Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Official Album Review Thread.

1234568»

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited August 2011
    Murder To Excellence:

Another track that has a very old school feel, definitely one of my least favorite tracks, but that's not saying much, it's still amazing, and I still love it, just don't prefer it over a lot of the other tracks. Love the subject matter of this as well, with Yeezy reminiscing about people he's lost to street/gang violence. Another very deep track. As the title suggests, he goes from talking about dark times in his life to now, where he's obviously risen above all that, and preaching how he's trying to make it stop. 10/10

Made In America:
    The other track that features my nigguh Frank Ocean, and he once again kills it, and beyond delivers on the hook, he has a beautiful voice (No homo.) and fits in perfectly with the beat, which is equally beautiful. Most beautiful beat out of the regular tracks (Once again, Illest Motherfucker Alive takes the cake on that, but it's a bonus track.) Just has such a happy/feel good feel to it that puts a smile on my face. This track talks about how they made it and are very successful now, with Jay once again reminiscing about his past, and how he lived shitty, and had to hustle slanging yay to make money, and how he rose above that leading to now. 10/10

Why I Love You:

Perfect ending to the regular album in my honest opinion. With the production shining just as brightly as it started off. The hook is amazing, and Jay and Yeezy do the verse trading thing again, more rapidly than the other tracks that did it, very fluently and smoothly. The chord progressions that come in towards the end are just beautiful, and lead the song out perfectly. At the end, Jay and Yeezy trade verses every few words, and then the song ends very abruptly and suddenly, but I think it ends up working perfectly, because it leads into 3 minutes of silence at the beginning of Illest Motherfucker Alive, and it just has such an epic feel about it. 10/10

Illest Motherfucker Alive:

Oh my God, what can't be said about this track? As stated earlier, it's my absolute favorite track, beat, everything, on the album, although it's a bonus track. Not enough words could accurately describe what I think of this song. It's too amazing and perfect, I can't accurately describe it. This is where the production power comes full force, showing exactly how amazing this production can get, it's an absolute masterpiece in my opinion. It shows what these dudes are fully capable of, and it shows unstoppable creativity. The four note high pitched piano part that's repeatedly played is one of the most beautiful pieces of Music I've ever heard. And the repeated synth line that goes down a step every 3 notes sounds so climactic and powerful. The choirs that come in are beautiful and just highlight the ultimate epic feel of this song. This is something that would play at the end of the world. A beautiful ending. In the last minute, Kid Cudi comes in very subtlety, singing "I'm moving in slow motion......." and those 5 lines, as simple as they are, encapsulate the true genius of this song, and album in general. The ultimate highlight moment of the entire album, it's so mezmerising and hypnotic, and just caps off the powerful, epic, beautiful, monstrous feel of this entire song. Of course, Yeezy and Hov's verses are hot, but everything else in this song completely outshine their rapping. One of the best songs I've ever heard in my life. Easily in my top 10. 11/10

Primetime:

Another very old school sounding track, very sinister sounding. The production is golden yet again. Jay shows one of his smoothest deliveries on the album on this track. Yeezy's verse is fire too. Not much else to say about this track though. 10/10

H.A.M.:

Oh my fucking God. This song will always be amazing, this was the first song released off of Watch The Throne, and it's still so fucking amazing and powerful. Produced by Lex Luger, and one of my absolute favorite tracks on the album, and one of the best beats I've ever heard. The way the beat progresses and climaxes at the hook sounds so powerful. There's no other word to describe it, it's just unstoppable. This is another song that just has this ridiculously victorious sounding feel to it. It leads up to a beautiful and insanely monstrous sounding choir, breaking down to a gorgeous piano section, with angelic sounding female choirs over it, then exploding back into the hook beat, and it's done so perfectly, and is easily the hardest hitting moment of the entire album. Jay and Yeezy deliver some of their absolute hottest bars on this track. 11/10

The Joy:

Another track with an old school feel. Reminds me of Eric B. And Rakim, also has a Homecoming feel to it for some reason. Love this though, just bare bones, raw, and real Hip Hop. Very slow and chilled out basic Hip Hop track, great way to end the album IMO. 10/10

So, overall, this album is something that's so much larger than life. Something so much bigger than just another Hip Hop album. This is a modern Musical masterpiece. An album that should go down in history. This album showed what's truly possible with Music with genius minds and dedication, something so beautiful and amazing that words will never be able to describe it. It also reassured me that there's still absolutely perfect and captivating albums to be made in an age where it seems impossible with generic albums, and bubble gum artists running the Music business. This album is like nothing I've ever heard before. It's albums like this that constantly remind me why Music is my life. I can only hope to ever make an album this amazing, it's stuff like this that constantly push me to better myself Musically. 11/10
    'Twas ignored. :(
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'll review Gallows when it ships to me. I have a feeling it's may be my album of the year.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I haven'tq listened to watch the throne yet because i don't care a ton but ill listen to it eventually and ill chime in. it'll probably be better than goblin since i like kanye and jay z more.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    edited August 2011
    ADTR doesn't sound like blink at all
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
    8-|

Obsess a little more.
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip