. 
    I find that hard to believe. My processor alone if you buy jus the processor is $460. A monitor wit the specs of the 2020 iMac display is around $500 minimum. My RAM is $500. And those chips would be the same price for Mac and PC. So that’s already $1500. Factor in top of the line graphics card and that’s at least another $500, same size SSD for Windows can be significantly lower at $200-$300, but that’s already $2200-$2300, and I’ve never looked into building a PC completely from scratch, but I would assume adding a base tower, fans, circuits, motherboard, on top of buying a top of the line keyboard and mouse, is bringing it to around $3,000+.

Again, I fully agree, Mac is more expensive, but it’s not drastic enough to where it becomes a “Well I really should save this $500” if Mac suits you better in the long run.

Plus, all in ones are a little more pricey as it is. Shit, you look at new Windows all in ones and they like the same price. Windows got that new all in one wit lesser specs than the newest iMac for like $3,500. Granted it has a touch screen so it doubles as a tablet and you paying for that as well, but still.