Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY FLOATS MY BOAT

Comments

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers

dranyam said:
    Id probably listen to nickel back over new korn
     Even as an overstatment, no you wouldn't. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy
    Dime said:
    LEGEND said:
    Korn has been "back" for like the past 3 albums. Except the the little detail that they still fucking suck
     Except they really haven't been. Path Of Totality was a dubstep infused album and Paradigm Shift had too much electronic/dubstep meddling. It was so muddled. This is the first thing they have released since 2010 that's even hinting at an older sound. I'm not saying the new album is going to be Issues or Follow the Leader part 2 but compared to what they've been doing the last 5 years, this was pretty solid. 
    Wasnt III supposed to be their big return?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    yeah i remember in 2010 when they were touring Mayhem that's what III was being marketed as. that was 6 years ago
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited July 2016
    Man Darkest Hour is still that shit. One of the only Metal bands I still like. Drunk as shit losing my shit to Convalescence rn.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    They didn't age well, but I enjoyed 'Hidden Hands of the Sadist Nation' when it came out
    So I jus listened to a bunch of my old Metal favorites and I think it hit me why I don't fuck wit Metal anymore. There's of course the fact of, which I've said multiple times, the ignorant fuckin fanbase which started drifting me away way before I stopped fuckin wit the music. You got mfs like Slap which I'm cool wit who's preference is Metal but give all other genres a legitimate open ear, and then the others which are the majority who believe Metal is the only good music and everything else is immediately trash. And go beyond disliking the music to a full blown hate campaign which is pathetic.

But while listening to all this shit, it hit me. MUSICALLY, I still fuck wit a lot of this. And even to this date, I feel like Metal has influenced a lot of my current favorite artists. Mfs like Travi$ Scott and Tory Lanez who make aggressive hard hitting shit that makes you wanna riot. And also why I seek more musically complex artists in Hip Hop. But I think the main difference is my emotional mindstate. I was an angry ass kid. A very angry sad ass kid who wanted to lash out at the world and Metal was that perfect outlet. It entered my life at the right time. But now I'm happy. I have friends now, I get bitches, the money good, life is good. I have nothin to complain about. And so I can't relate to any of this anymore. Even if I fuck wit what's bein done musically, the vibe jus isn't there anymore. I wake up happy feelin like the man most days, what I listen to is a good soundtrack to that. Metal is not. 

Yall find it funny and it became a sort of meme on here, but BMTH's TIAHBMISITIAHLKIAS is still one of the most influential albums of my entire life. Not even musically although there's that too. That album literally prevented me from killing myself and I prolly woulda went thru with it if it wasn't for that album. That was the most miserable point of my life and I'm forever grateful for that album. Still wanna get somethin tatted in tribute. But even thru that I simply can't casually listen to it anymore asides from moments like now, bein drunk and nostalgic.  That mindset jus ain't there anymore. The impact was there because it was miserable music for miserable kids. And I was one of em.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    "Miserable music for miserable kids". That's what happens when you jam BMTH
    imageimage
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Hip Hop is too gimmicky and Metal is too niche. Metal has been divided into a million different subgenres and thats why I think we're never gonna see a metal band as successful as Metallica or Maiden. It's also easier to appreciate these smaller, struggling bands that still make music for their small fan bases even though it's not really helping them financially, than it is to appreciate a rapper who brags about how much money he makes in every one of his songs. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    In b4 Erik makes a dub step album 
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    edited July 2016
    when i roll in at 5 in the morn dude when im drunk as shit im slobbering all over myself and cant fuckin see straight enough to recongnize the fukking keypad to post anything

erik doing it wrong must be slightly tilted cohernt enuf to write an essay

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

dude proly dint even have a beer while he watched Nemo Returns with his mommy on netflix night

[-(

blue turbins

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    She died in the first 10 minutes bro
    image Photobucket
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    I'll never understand when someone says "X band/song/album saved my life" or whatever along those lines. That person saved their own life. It may have taken a string of lyrics or something to put that through their head, but ultimately it's their doing. 
    inb4lists
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    lil_boat said:
    yeah i remember in 2010 when they were touring Mayhem that's what III was being marketed as. that was 6 years ago
     Yeah that's what they were aiming for but they tried too hard to make it "old school' that it had the opposite effect. Their weakest album imo. It was just such a basic rock album that you can drag and drop anywhere. There was nothing special or unique or aggressive about  it like they were making it out to be. That's why I got so excited about this new song. This really sounds like a step in the right direction. And I'm not saying a band has to release the same materiel over and over but Korn has been experimenting with shit that's a 180 from what they usually do since See You On The Other Side came out in 2005. 
    SATAN said:
    Erik has so many friends, gets so many girls and hates metalheads so much that he continues to frequent this site on Saturday nights
    Because I was back home after bein out. :-|

Goddamn you pathetic. Get my dick out your mouth.
    Shit was typed at 6:30 in the morning. Learn to read fatass.
    u werent out drinkin lieing fhaggot

[-(

blue turbins

Shit was typed at 6:30 in the morning. Learn to read fatass.

[-(

blue turbins