Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Official Album Review Thread.

Comments

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I like ADTR too...I'm just stating what I think.
    imageimage
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yes they sound a lot like Blink 182 at times, but they're their biggest influence. I wouldn't call that generic though.
    If anything, they remind me of New Found Glory at times.
    imageimage
    edited December 2010
    Another one of their huge influences. And Chad Gilbert produced Homesick and WSMFY.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I would classify them in the same category of unoriginality as Airbourne and Warbringer.

Sure, they do some different things every once in a while but it's obvious that their sound is based off of someone else.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    I get what Brian is saying. Like Wolfmother and Zeppelin.
    imageimage
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    I <3 that video. I have it favorited on YouTube
    imageimage
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    No, you obviously live in Oakland.
    No, Cheeze lives in the ghetto.
    He was talkin bout you. <_>
    N its an ex-ghetto.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    gizetto
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Think before you type people.

Why did you bump this <_>
    imageimage
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    like i said everyone of the threads involved the same shit. thats why i made the thread. :-|

oh well shit happens....
    edited July 2011
    WELL FUCK YOUR STUPID REVIEWS!

I will never post another review again [-(
    imageimage
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    edited July 2011
    Whoops, this was the wrong one. Found the original XD
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    i'll post when new Trivium gets released
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited August 2011
    Figured I'd do Watch The Throne, such an amazing album.

Now, before going track by track, let me just say, that upon first listen, this album blew me the fuck away and had me instantly hooked. This album has the best production I've ever heard above any other album, period. Monstrous is the only way to accurately describe it, and even then, it's not enough, it's larger than life. You can tell so much dedication went into this album. Even if the rapping was absolute shit, I'd love this album based on the production alone. Luckily, that's not the case, since Yeezy and Hov both killed it. As has been the common opinion on this album, Jay has the smoother flow, with Kanye being the more lyrical one with more clever metaphors and punchlines. Also, similar to tracks that Tyler and Earl have done together, they have a perfect chemistry together and feed off of eachother, and force eachother to be at the top of their game lyrically.

No Church In The Wild:

Now, with my nigguh Frank Ocean from WOLF GANG being on this, I had high expectations before I even heard it, and of course, it blew my expectations, but way more than I thought it would. Right off the bat, I got a taste of how truly amazing this production is on this album, the beat is amazing, and Frank Ocean coming in with the amazing hook "What's a king to a God?" sounds so perfect, and has an angelic effect. He just killed it, and is easily the highlight of the song, he outshined Jay and Yeezy, but that isn't to say that they don't deliver either, because they do, both of their verses are amazing, and show how smart and clever they are with their verses, all in all, this was a perfect intro track to the album, and I think captures all the elements of the album perfectly and what's in store for the rest of the album. 10/10

Lift Off:

So Jay Z featured his bitch Beyonce on this, and I gotta say, it was a brilliant move. She fits perfectly. The beat, showcasing the perfect production again, is very uplifting and victorious sounding, something I'd listen to after winning the Olympics, a victory anthem, and her voice just soars and has the same feel as the beat. Then Kanye comes in with an amazing verse that soars just like everything else on this track. This is going to be the next single, and with good reason, it's very catchy, the hook is insane. Jay's verse is great too, but Kanye easily took the cake on this track. 10/10

Niggas In Paris:

DAT SHIT CRAY. Now, right off the bat, this beat literally made my jaw drop, once again, showcasing the amazing production, it only gets better with each track. It still gives me chills and gets me hyped as fuck, and is quite possibly the best beat out of the regular tracks (Illest Motherfucker Alive is overall the best, as well as my favorite track on the album hands down, but it's a bonus track that's only on the deluxe edition.) The beat is just perfect, and Jay and Yeezy both kill it. Yeezy has one of my absolute favorite lines on this album in this song "What's Gucci my nigguh? What's Louie my killuh? What's drugs my dealuh? What's that jacket, Margiela?". Overall, one of my favorite songs on the album. 10/10

Otis:

The first single that was released off of this album, and holy shit, just absolutely amazing. It's bare bones and basic, but still manages to be one of the best songs on the album. It's titled Otis because it samples Otis Redding for the beat, it's a very basic beat, and the basic beat only has Otis's Vocals and Bass Drums, not much Snare, but it still manages to be an amazing beat. This song, overall, shows Jay and Yeezy's chemistry the best out of any of the other songs, trading verses fluently and delivering hot bars. Has my favorite line on the album "Sophisticated Ignorance, write my curses in cursive, I get it custom, you a customer. You ain't accustomed to going through customs, you ain't been nowhere, hah?!?". 10/10

Gotta Have It:

Very short track, and the production slows down a bit here, first beat that isn't insanely unique, pretty basic Hip Hop beat, but I still love it, and like Otis, Jay and Yeezy do the back and forth verse trading very fluently, which I love, I wish they did that for every track. Jay has one of his hottest lines in this track. "Bueller had a Muller, but I switched it for a Mille, 'Cause I'm richer, and prior to this shit, was moving free base.". 10/10

New Day:

One of the chillest songs on the album, nothing too crazy, good smoking song to vibe to though. I love the chord progressions that come in towards the end, this beat goes back to showing the amazing production. Produced by The RZA of Wu Tang Clan. Very emotional track, where Kanye and Jay both talk about their sons, very deep. 10/10

That's My Bitch:

Ohhh boy. This track. One of my absolute favorites on the album, has a very old school Hip Hop feel, which I love. Kanye and Hov's flows on this are ridiculously smooth and delivered so perfectly. The old school homage is even more evident with the hook, very old school Soul sample. And, although not a particularly special line, the way Yeezy delivers "It ain't safe in the city, Watch The Throne." gives me chills every time. 10/10

Welcome To The Jungle:

Monstrous. Yet again, the production shines above everything else. Although, it's easily the most different beat on the album. Yeezy starts off by saying "I asked her where she wanna be when she 25. She turned around and looked at me, and she said "Alive."." Which is the perfect introduction to the subject of the song. Very deep song, very emotional. Deepest track on the album hands down. I connected with this song immediately so much. Jay's verse is just spilling his heart out, that hit me really hard. Perfect delivery. Fitting too, it's basically his track, this is one of the songs that Yeezy is barely on, he only has a few lines. He just let Jay spill his heart out and have this track to himself. 10/10

Who Gon' Stop Me:

This beat is one of my top 3 favorite beats on the album, sampling an old song, repeatedly saying "I can't stop stop stop stop..." and just like Lift Off, it feels very victorious and empowering, very fitting yet again for the subject of the song. Basically a fuck you to their past lives living poor and like shit, and saying who's gonna stop them now? They're at the top of the fucking world. Has one of my favorite lines: "Heard She Fucked The Doorman...Well, That's Cool, I Fucked The Waitress.
    Heard Yeezy Was Racist?
    Well I Guess That's On One Basis...
    I Only Like Green Faces."
    Also, one of the most unique beats, since it samples Dubstep as well, which sounds like it would be shit on a Hip Hop song, but they did it very minimally, yet used it in a perfect way. Fits in perfectly and hits so hard. 10/10